Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairman of the.......bored

Post by Sixgun »

Birds, wingshots, pork chops, sheds, and a WINNER with the double win as Gunny made post number 300! :D Your gonna win big and with the exceptional win comes an exceptional prize......this prize is only for the elite...it must be as my redneck living has never seen anything like it.......this leather tool you are about to be awarded is definitely for the upper classes with soft and supple skin......those same hands have to remain callus free for all of the delicate "handling" they must do.

I'm beside myself.....amazed........well......

as I plan on a lot of blasting with the Model A Uzi, I have to get some moulds cranking today......

GUNNY....Your prize!!!!!

Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Astute observation! ;-)

You get the 100.year old knife set award.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Fred....we LOVE those cast iron frying pans....must have 15 of them......but mom don't use em anymore as this new stuff they have out let's her to watch TV, forget what she has on the stove to burn up the food to a crisp.

This is our largest one, we can cook up a whole hind quarter on this baby....and it's a real deal Griswold!---006

100 year old knife set! Man, you get aaallllll of the neat stuff!!! Only thing I get is a stupid miniature frying pan for midgets.

Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

ah Griswold you say. This one is 70 years old and still in use ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That little one is cool !!!

Here is some more cool ... Marlin .410 ;-)

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Like most quality items, good cast iron lasts forever if proper maintenance is done. My Grandmother was still using hers up to her death. It was over 70 years old and had fed a family of 11. A couple of the sons were big fellows with hearty appetites.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Today I went shed hunting in some deep wood's . Way to much crusty slippery snow out in the woods!. I took18 rounds of 357 mag and my new to me Smith. Shooting about 20 yards. My first shot was dead bullseye! I'm not kidding, the rest of the shots were all within about two inches of the bullseye. I'm very impressed with the old Smith. I'm not use to shooting 357 mags. It kicks quite a bit more than my Ruger Blackhawk in 44 spl. Looking forward to the warm front this week, I hope to get rid of some of crusty snow and ice!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The snow is hard up here too. Downside is it takes longer to get rid of. I have a lot of work to do on my Woodlot and I'm waiting for the snow to get down enough.
I need to try my new Smith too. Glad your 357 shoots well, but un my experience, that's how Smiths are.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Where's Captain Griswold? (His NEW name) like Donald Trump, I have given everyone I know their own name that fits their personality......yes Master, no Master.....he has that drill sergeant mentality from all of those years in the Marine Corps being a DI and I am the ONLY one who can get away with calling him that.

Anyway, not much beats a 38 caliber Smith or a fine Old model Ruger for woods bumming.....pee on the heavy loads, I like 4-5 gr. of Bullseye for taking impromptu shots......I still say the best woods bumming gun is a 32-20.

Fred....your 410 is highly collectible ....in my many travels I came across them but they never bit me.....could have had like new ones for $500 ......of course that was when $500 was equal to a grand today.....off the top of my head your gun will go for upwards of 2 big ones.

Well, got the furnace smoking...after lounging around today, laughing and blowing fanny burps it's time to get to work!----0006
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

It was a gift from s patient. Shoots right to the bead.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey JOG....I bet you didn't find any sheds....like you said earlier, we find em with dumb luck...... :D

Captain Griswold has a thing for the "soft stuff" and he don't have to look for it...it comes to him.

Fired up the furnace and it took me 3.5 hours from start to clean up to make near a couple of thousand bullets.....around 750 .357 SWC's and 1150 124 gr. TC for the 9mm. Takes an hour to get everything ready, heated up, moulds decreased, get the fan set up, and a good half hour for clean up.....

The UZI's will love me for it.---006

Model A Uzi’s
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Oooo 6. I like does litta lead pieces......can I eat dem? Yo best hide dos tings. Ole winny git dat big coat and tek em. I tink he eats em and I hears folks eat lead in maine.it make ems smart.

Ooopps...I tink i's got gas...gotta go

Birdman
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I looked for sheds Saturday morning, didn't get into the woods, still a lot of snow here too. I've found that by looking where trails go into thick stuff, or where the deer jump up & over stone rows of blowdown trees I've found sheds. It is a lot of luck too. Once the snow is gone is the best time to look. This weekend should be better.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Sixgun wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:58 pm Hey JOG....I bet you didn't find any sheds....like you said earlier, we find em with dumb luck...... :D

Captain Griswold has a thing for the "soft stuff" and he don't have to look for it...it comes to him.

Fired up the furnace and it took me 3.5 hours from start to clean up to make near a couple of thousand bullets.....around 750 .357 SWC's and 1150 124 gr. TC for the 9mm. Takes an hour to get everything ready, heated up, moulds decreased, get the fan set up, and a good half hour for clean up.....

No such luck finding any sheds. It was so crusty and icy out there, it was all I could do to not land on my a--! Tuesday and weds we should get some melting.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

JOG wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:18 am
Sixgun wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:58 pm Hey JOG....I bet you didn't find any sheds....like you said earlier, we find em with dumb luck...... :D

No such luck finding any sheds. It was so crusty and icy out there, it was all I could do to not land on my a--! Tuesday and weds we should get some melting.
Yup. It's supposed to warm way up towards the end of the week. I'd like to go look myself. Sadly, no deer winter on my property. I can't really understand it, as I have some perfect yarding areas. All the deer in our area migrate down to Athens for the winter. Strangely enough, the area they go to had a lot for sale we looked at once.
Did you get your 86 yet? Be sure and post pics!
Looks like some of the guys will help you get the old gal running. Great bunch here.
Old Six has done me more than one solid. Pay attention to his advice. He ain't too tightly wrapped, be he sure do know old guns and they're workins'. :D
Gunny will surprise you too. He is our local shotgun expert and even a smiffin school grad-u-ate. He's got skills. :D
I'm an idiot. But I'm just up the road. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OldWin wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:13 pm
Sadly, no deer winter on my property. I can't really understand it, as I have some perfect yarding areas.
[/quote]

Colonel Jay, dat whacky 6 call me uped at 1st crack dat dawn ant he says you be writin' crazy stup. He wanna knows if dat word
You usey be dat same at "doe yard".

You guys gots it goody up dere in mainesy...up here in nome, Alaska, we be 2,000 below zero

Birdman
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Yup. It's supposed to warm way up towards the end of the week. I'd like to go look myself. Sadly, no deer winter on my property. I can't really understand it, as I have some perfect yarding areas. All the deer in our area migrate down to Athens for the winter. Strangely enough, the area they go to had a lot for sale we looked at once.
Looks like some of the guys will help you get the old gal running. Great bunch here.
Old Six has done me more than one solid. Pay attention to his advice. He ain't too tightly wrapped, be he sure do know old guns and they're workins'. :D
Gunny will surprise you too. He is our local shotgun expert and even a smiffin school grad-u-ate. He's got skills. :D
It's probably going to be a few weeks till I can pick the 86 up! appreciate all the help all you guys are giving me! I've never reloaded before, so there's lot's to understand and a lot to learn! I('ve had Marlin's and Winchester's since I was a teen. The only oddball caliber I've ever owned was a pre 64 Winchester in 32 spl. There's still plenty of 32spl around. But the 33 wcf hasn't been made commercially since 1940 or so. So I guess you have to roll your own! When I pick up the 86 I'll photograph it then ask all you old school lever action aficionado's
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Neckid as a.......Jay Bird? :shock:

When the snow gets deep, the deer "yard up", or get in groups ranging from a few to a hundred if there is ample food source and cover. This way they can pack trails so they can move. Usually, these are in thick areas of cedar that they browse when there is no other food available. This is not a good source, but beggars can't be choosers.
If it's a long winter with early snows, the problem is obvious. The deer eat the browse up till they can't reach it. Then they slowly starve. Coyotes also can get into the yards and decimate the population in short order. Loggers will sometimes drop cedars when they encounter them so the deer can eat. Many times, deer will come into a Woodyard where the snow is packed or plowed. They will stay right there even when people are present. They also like the snowmobile trails because it allows them to shift locations. A rider has to be mindful of this because they don't want to get out of the trail. I always stop when I see them. I don't want to make them run or stress them because they need every bit of energy to survive. Running them can be a death sentence.
I have stopped my sled while a yard moved across the trail. There were so many deer that the trail was completely obliterated in a 50 yard stretch where they crossed.
They don't have an easy life. Incredible critters.
Last edited by OldWin on Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

JOG,
Without a doubt, the 33 Winchester would be one of the WORST cartridges to learn on, next to dash numbered cartridges to be used in guns made before 1900 or so. It's a sloping case and is subjectable to case head separations if not resized to the rifles chamber dimensions.....

A high primer in an '86 and firing it a split second before the action is completely locked can result in the action prematurely opening.....I saw that with my own eyes and it's not pretty.......

Relax, get the gun (if you want to) .....ogle it, fondle it, show it off and go on from there.....another thing ....not meant to be a bummer is someone who knows the old guns should check it out before you buy it....if it has excessive headspace that gun will be a bottomless financial pit.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That picture of the bullets and the cat is mighty popular on our thread.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

JOG wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:36 pm

It's probably going to be a few weeks till I can pick the 86 up! appreciate all the help all you guys are giving me! I've never reloaded before, so there's lot's to understand and a lot to learn! I('ve had Marlin's and Winchester's since I was a teen. The only oddball caliber I've ever owned was a pre 64 Winchester in 32 spl. There's still plenty of 32spl around. But the 33 wcf hasn't been made commercially since 1940 or so. So I guess you have to roll your own! When I pick up the 86 I'll photograph it then ask all you old school lever action aficionado's
Fear not!
Shooting and hunting is about to get WAY more fun and satisfying for you.
I was in your shoes over 30 years ago when I bought my first 44-40.
The biggest buck ever shot in Maine was shot just up the road from me with an 1886 ELW in 33wcf. The first time you step in the woods, shove some shells in the mag, and rack that action, hunting will never be same. I guarantee it.

When I got my first 92src 44-40 running, all I heard was how it wouldn't kill anything, and how I would be sorry when I lost a deer.
My third day out with it, I took the longest shot on a deer I've ever taken (70 yards :D ), and dropped a beautiful 185lb 8 pointer. It made my year! I got so much satisfaction from that experience.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK Colonel Jay...I never heard that term before .....they might use it upstate Pa....

Yea, I'll say "incredible creatures" ......you know how you have to go outside when it real cold to get something out of the garage, car, etc.and you only have your long John's on? ......and how you feel so good to get back inside.....dang deer don't have that option.......another reason why I quit hunting them.....they suffer in the wild and 'ole Six comes blasting them away! :D Hunting HAS to be done or the other result of overpopulation is worse.....

Yarding.......I'll be thinking about dat all day. :D -----006
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

When Tom was here the other day I was looking for a mould for him and came across this.....never knew I had it...100% New from the 1930's or earlier.

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

66 years old and you have never heard of deer yards- NOT door yards- they do it every winter, especially when there is lots of snow.

Is that mold .412? What weight? Can I have it?

Ugh what a pain in the tukkus! Hanging bifold doors, house framing is terrible, hardware is different than anything we have seen before and the " directions" are a joke- obviously translated from covideese and don't tell ya squat!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've put up a few sets of those myself, Gunny.
I feel your pain.
Never had one I didn't have to go back and adjust later too.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:49 pm 66 years old and you have never heard of deer yards- NOT door yards- they do it every winter, especially when there is lots of snow.

Is that mold .412? What weight? Can I have it?

Ugh what a pain in the tukkus! Hanging bifold doors, house framing is terrible, hardware is different than anything we have seen before and the " directions" are a joke- obviously translated from covideese and don't tell ya squat!
No....never heard it before......maybe I did and stuffed it away.......when Colonel Jay wrote that, the word, "yard" kicked off an alarm in my brain and I started laughing, thinking about the dooryard fiasco.....

"Instructions"? .....I can't even look at em anymore so that means if I can't figure it It on my own, I just throw the thing im trying to put together out in the dooryard.

Wadda mean, "can I have it"? You crazy! That takes nerve to ask somebody if they can have something that's not theirs!
(Yea, you can have it....it's only a stupid mould for the .405 Winchester.)
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Dooryard fiasco!

Ain't no fiasco bro! We'uns is in the know up here!
Weekend dogeeee!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:51 pm JOG,
Without a doubt, the 33 Winchester would be one of the WORST cartridges to learn on, next to dash numbered cartridges to be used in guns made before 1900 or so. It's a sloping case and is subjectable to case head separations if not resized to the rifles chamber dimensions.....

A high primer in an '86 and firing it a split second before the action is completely locked can result in the action prematurely opening.....I saw that with my own eyes and it's not pretty.......

Relax, get the gun (if you want to) .....ogle it, fondle it, show it off and go on from there.....another thing ....not meant to be a bummer is someone who knows the old guns should check it out before you buy it....if it has excessive headspace that gun will be a bottomless financial pit.
Thanks' Sixgun! It looked to be taken care of. I don't know about the headspace on this 1908 model 86. There's no pitting inside and out. Everything functions as it should. The Trading post has a 30 day guarantee on anything they sell. If she's junk the Trading post will give me store credit for some other pre 64 Winchester. I checked out the inside with my flashlight and it looks good. But that don't mean nothing! I'll roll the dice and keep my finger's crossed! I'm defieintly going to need a few round's to try it out within the 30 day. It will be a couple of weeks before I pick it up. Ebay had a box of Remington Kleenbore 200 gr. 33 wcf for $80.00 for the box. It was missing two rounds.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

JOG,
Just PM me your shipping address...I'll get ya a few for testing.....I'll load em with a starting load.....----6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

What's the parent case of the 33 Win?...I've not spent any time with one... If you are concerned about the headspace just do a little snooping online and get a set of headspace gauges. Might even find a place that rents gauges. However the gun should be stripped down, no extractor on the bolt to get a really good test of headspace. Remember headspace on most cartridges is only .003( GO) -005( NOGO) - .007( FIELD) Field is very excessive! I'd say if the gun is in good shape the headspace is probably just fine. It's the really well used guns that have seen lots of ammo, miles, dust& dirt that would be more prone to excessive headspace. There was a family that lived in CO where I went to skool, all the females in the family had excessive headspace- their eyes were where their temples should be- I'm serious!

Ordered takeout last night, delivery actually. Anyhow the woman that took the order says do you want a personal calzone or the family size? Was never asked that before... Send the family size. Ok this calzone shows up in a large pizza box, weighs about 5 lbs! Guess what I'm eating all week?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Had cook out last night ;-)

JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:43 am What's the parent case of the 33 Win?...I've not spent any time with one... If you are concerned about the headspace just do a little snooping online and get a set of headspace gauges. Might even find a place that rents gauges. However the gun should be stripped down, no extractor on the bolt to get a really good test of headspace. Remember headspace on most cartridges is only .003( GO) -005( NOGO) - .007( FIELD) Field is very excessive! I'd say if the gun is in good shape the headspace is probably just fine. It's the really well used guns that have seen lots of ammo, miles, dust& dirt that would be more prone to excessive headspace. There was a family that lived in CO where I went to skool, all the females in the family had excessive headspace- their eyes were where their temples should be- I'm serious!

Ordered takeout last night, delivery actually. Anyhow the woman that took the order says do you want a personal calzone or the family size? Was never asked that before... Send the family size. Ok this calzone shows up in a large pizza box, weighs about 5 lbs! Guess what I'm eating all week?
Gunny, inside the receiver looks a lot better than I though it would! I will see if the gun shop has any head space gauges. My guess is that the headspace is fine. It look's like the receiver was reblued many year's ago. The barrel and magazine have a lot less bluing left on it. I put up photos as soon as I can pick it up.

As far as your calzone goes, there's nothing like a 5 pound brick of oily cheese trapped in a old colon! Prepare for a week of blockage and painful constipation!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:30 pm JOG,
Just PM me your shipping address...I'll get ya a few for testing.....I'll load em with a starting load.....----6
PM sent. Thank you soo much sir!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Gunny,
The parent case is 45-70. The headspace is probably ok. If I could find some gages handy, I would probably check it. Otherwise I would cautiously give it a whirl.

OS,
Looks good! We will be a while before barbecue weather. Some do it all winter, but not me. My dad does his bacon on Sunday out on the grill all year.

JOG,
That's a pretty good description of a calzone. It always seems like a good idea at the time, though.
Yeah, get pics up of your 86 when you can. Curious to have a look-see.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

As far as your calzone goes, there's nothing like a 5 pound brick of oily cheese trapped in a old colon! Prepare for a week of blockage and painful constipation!
[/quote]

Luckily I'm kinda lactose intolerant so its more like grass through a goose! :lol:

I thought it was 45/70. I really doubt there is a headspace problem with it. Have Six load ya a thousand rounds and you are good to go !! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Jack sorry this is late but tell your daughter I am sorry to hear about the pup. He was a goofy little thing and seemed to like me. Again that sucks.
When we used to go bear hunting, snowmobiling and deer hunting near Eustis Me. The guide there had a golden retriever he had trained to find moose sheds. That dog would be running alongside a snowmobile and just st stop! Start digging and come up with a moose antler out of the snow.
I have a 4” 29 that likes the old skeeter load, 240 grain cast over 7.5 Unique. Sizing is important with that load.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Talking about the 33 Win cartridge. It sounds like a fun project. While not a mild round because of size and weight, it sounds like it would be more of a push than a harsh kick. Mild mannered, or maybe a polite round. Sure these new firearms can send a bullet out pretty fast, but the old ideas would kill game just as dead without needing all kinds of buffers and pads and things screwed on to the end of the barrel so that you could still use your arm the next day.
D. Brian Casady
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

JOG wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:39 pm
Sixgun wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:51 pm JOG,

Thanks' Sixgun! It looked to be well taken care of. I don't know about the headspace on this 1908 model 86. There's no pitting inside and out. Everything functions as it should. The Trading post has a 30 day guarantee on anything they sell. If she's junk the Trading post will give me store credit for some other pre 64 Winchester. I checked out the inside with my flashlight and it looks good. But that don't mean nothing! I'll roll the dice and keep my finger's crossed! I'm defieintly going to need a few round's to try it out within the 30 day. It will be a couple of weeks before I pick it up. Ebay had a box of Remington Kleanbore 200 gr. 33 wcf for $80.00 for the box. It was missing two rounds.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yawn.......rub eyes..........drop Nancy..........rub chocolate starfish.............get Coffee......pinch of Skoal.......bzzzzzzzzzz...

OK, let's start da day!!!! We's here in Sixgun Land is plannin' to parrrrtttyyy on dudes!

Oh! Parent case is 45-70....I use 45-70 for the .33, 40-65, and 40-60 Marlin.......45-90 cases for the 40-82....

Think bolt thrust....the .33 win, like the 348 is a very sloped cartridge case and puts more bolt thrust against antique steel than a straight walled case.....it was common back in the day for old timers to send their 1886's chambered in 45-70, 45-90, 40-82, 40-65,38-70, 38-56, 40-70 and I'm sure the 50-110 to the factory to be rebarreled in the hot new zinger 33 Winchester and its smokeless propellant.....

I don't read these things, I've seen more than a handful of 33 Winchesters with serial numbers denoting manufacture before 1902.

The older the steel, the less perfect it is to contain fast peaking smokeless powder, combined with more bolt thrust and an unknown "use history" always makes me cautious before I buy something that I'm going to be putting next to my face with an "explosion" happenig 6" away.

Veinless sausage....love em...

Thomas....did you get the message about you leaving some junk over here? Got to get your addy and I'll send it back.

Well, I'm sure there's more but I haven't "woke" up yet. I see the prince and his other half are taking on the Royal Family with the race card...... :D fools.....the Brits have always put their bloodline before being politically correct. The last thing they want is a "King Jamal"...---006
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well, I'm sure there's more but I haven't "woke" up yet. I see the prince and his other half are taking on the Royal Family with the race card...... :D fools.....the Brits have always put their bloodline before being politically correct. The last thing they want is a "King Jamal"...---006

Well ain't that the truth...that Harry fella married an Obama loving Democrat, no way back from that particular Hell... :roll:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:24 pm Well, I'm sure there's more but I haven't "woke" up yet. I see the prince and his other half are taking on the Royal Family with the race card...... :D fools.....the Brits have always put their bloodline before being politically correct. The last thing they want is a "King Jamal"...---006

Well ain't that the truth...that Harry fella married an Obama loving Democrat, no way back from that particular Hell... :roll:
It's sad. Harry is going to have kids raised up to hate their White counterparts.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Snow is melting today fellers, 56°! Worst part of the melt is now its mud season.
What kind of velocities does the 33 make? I don't have any books that list it. 2500? 2200? Sure bolt thrust is an issue but I. Sure fitting a new locking bolt could straighten out a headspace issue, As long as its not going to be shot a lot should be fine.
Hmm, just had a thought- make .001-.003 shim stock spacers, slide them over the case to the rim and WALAA headspace cured. Be a pita to make, need a punch made to stamp them out.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Between working on the Rose, trying to do paperwork for my Mom's estate, and wondering when my needed parts are going to be made, orders shipped, and can I get the truck inspected and will it pass... I've been reloading for the two big matches I plan on attending this year!

Got the practice ammo done!
DSCN1360[1].JPG
And loaded 50 rounds of what might be the match ammo... 160 gr pill, over ¾'s a case of APP FFFg in Starline's Cowboy45 Special with WLP primers... actually, I loaded 5 lots of ten and changed the charge by 1/5 a grain each. If I get my morning errands done in time, the rain holds off, I'll make a quick trip to the range and put them on paper @ 50 yards out of my 17" Marlin 1894.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yup I'm sure that 33 is probably just fine. Like I said if it were me I'd get headspace gauges and go from there!

No offense to our Brit Brothers but I could care less about the royalty! They are no different than our worthless congress as to corruption,lies, stealing.

So I heard yesterday that here if you have gotten the chicom vaccine you can now go visit friends( provided they had the shots too), no longer need to wear a mask, allowed to go out to eat. Now, the only people around here getting the shots are if you are over 65 or those with health problems. Again, those still in the workforce don't get the vaccine, still have to wear a mask but can go to restaurants- where does that logic come from? I still say the 2 shot vaccine is the liberal mind control first dose and the second is the vaccine. Doc, your thoughts? :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Quote.
No offense to our Brit Brothers but I could care less about the royalty! They are no different than our worthless congress as to corruption,lies, stealing.

No worries Gunny I take about as much interest in their lives as they do in mine...plus any guy who gives up shooting just because his wife don't like it ain't worth my time. The Queen is old school and served in WW2 so I respect her but most of the others are just a waste of space.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:08 pm Quote.

No worries Gunny I take about as much interest in their lives as they do in mine...plus any guy who gives up shooting just because his wife don't like it ain't worth my time. The Queen is old school and served in WW2 so I respect her but most of the others are just a waste of space.
My sentiments exactly.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow! Mid 40s here today. It feels like freakin summer! Out with a t-shirt on.
I hate this time of year. You go out and it's nice, so you want to do something, but can't. Your either in snow to your waist, or mud to your knee. We get about a 3 week window between the ground thawing out and drying up before the black flies hit. In that time, I have to cut a bunch of wood at the lot, do some shooting, get the sled put up, get the Jeep back out, yard work done........
Oh! And pray.....pray that the fiddleheads come up before the black flies hit in full force. :D
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

William's half-brother Harry is a fool. He married an even bigger fool. Let them live off of her money.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Pit bulls instead of Corgis.
D. Brian Casady
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

In her day the Queen would say, bring it on Homeboy....
a9oF8_BBBW2jmL0ySdcJafwmYLxJjubsXADdHuNW9eQ.png