Marlin website updated

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Marlin website updated

Post by wecsoger »

Go there, you can download a .pdf of their catalog.

As I posted earlier, I thought they would start off with what the marketing geese thought would sell.

Per the catalog, appears to be so.

What is interesting, scroll to the end of the catalog .pdf, this is what you'll find. Pls note the Madison NC address.

MARLIN FIREARMS
P.O. Box 1871 | Madison, NC 27025-1871 | Phone: 800-544-8892 | Fax: 336-548-7801 | www.marlinfirearms.com
P R O U D L Y M A D E I N T H E U S A B Y A M E R I C A N W O R K E R S
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Marlin website updated

Post by CowboyTutt »

Seems like a pretty extensive catalog? I bet Henry is getting a bit nervous. :D -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yeah it actually looks like they have quite a few models. I was interested to see that the 45 Colt leverguns are also listed at a 1:38 twist now (not just the 44 Mags) and I didn’t realize the 444 marlin had a 1:10 twist...!

I got it admit I’d like to see them get into the hyphenated old cartridges, Although that would just be another bunch of things that I don’t need that I’d wanna buy.... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

wonder why the "Dark Series" 94's have a slightly longer L O P.?
Rumble.com/ hickock45
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

AJMD429 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:55 pm Yeah it actually looks like they have quite a few models. I was interested to see that the 45 Colt leverguns are also listed at a 1:38 twist now (not just the 44 Mags) and I didn’t realize the 444 marlin had a 1:10 twist...!

I got it admit I’d like to see them get into the hyphenated old cartridges, Although that would just be another bunch of things that I don’t need that I’d wanna buy.... :D
I missed that! 1 in 38? No way for me!!! 444 Marlin, maybe! -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Showing the rifles in a catalogue is one thing; seeing them on dealers' shelves is another....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I sure hope they can pull it off and build a top quality Gun. If they don't they wont have a prayer competing with Henry and their Excellent customer service. I have six JM Marlins but have wanted a 30-30 XLR for years. It is a good looking website. :D .
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The model 1894 Dark in .44 Mag is a 1:10 twist. The model 1894 in .44 Mag is 1:38 twist. What is the point? A 1:38 twist is not going to be very useful for heavy bullets.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Much more variety than I expected. The specs in the catalog need work. There are a lot of models showing identical lengths despite having different barrel lengths. Some weights seems illogical too. So who knows what is accurate. Might be time to start shopping for a short 357 though
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

One of the ones with a 1:10 twist?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

My JM 44 1894 shoots 300 grain XTP and Castcores just fine at 100
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

I would like to see a 1894 in 44-40!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

A 1:38" twist is what Marlin used for decades in larger pistol caliber barrels for the 1894. Their .44-40 and .45 Colt Model 1894's shoot extremely well with this twist rate. So not sure why they'd change now simply because the company changed hands?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

piller wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:18 am The model 1894 Dark in .44 Mag is a 1:10 twist. The model 1894 in .44 Mag is 1:38 twist. What is the point? A 1:38 twist is not going to be very useful for heavy bullets.
I have no idea why they even offer a twist rate of 1:10" twist? The cartridge OAL with a heavy bullet for a twist that fast wont even cycled through the 1894 action, so why offer it? That's a pistol twist rate, not a rifle.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I'm just happy that Marlin did not die out completely. I'm hopeful that we see new Marlins soon.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Can't wait to see some in person. I'll be all over that 1895 Dark, and a few others. I hope they expand the XLR series, I really wanted one of the .338 MEs
:D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Did any of you notice it's the old 2020 catalog? All Ruger did was put it up on their web site.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

I noticed the same thing....that’s an old catalog I think. They updated the address but otherwise I bet that isn’t a current catalog.
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Bridger wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:38 pm I noticed the same thing....that’s an old catalog I think. They updated the address but otherwise I bet that isn’t a current catalog.
No, I went direct to Marlin's site, not through Ruger's site.
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

The catalog on the Marlin web site talks about “new for 2020.” I think Ruger just changed the address on the last page of the old Remington catalog. It may show what they want to offer, or it may be there just to keep people thinking about Marlin. To quote their press release from December: "We look forward to re-introducing Marlin rifles in the latter half of 2021."

Regarding twist rates, Ruger uses 1:20 in their own 44 Mag carbine, the 77/44. For the 1894, it will be interesting to see if they switch to that or keep what Marlin was using.

Will they be hammer forging their barrels? Will they use more castings eventually? Will they drop the Marlin 22 autoloader? Time will tell. Remington spent a lot of time and money converting Marlin production to newer manufacturing ways. I wonder how much of that change Ruger will use. I do hope they remove those ridiculous, etched QR codes from the lever actions!
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Ruger has announced Marlin won't be in production until late this year and are "reviewing the product designs, and determining the best manufacturing process for each component part." I for one hope they notice the shape of the trigger guard on the Remlin 1894 is all wrong.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

The delay will be worth it if Ruger produces better Marlins. Still wondering where the price points will be.