Some Rare Snow South Of Tacoma In Elk Plain

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Some Rare Snow South Of Tacoma In Elk Plain

Post by Blaine »

It was nearly half a trombone deep. (Yes, this is real, and my front yard :lol: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Some Rare Snow South Of Tacoma In Elk Plain

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Blaine, we are getting some of your Pacific moisture from the west, and it is meeting Arctic air pouring in from Texas over this part of New Mexico. The snow has already started here, and we are looking for a low tonight of about 12, with wind chill to zero. I remember a few snow events like yours in the years we lived in Tacoma in the 1960s. Lots of fun for the kids! Hope you don't have to drive in it.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

You guy's on the Pacific coast got it easy with the warmer air pushing inland. The east coast has the Atlantic cold that can be extremely brutal at times. Sometimes I say to myself I'm on the wrong side of the country! Not to mention that bigfoot now has a hunting season! How would you like to see a bigfoot tied to a station wagon roof on the expressway!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Have about 14" at our house, and winds were extremely high. Winds have died down now, but still dropping little puff balls of snow overnight, and this morning. Supposed to get hit with more freezing rain tonight, and then begin to warm up next week to mid 40's.
I kinda like this mini blizzard we had, and was hoping we'd get some snow this winter. It sure wasn't looking like we would before this happened, as we were having a tough time even getting below freezing at night before this hit.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Hope you don't have to drive in it
Bill, this is kid stuff for those of us raised in the MidWest.
"They" aren't very good a keeping streets clear around, but this is why I have 4WD trucks and don't drive like some east coast idiot. :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

About an inch of accumulation here on the South side of the Dallas. Our pellet stove is working great. We have the dogs inside. They are mostly lazing about. If they get too rambunctious, they will get put outside for a few minutes.

Somewhere in all of her things, PillHer has a picture of me in front of my Parents house in Liberal, KS holding our daughter up on the snow. Her knees are at my nose level in the picture. That storm dumped 60 inches of snow. From nothing to 60 inches in one storm that lasted 4 days.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

piller wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:14 pm About an inch of accumulation here on the South side of the Dallas. Our pellet stove is working great. We have the dogs inside. They are mostly lazing about. If they get too rambunctious, they will get put outside for a few minutes.

Somewhere in all of her things, PillHer has a picture of me in front of my Parents house in Liberal, KS holding our daughter up on the snow. Her knees are at my nose level in the picture. That storm dumped 60 inches of snow. From nothing to 60 inches in one storm that lasted 4 days.
1978? I was stationed in South Korea that year, but heard all the stories...WOW :o

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

We don`t have much snow here this year about 6 inches or so which is unusual but very cold -35 on the thermometer this morn.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Blaine wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:34 pm
piller wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:14 pm About an inch of accumulation here on the South side of the Dallas. Our pellet stove is working great. We have the dogs inside. They are mostly lazing about. If they get too rambunctious, they will get put outside for a few minutes.

1978? I was stationed in South Korea that year, but heard all the stories...WOW :o
1992 or 1993. I had never seen so much snow in a flat blanket. Liberal, KS averages fewer than 7 days per year where the wind gets below 15 mph. Think Chicago is windy??? It ranks at 25th windiest. Dodge City, Liberal, and on down through Amarillo, TX is the windiest part of the entire U.S. Wind like that is as shocking to most visitors as is the cold in Minnesota.
D. Brian Casady
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

No sweat Blaine, you are only up to 2nd position.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

When it gets icy out, a musician must C-sharp or B-flat.
D. Brian Casady
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

we got some, a little bit . . ,
20210214_080103.jpg
20210214_100215.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

space.needle.a.jpg
space.needle.b.jpg
spaceneedle.c.jpg