1892 winchester

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
craig siler
Levergunner

1892 winchester

Post by craig siler »

I have a winchester 1892 saddle ring carbine 44-40 that the magazine tube mounts were missing. I need the front band behind the sight and the dovetail thats behind the forend to mount the magazine tube. I dont seem to be able to find the parts . Will a 189 2 barrel band and dovetail mount fit the 1892

thanks
craig
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: 1892 winchester

Post by gamekeeper »

Which 1892 are you talking about ? and by the way welcome to the fire.... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

The saddle ring carbine doesn't use a dovetail but has 2 rings. One on the fore-end and the other at the muzzle. I don't have either right now but I think 94 rings will work. Ask NKJ.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

Plenty of originals on eBay, 1894 and 1892 large caliber are the same. The mag tube is held by the rear band screw ,passes through forend and notch in tube,same for front band. Dobt get one of the stamped repos or post 64.
Make sure it came off a vintage rifle.
Expect to pay $60 or so.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

This is one on eBay now under 1894 front band ,has the original screw too.Notice your looking for milled bands .Not stamped.See how thick the center Webb is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
craig siler
Levergunner

Post by craig siler »

thanks guys for all the help. I knew I would get the proper info from the experts.

craig siler
twobit
Levergunner 2.0

Post by twobit »

Hello Craig,

The 44 WCF and 38 WCF saddle ring carbines have larger diameter magazines than those used on the 32 WCF and 25-20 WCF rifles. As mentioned the larger magazines are held in place by barrel bands which encompass the barrel and magazine while the smaller caliber configuration uses a single magazine retaining ring fitted into a dovetail cut into the bottom side of the barrel.
254xxx7[1].jpg
Carbine FS.jpg
Ebay is a darn good place to look for them or you can also look here: https://homesteadparts.com/shop/winches ... c-1_9.html

I have been working on a research survey of the 1892's for almost 9 years now in support of a reference book/website I am doing. Can I get the serial number of your rifle so that I can add it into the data please? I am happy to answer any other questions you might have.

Michael
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael Puzio
Winchester Model 1892 Collector, Research & Valuations