‘Math is Hard...’

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

‘Math is Hard...’

Post by AJMD429 »

...to accept sometimes... :|

On the positive side of things, I realized the other day that I fallen asleep approximately 15,000 times in the presence of my wife, and she has still not killed me in my sleep. That is a good sign. :D

On the other hand, when filling the woodshed this winter and wishing I had started earlier, as usual, it occurred to me that I might not have to fill the woodshed a whole lot more times. If one goes by the average life expectancy of males in the United States right now, I will probably fill the woodshed 20 times or less. :|

If one goes by the life expectancy of males in my family for the past couple generations, I have already filled it about 15 times more then I should have. :?

I took a nice long hike around the area we live in today, of about the same duration that I get to do maybe once a month. A couple hundred more of those hikes is actually all that the mathematical models would predict... :shock:

I guess all of those things are reasons to just take everything one day at a time and enjoy it all as it unfolds....! The time we move to the next chapter is up to God.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: ‘Math is Hard...’

Post by Griff »

Ever since my Birthday last year... I keep finding myself wondering about how it's come to be that I'm less than half a decade from entering the 4th quarter century of my life! And, as a die-hard cowboy action shooter, wondering how many more matches I'll be able to compete in... let me take that back... participate in! I'm not competitive... don't even try. I compete with myself to shoot "clean".

BTW Doc, for those of us that are arithmetically challenged, math ain't "Hard", it's "IMPOSSIBLE"!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Having had my death certificate signed once, it is all on borrowed time for me now.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I don't think about it, much anyway. I'm 66 and my doc says I'm the "youngest" patient he has over 60 years old. Splitting 140 cords of wood by hand and many other physical chores must has kept me in shape. I can still climb trees to the top and dig ditches many feet long in the sun. My back is solid and can throw a 100 lb bag of feed on my shoulder, though not as easy as I used to..Good genes run in the family.

My goal at around 50 years of age was to live long enough to pee on 5 different graves and I have two left.....and both of those guys are in bad health.------006
Model A Uzi’s
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

one day at a time sweet Jesus .. .

math is impossible, i like that.

my problem is, arithmetic is also a problem

one day we will leave this world, and i am looking forward to that

one day at a time
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

8) On the bright side, I'll never need another truck, motorcycle, or Camper....Only 20 more fills of the propane tank till I'm 80 :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:22 amMy goal at around 50 years of age was to live long enough to pee on 5 different graves and I have two left.....and both of those guys are in bad health.------006
I like that goal for motivation...

Now I just gotta make me a list; sad part is a few friends have passed whose graves I never wanted to see filled.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Interesting thread. Health wise, I've been luckier than many. At age 32, I had a brain tumor the size of a medium potato removed and survived that 35 more years so far. Last year had open heart surgery and have mostly recovered well.
Yep, I ponder similar things about how many more winters I'll be plowing my farm open, how many more years I can handle my chainsaws making wood, how many more years my wife and I are able to climb into (and out of) our truck camper.
I really enjoy simple things like a good cup of coffee, campfires, pleasing skies of various colors & patterns, and so on.
Sixgun........you do have good genetics.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

TraderVic wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:40 am Interesting thread. Health wise, I've been luckier than many. At age 32, I had a brain tumor the size of a medium potato removed and survived that 35 more years so far. Last year had open heart surgery and have mostly recovered well.
Yep, I ponder similar things about how many more winters I'll be plowing my farm open, how many more years I can handle my chainsaws making wood, how many more years my wife and I are able to climb into (and out of) our truck camper.
I really enjoy simple things like a good cup of coffee, campfires, pleasing skies of various colors & patterns, and so on.
Sixgun........you do have good genetics.
Yea...you know somethin?.... what you wrote struck a cord...as to living simple.......I've always liked a simple life but now I really like it simple.......I'm pretty much happy with a nice cup of coffee in the morning (noontime since I retired) and playing with the dogs and cats....going outside to do some yard work and then a simple outside cookout with mom..(weather permitting) :D I miss our horses a lot but they were here for over 40 years and had enough of em....they drain your money...

Although I was financially capable of buying a little cabin upstate I never wanted to.....to me it was just another headache to think of and even if I did all I would do up there is pre dig graves for the MF'ers in life that have done me wrong.

Everyone has enemies and they would be there burning it down or setting traps of some sort.....here at home, at the compound, I don't have to think...I just shoot and everyone knows it.....poor UPS guy made a mistake of opening our storm door in a violent manner and he was looking down the barrel of an M-4.

People are a strange sort...if they think your doing better than them they will smile in your face and stab you in the back at the same time. That's another thing age brings with you.....less and less people...just the way I like it. My wife, kids, and two good friends is all I deal with anymore...and of course there's plenty of other good friends but we don't live close enough to be real friends...like that Fordwannabe guy who's been pestering me for my lead....everytime he comes over he wants to fondle my 219 Zipper. :D
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My dad passed away at 67 my brother passed away at 66 I'm 72 and I shoot at anyone who looks like the grim reaper..... :?
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
fatboy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by fatboy »

Summer of 1970 my late wife and I were so sick with flu like symptoms we could not care for each other. I summoned enuff strength to get her to Madigan Army Hospital while I visited the clinic on North Fort; young Army Doc there looked at me and prognosticated I'd never live to see 30! Well, 1st Lt. levied for Vietnam, hard smoker and drinker his was probably a reasonable guess. But I did turn 75 a month back, I have however moderated my drinking and quit smoking years ago.
Bob
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Considering that my genetic testing by a Doctor who has a Masters Degree in Genetic Medicine triggered a visit from the CDC because they are still trying to figure out how me and the other 35 known with my genetic abnormalities can live, and having a death certificate signed almost 2 years ago, I sort of feel like I am stomping on the odds with hobnail boots. Waking up after no pulse and no respiration for 2 hours with a body temperature of 68 degrees was an experience I do not want to repeat.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost