I think this is an HONEST 'gun review'....!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

I think this is an HONEST 'gun review'....!

Post by AJMD429 »

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I think this is an HONEST 'gun review'....!

Post by fordwannabe »

I wish he wouldn’t beat around the bush. He should let us know how he really feels.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

When someone says something is just junk, they seldom have have the level of proof shown in his video. I am often skeptical when something is called junk. Show me proof. He did. Any pistol that cannot stabilize a bullet enough to keep it from going sideways at 3 yards has a serious problem.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Both Carl and Ian are great. Loads of knowledge and experience between them.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I don't know how someone could look at that thing and not call it junk. Just sayn'.
It's kind of like the old saying " Friends don't let friends buy Hi Points". :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
1851Colt
Levergunner

Post by 1851Colt »

Hello All: long time reader, first time poster here. I had to write to agree with Karl of InRange. Standard Manufacturing’s customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. My story: after my father passed last year I wanted to purchase a SAA in honor of the man who taught me firearm safety and in memory of the many Saturday afternoon westerns we watched together. After much internal debate I decided on a Standard Manufacturing SAA: .45, blued, color case hardened. I ordered it and after a month or so wait , it arrived at my local FFL. Upon arrival I noticed a few issues. 1) the forcing cone was scraping off the bluing of the cylinder face every time the cylinder rotated. 2) the barrel bluing was discolored in large “splotches” below the front sight on both sides of the barrel. A contracted series of emails to Std.Manuf. customer service then began. Eventually I was told that 1) they all do that and 2) it must have happened after shipping so not our problem. Throughout, I was treated without respect though with contempt by their CS Dept, gunsmiths and even company management. Contrast this with the friendly, excellent CS I have received from Ruger and from Henry. I know from where I will buy in the future. Karl of InRange got off easy in laying out about $400 for his Std. Manuf. mistake. I am in the hole for about $1900 for a revolver that will, to me, always be tainted. I am more than willing to pay for excellent quality. It is too bad that Standard Manufacturing cannot supply it.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

1851Colt wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:13 am Hello All: long time reader, first time poster here. I had to write to agree with Karl of InRange. Standard Manufacturing’s customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. My story: after my father passed last year I wanted to purchase a SAA in honor of the man who taught me firearm safety and in memory of the many Saturday afternoon westerns we watched together. After much internal debate I decided on a Standard Manufacturing SAA: .45, blued, color case hardened. I ordered it and after a month or so wait , it arrived at my local FFL. Upon arrival I noticed a few issues. 1) the forcing cone was scraping off the bluing of the cylinder face every time the cylinder rotated. 2) the barrel bluing was discolored in large “splotches” below the front sight on both sides of the barrel. A contracted series of emails to Std.Manuf. customer service then began. Eventually I was told that 1) they all do that and 2) it must have happened after shipping so not our problem. Throughout, I was treated without respect though with contempt by their CS Dept, gunsmiths and even company management. Contrast this with the friendly, excellent CS I have received from Ruger and from Henry. I know from where I will buy in the future. Karl of InRange got off easy in laying out about $400 for his Std. Manuf. mistake. I am in the hole for about $1900 for a revolver that will, to me, always be tainted. I am more than willing to pay for excellent quality. It is too bad that Standard Manufacturing cannot supply it.
That sucks! Your explanation gives the information needed to tell that your opinion is based on fact. Thank you for giving information.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost