Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairman of the.......bored

Post by Sixgun »

Dang! That Bird Man stole page 3 from me......I'm going to call him "The Birdman of Leverguns".
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The Birdman swooped right in on that. ;-) He should win a Rossi
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

See i KNEW Ben used to carry a Remington!

Was listening to sirius comedy channel on the way home, that Larry the Cable guy is a hoot! Said something to the effect- eating at Dennys made him pelosi in colors Sherwin Williams never heard of ! Almost drove off the road!

So is the Jaybird calling buffalope Jay a clepto? But is it Jay or is the coat possessed? Bet that buff coat is nice fer snowmobiling!?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:17 pm The Birdman swooped right in on that. ;-) He should win a Rossi

Let the Birdman clarify.....good ole Six told me the words "Rossi", "Uberti", or Taurus are verboten in his presence. He says to use the word, JUNK in place of those words. :D That Six is somethin'.. he says the scrap yards in his area give more money per pound of saw dust than they do Rossi's.

Birdman of Leverguns
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Birdman! Ya done well.....come on over and take that 1,000 pounds of wheelweight ingots that some other guy is supposed to get.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Check the 44 special post...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Whoa !!! Stop the bus. What does the Birdman know ... does he have even have a Rossi?

Ask the man who owns one or two.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I like Rossi's ....changed my tune....just read an article on how their quality control and customer satisfaction is near 99%. Past customers can trade their in for a full refund but only if they buy a new one.......OK, I'll agree to that but they could have saved a lot of trouble if they had q.c.from the git go.

They even introduced some new calibers like the .327 Federal and 32-20 is on the burner......

I still won't buy one.
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The mention of a .32/20 got my attention...... :o ....….... I had a .357 stainless Rossi and apart from the forearm wood not matching the stock I never had a problem.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

25/20? Ahh I didn't think so. If you ask me it would be nice if Winchester,Henry, Rossi and Marlin would do runs of the small -20 cartridges, help to keep the brass manufacturers making Ammo too. Although I have 218, 25/20 I DONT have a 32-20...
Yeah sure the 327 takes the place of the 32-20 but it's not the same critter.

Waiting for pics from Jay...? You're not holding out on us are you?

Snow is melting some here, still a lot on the ground though!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy smokes! I take a day off and now Six likes Rossi's. :shock:
What planet is this?

We only rode a 100 miles yesterday. Had a blast with my old buddy but it was rough. I couldn't believe they hadn't groomed.
We hauled to The Forks. Then we rode to Rockwood on the southwest corner of Moosehead. We rode across to Kineo Mt. I thought of you guys cause I was going to take a picture of the sheer rock face that overlooks the lake, but it was really windy on the lake and I didn't want to make my buddy stop. Sorry guys. There is a sketchy trail to the top we tried. I got stuck twice. My buddy got stuck once, which made me feel better cause my bud has a 2020 Arctic Cat 800 with a 146" paddle track with studs. My 20 year old 600 has a 134 with maybe 3/4" lugs and no studs.
We quit short of the summit because there was a stupid steep climb with rocks sticking out......nope. I snapped a pic where we turned around in the trees. Sucks cause there is a 360 degree view and an old fire tower you can get in.
We then rode from Rockwood, west, across towards Jackman. I snapped a pic at a turnout overlooking Brassua lake. Snapped another of my bud getting wood for our lunch fire. Snow was waist deep in the woods. Not a whole lot for this country. This was down a logging road that turned off the trail. Had to be careful where you went so as not to get stuck. Lots of moose sign here. After lunch, we continued until we hit ITS87 south of Jackman and swung south towards The Forks. We saw some guys at the intersection and asked about the trails to Coburn Mt and Grand Falls. They said it was rough so we cut back to The Forks on 87.
This was the best trail all day, and we ran at 70mph in places. I tried my buddies Cat. That thing rips! It easily lifts the skis when you jam the throttle at 50mph. It's so much more comfortable for me too. Newer sleds sit you more forward and upright, like on a dirt bike. It makes it easier to move around and stand up. It handles great.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay....looks like nice territory....I like your buddy's sled.......love those flashy colors....next time you see him ask him if I can have it.
Only 100 miles? Longest ride I ever did was over to my dads house 5 miles away with a bottle of Old Granddad stuck in my sled suit and a 12 pack in the back....of course there's wasn't much left when I got home.

Your lucky to have so much area to drive your machines.....used to be like that here, plus in the old days the snow plows left a couple of inches of snow on da road. Your living large bro...you don't realize how nice something is until you lose it.....

Jay......do you think you can stop over Gunny's for an afternoon? Just drive your truck down but don't forget dat big coat, (you know which one). After you get him drunk on cheap Irish whiskey ask him to look at that little single Six in 44 Spl...and steal it wit yo big furry coat.

Gamekeeper is coming over this summer and I want to give him a takehome gift.

(All of you.....THINK!) I want to see how smart and perspective you are.-----------006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I gotta be honest bro. I love ol' gamekeeper, but if I manage to get away with that 44 without getting shot by old Gunny, I'm keeping that puppy.
We can give GK the 66 that he had in the picture. And that's still a sacrifice. You seen the prices on pre lock Smith's lately? :shock:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh! Yeah, it's nice here. I can't get over the guys who drive all the way up here to ride. They live where it doesn't snow, pay 25k for a couple sleds, buy a 10k trailer hitched to a 70k truck, then pay for lodging, food, fuel......... :shock:
And there is a steady stream of them going through town all winter.
They must have a lot of money down there.

I live here, have a 20 year old sled, cook hot dogs on a fire in the woods, and only buy a few gallons of gas.
If the trails are rough, oh well. I can go home and try again next week.
I know I'm lucky. Our way of life is disappearing fast buddy.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ribs, some with rub, some with sauce.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Piller, the Ski-doo Alpine had 1 ski up front plus reverse. It was a tractor with a track. Also Check out the Raider was a twin track snowmobile.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Never been on a Snowmobile. Most places I have lived there was no way to use one. They look to be a lot of fun.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

3leg is correct. The Alpine was made for years. When I was kid, they used these a lot to drag trails, especially the narrower trails that were common back then. Usually with homemade drags.
I've ridden in the old Raiders! You sat down inside them in a cockpit style compartment. The engine was in the back, over narrow tracks on each side. Not much of a ride, or much fun in deep powder.
There also was a rig called a Manta, later in the 80s that was much like the Raider.
The Ski Doo Elite, was along the same lines, and allowed two people to sit side by side.
None of these things lasted long, except the Alpine. Most grooming today is done with basically Sno Cats like at ski areas. They have big hydraulic purpose built groomers they tow.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OldWin wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:02 amHoly smokes! I take a day off and now Six likes Rossi's. :shock:
What planet is this?
Hard to believe, he likes Rossis better than I like Pyrodex... He won't buy one, I won't buy Pyrodex either... but if someone gave him a Rossi, he might keep it, sell it or give it away... whereas I won't do any of things with Pyrodex!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:28 pm
OldWin wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:02 amHoly smokes! I take a day off and now Six likes Rossi's. :shock:
What planet is this?
Hard to believe, he likes Rossis better than I like Pyrodex... He won't buy one, I won't buy Pyrodex either... but if someone gave him a Rossi, he might keep it, sell it or give it away... whereas I won't do any of things with Pyrodex!
Was it performance, or tradition?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Umm i won't be home that day( when Jay's coat shows up) :lol:
Tell ya what Six, YOU BUY me a lathe and a rotary head mill and ill make ya one of your own. What am I saying- Jay has all the machines we need at work!! Now that he is on night shifts we could get lots of stuff done !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:53 pm Umm i won't be home that day( when Jay's coat shows up) :lol:
Tell ya what Six, YOU BUY me a lathe and a rotary head mill and ill make ya one of your own. What am I saying- Jay has all the machines we need at work!! Now that he is on night shifts we could get lots of stuff done !!
Now that would be fun! Finally making something worthwhile at work!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ah yes lunch ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hot dog & fried egg- thats a new one on me.

Yeah Jay all we need is someone that can write the programs! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:59 pm Hot dog & fried egg- thats a new one on me.

Trust me, we ain't got that at work either.
We can always hit the tool room. There's Bridgeports, and we may scare up an indexing head. Between the two of us and a calculator I bet we could make something that works! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

OldWin wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:23 pm
GunnyMack wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:59 pm Hot dog & fried egg- thats a new one on me.

We can always hit the tool room. There's Bridgeports, and we may scare up an indexing head. Between the two of us and a calculator I bet we could make something that works! :D
Yeah, a sixshooter that goes off all at once in 6 directions at once!! :lol: :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:53 pm
OldWin wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:23 pm

Yeah, a sixshooter that goes off all at once in 6 directions at once!! :lol: :lol:
Oh, come on man! We're better than that! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sure we are but what fun is it with out the what-ifs ?
When I did my special Gallagher had made about 4 other cylinders, maybe more, anyhow we were still in the experimental stage and a fairly steep learning curve.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK, OK, I'm back..........got to the hardware store and stopped at Jimmy John's for eats....came home and I see you guys didn't have much to do today.....

Ski Doo was my first sled.....antique from the sixties...sat real high and maybe did 40...

44 Spl. Single Six? You need a 32 Mag to start it with, right?....I only have one and I don't want to Pelosi it up but now that I know dat, I'll get the next one I see but beings I won't go to any gunshows or gunshops until this mess is over with it'll be on da back burner. Thank you my friend.

Fred.....not so sure on that hot dog/sausage ting on da plate....vein free?

I want to give you guys a hint......early last year ago I sent away for 4 flashlights that equal or do better than $200 Surefires......They have since sent me FOUR more and today they sent me 2 large ones with these huge batteries that you plug into an IPad charger......FREE! NOTHING has been removed from our account.......the only downside of the 8 regular ones they sent me is a rechargeable ABC will burn out the LED. PM for the trick for free stuff....but I have to change my settings first.....

These new ones are greeeeeeaaaaaatttttt as Tony da Tiger would say.

I'm just starting to warm up our new thread....same rules...same repertoire.....

OK, you turn on the news and and the news says Donald Trump is changing parties to the democrat....are you going to believe that? Rossi's are J.U.N.K. and always will be.......I have yet to hear of customer service problems coming from Henry Arms.....I can't believe anyone thought I was serious on that. ...(read a few posts up) :D

Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Blaine wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:40 pm
What planet is this?
Performance. It's the dirtiest, foulest, nastiest stuff ever created. IMO, it is far more corrosive than any other sub, and worse than even the worst BP. I've had my muzzle loader break out in rust 3 or 4 times after cleaning. I used it a couple of times in my Sharps and the same thing happened. I'd clean, oil, put it away, and the next day the bore would be covered in flash rust... clean it again, oil, and the same thing. I know I'm not alone in that experience. I was told once that it forms some type of sulphuric like acid and couldn't really be cleaned by normal methods. Unlike Six's opinion of the Rossi, I believe that Pyrodex is a clear and present menace to any firearm with an owner foolish enough to use it. While Pyrodex can propel a bullet or round ball, it does more damage to said firearm than said projectile on its target. Whereas a Rossi needs some massaging to become a good firearm, even very excellent after a treatment by a skilled and careful worker, Pyrodex has no redeeming values. And that kind Sir, is my sugar coated version.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have Pyrodex. I ran almost boiling hot water down the barrel 3 separate clean water batches each time I used it. Then coated it with Bore Butter brand grease and no problems. Kind of a PITA to clean it. I have only bought the one pound of it. American Pioneer Powder is cleaner and no real rusting for me. Doesn't seem to have the velocity, but it works without being such a pain to clean. My front stuffer is an inline, and I want to try Blackhorn in it sometime.
D. Brian Casady
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:17 pm
Blaine wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:40 pm
What planet is this?
Performance. It's the dirtiest, foulest, nastiest stuff ever created. IMO, it is far more corrosive than any other sub, and worse than even the worst BP. I've had my muzzle loader break out in rust 3 or 4 times after cleaning. I used it a couple of times in my Sharps and the same thing happened. I'd clean, oil, put it away, and the next day the bore would be covered in flash rust... clean it again, oil, and the same thing. I know I'm not alone in that experience. I was told once that it forms some type of sulphuric like acid and couldn't really be cleaned by normal methods. Unlike Six's opinion of the Rossi, I believe that Pyrodex is a clear and present menace to any firearm with an owner foolish enough to use it. While Pyrodex can propel a bullet or round ball, it does more damage to said firearm than said projectile on its target. Whereas a Rossi needs some massaging to become a good firearm, even very excellent after a treatment by a skilled and careful worker, Pyrodex has no redeeming values. And that kind Sir, is my sugar coated version.
Wow....And Pyrodex was marketed as the opposite of reality.....I'll keep that in mind if/when I start to shoot the stuff again. I wonder if the 777 is just as bad as the Pyrodex?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

For a while around here you couldn't get BP. Pyrodex was the only option until the 777 hit the streets and BP became more available. I switched over to 777 pellets if for no other reason than ease of reloading. Anyhow as Griff says wrecked the bore of my muzzle loader. What's worse is I got a Fox Ridge custom 1:48 barrel for my encore, now I don't know where the 1:28 factory barrel got to...?
Blackhorn and Swiss is better than Goex.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Oil and Pyrodex ??? Never had a problem with Pyrodex but never used a petroleum based protectant. Always used Bore Butter I think.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Because of our stupid gun laws I have to have two more licences to buy BP so when my supply ran out I used pyrodex then switched to 777. I don't own a front stuffer at the moment :oops: but I'm looking ...... all because of Nath and his exploits... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Old Savage wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:49 amOil and Pyrodex ??? Never had a problem with Pyrodex but never used a petroleum based protectant. Always used Bore Butter I think.
I used the wrong term, not petroleum oil, just lubricant, I use bore butter almost exclusively. Now, mind ya, when Iived in CA, it was on the coast, less than 5 miles from the ocean... and while I'm a tad farther than that here in TX, it's still quite humid.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ah, well, you know how the desert is. Headed to Death Valley for the next few days.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Old Savage wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:12 pm Ah, well, you know how the desert is. Headed to Death Valley for the next few days.
Back when I was doing TDY to Ft Irwin, I noticed a fella could get 40 acres for pocket change...
Going into and out of Death Valley is wondrously beautiful.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:02 pm I'm just starting to warm up our new thread....same rules...same repertoire.....

I'm glad we're on the same page there...

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the Politics forum.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Old Savage wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:12 pmAh, well, you know how the desert is. Headed to Death Valley for the next few days.
Maybe you'll recognize this scene... I took it back in 1976 for a photography class in college, during a field trip there. I love that place... too bad it's in....
DSCN1356[1].JPG
That's a 16"x24" print from a 35mm negative. Somewhere around here is another, larger, print of the moon rising over the dunes... (yeah, I got an "A" in that class)! :wink:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Nice Griff! I once sold a sunset photo i had taken. I really enjoyed photography, was given a complete dark room setup for b&w. Can't remember the last time I saw FILM!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Back when cameras were manual instead of electronic everything, people paid more attention to their pictures. To me, it seems that fewer pictures, more cost involved, and no real do-overs, that people were more aware of what they were taking a picture of.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

As JayBird would say, true dat Piller. A buddy documents everything, first on film then video. Was a real pita while fishing as it was inevitable a camera would get doused! We're many times his camera would spend a couple days by the wood stove drying out. Of course that's always when we would catch the biggest fish of the trip!

Sure we all take pics with our phones but these nitwits taking pics of food is just stupid. Then again I don't do socialist media of any sort. No I don't consider Leverguns social media, as most of us are on the same page.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sunset Death Valley, full moon rise Death Valley

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

VFW food :) With some Sam Adams Boston Lager.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Fred.....all that salt and grease makes my mouth water.......I love onion rings........and used to like Sam Adams.

I see you left your two dollar tip for an $80 meal. :D

Well, Fordwannabe should be here momentarily. I'm gonna make him roll around in the snow to shake off those germs he's gonna get at the gunshow.....then I'm gonna let him smell, not touch, the like new 219 Zipper.
Model A Uzi’s
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

O S, how hot were the waitresses? Food looks good too.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey Six, make sure you drop a snowball down his shorts! Why? Because he was supposed to remind me about the Oaks show! I was even going to stowaway for the trip to your place!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Maybe on his way back North, 3legturtle can stop by Sixgun's place and borrow that 219 Zipper and shoot that stupid groundhog who cursed us with that cold weather we recently had.
D. Brian Casady
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Nope, already back in MN! If I'm gonna deal with snow and cold, its here where i got all my toys.