Ruger Old Army price or value

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Ruger Old Army price or value

Post by 3leggedturtle »

They have been following me at every gun show the last 2 years. Who, here, knows prices and value? If i find them for $500 or less is that a good price. Or is that a dislocate your shoulder yanking out yer wallet price? I turned down a Rhino 357 snubby for $750 and then saw what they were going for recently. Have a show this weekend so I have a few $'s to use up. Hoping the guy with Pedersoli 12gauge double has it with again. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Ruger Old Army price or value

Post by 2ndovc »

I'd say $500 is a steal these days. I had one years ago and when Ruger announced they were discontinuing them I sold it. I was into something else at that time, but should have kept it. Saw a really nice one a couple weekends ago with fixed sights for $800. I would have bought it, but didn't take that much cash with me that day. On GB they're all over, price wise but haven't seen a good one go for less than $700 recently and the fixed sighted revolvers are going for a couple hundred more. I've been on a BP kick lately and have been watching for a good one.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

Following this as I have a Stainless ROA I am thinking of parting with but unsure of its value.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Jason never knew they made a fixed sight version. Ive seen a couple if the 5 1/2" versions.

Rockrat, I didnt buy a stainles ROA fir $450 cuz I got a Bearcat for $350 last fall.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I got a nice stainless, adj sights, marked Bicentennial ROA from Buds for about 500, but that was several years ago.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

I've been thinking about going with black powder exclusively for a year, just for fun. I've thought of ROAs or Remington 1858s for the farm and maybe a big rifle for pigs. Had a pal with a ROA for sale but I know he's shot the snot out of it like all his stuff. Recently discovered Muzzle Blast magazine and bought 5 or 6 from the early 80s...neat.
shasta_steve
Levergunner 1.0

Post by shasta_steve »

3leggedturtle wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:17 am They have been following me at every gun show the last 2 years. Who, here, knows prices and value? If i find them for $500 or less is that a good price. Or is that a dislocate your shoulder yanking out yer wallet price? I turned down a Rhino 357 snubby for $750 and then saw what they were going for recently. Have a show this weekend so I have a few $'s to use up. Hoping the guy with Pedersoli 12gauge double has it with again. Todd/3leg
The estate I recently was in charge of had one. For the Estate I put a value of $600 on it but think it would of sold for more. It was in great shape. I would of loved to take it but the other two guys were way more into pistols than I am . They are great guns though.

I used to have a Navy Arms 12ga that I believe was made by Pedersoli. I used to love hunting with it and really regret giving it away. I did better with it than my normal shotgun. I think mostly because I did not take stupid shots. I recently got a Pedersoli 10ga that I am looking forward to shooting. Goal is this year to get a turkey with it. I am off the next couple days and think I am going to take it and a new to me Pedersoli .36, that my Dad just gave me, out to the range.