9mm Just for Fun...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

9mm Just for Fun...

Post by AJMD429 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-f83a17LBY

Fun to see such a serious dude as Othais just goof off...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Re: 9mm Just for Fun...

Post by piller »

It looks pretty useful to me.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Kel tec?...

9 is a lot of fun though.

In the Uzi owner's manual, it says to "clean under the extractor every 5,000 rounds. My guess is it would be a stroke of luck if the kel tec makes it to the first cleaning.

Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Six, my and PillHer's Kel-Tecs have only got about 5,000 rounds through them each.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

piller wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:18 am Six, my and PillHer's Kel-Tecs have only got about 5,000 rounds through them each.
Ya know Piller....I may have to back up on my statement...the guys who work at the gunshop say kel tech don't come back so maybe they are good....but.....longevity is the final determination in superiority. Look here, kel techs don't have to go up against those ragheads in the sand like Uzi's do. :D ---006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I own one Kel-Tec. I have a PF9 I've had for years. I bought it used for cheap to deep cover carry because of its size and weight. When the "tiny niney's" came out, it was the only one that worked.
Yup, it's a piece of stuff, but mine has never failed. It's not fun to shoot, however, and makes a 44 magnum out of 9mm. I heard they had been updated and contacted the company to see what had changed. They told me they would send me a shipping label if I wanted to return it for all updates, free of charge. I said sure. I got the pistol back in a week or so. The only thing that came back the same was the slide. The pistol still functioned perfectly.
Now, I'm no Kel-Tec fanboy, but I really have no problem with them. My example works, and their service is second to none.
I haven't shot the little pistol in years. I don't carry small guns anymore.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

As far as them standing up to years of use, who knows? They do seem to stand up to some use. Don't forget that the Colt Walker revolvers were known to have about half of them blow up at the first use.
D. Brian Casady
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I'm very rejudiced and very biased against 9mm because I like the 30/30 so much.... But in a Contender carbine i would take the 9mm over any other caliber fir a do it all round for subsisting and shooting any and every thing up to deer. Was a piece if cake to wack the 8" gong at 200 yards almost every shot.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I've been a 9mm fan as long as I've been a .45 ACP fan. Never owned a carbine in 9mm, but would or will if I come upon the right one. I watched all the wonder calibers come on the market that were supposed to "fix" issues with those carrying 9mm and thinking they were under gunned. But just never saw the 9mm as a wimpy round myself. I've also read many articles about how the 9mm isn't especially accurate, but never had any that suffered for accuracy myself.
I like the Keltec from what I've seen and heard, and may buy one if I see one locally at a decent price. Likely wont add any gadgets to it, as it would just be another house gun for close up work.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It may seem sort of long to look at, but half of it is above and behind your hand. It can be fired one handed pretty easily, plus it is evenly balanced. I have the .40 cal version. PillHer has the 9mm version. The .40 cal version is comfortable with the 165 grain loads. The 180 grain loads can start to kick a little. The butt design is not real comfortable, and that is the reason. For shooting sessions of 500 rounds, the 165 grain loads are best. The 9mm is even better for extended sessions. PillHer usually shoots hers at 50 yards at the range. 17 round Glock magazines are what hers is set for.
D. Brian Casady
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The Ruger LCP is a much improved clone of the Kel Tec....
I'd rather bang on my left nut with a hammer than go plinking a couple hundred rounds out of that snappy bastage.
I take it out every blue moon, put a bandaid on my trigger finger, and see it it still works, then clean it a bit.
I'd have to live to about 300 YO to reach 5,000 rounds.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The P3-AT and the LCP are not fun to practice, but they are super easy to hide and keep on you.
D. Brian Casady
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

piller wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:02 pm The P3-AT and the LCP are not fun to practice, but they are super easy to hide and keep on you.
Uh, yup! :shock:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

piller wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:02 pm The P3-AT and the LCP are not fun to practice, but they are super easy to hide and keep on you.
When I teach newbies to shoot eventually (after a Ruger Mk3, Single-Six, Taurus 357x7” using 38’s, and a Taurus 9mm PT-92) we have a Ruger LCP (my daughter’s) or KelTec P3-AT (my son’s) and a Ruger Super Blackhawk on the table (180 grain 44 Spl loads); I ask them which they want to shoot first and then let them compare. They ALWAYS enjoy the big monster-stopper way better than the itty-bitty gun, due to the snappy recoil of the littler one.

That sparks a discussion of practice-vs-carry guns, guns left home because they are too ‘inconvenient’ and so on. Sometimes I’ll wear a polo shirt with my Redhawk in a CCW rig just so if they don’t think you can conceal a ‘big’ gun they learn that yes you can. Just depends on how you are willing to dress and so on.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

I, too, would rather bang Blaine's left nut with a hammer, rather than be seen anywhere near a gun that dern ugly 8)
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

octagon wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:28 pm I, too, would rather bang Blaine's left nut with a hammer, rather than be seen anywhere near a gun that dern ugly 8)
It took me a minute, then I was rolling on the floor laughing!!!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:25 am
octagon wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:28 pm I, too, would rather bang Blaine's left nut with a hammer, rather than be seen anywhere near a gun that dern ugly 8)
It took me a minute, then I was rolling on the floor laughing!!!
:lol: :lol: Me, too.....
Stand in line, Octapussy..... 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

In better days, a Man would only offer this type of insult face to face and Not on public forum where politeness is the only rule, to do otherwise is at best the act of a coward. Having seen your pic with your poodle, I can easily see why you choose to deliver insults by computer only.