Covid19 ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Covid19 ?

Post by Pitchy »

Yesterday afternoon i got the chills then got worse i`ve never been so cold, had 6 blankets on me in bed.
That went on for about three hours then i got warm, had sharp pains here and there, feel better this morning with a temp of 99.6
Covid or the flue?

Speaking of cold the actual temp outside is -30 F. :roll:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Covid19 ?

Post by 2ndovc »

Get on the phone to the Doc's Lenn! When I had it, they walked me through the whole thing and had me check in every day. I got through it with some Tylenol and Albuterol inhaler that the Doc's gave me for the cough that was really bad at times. Worst case of the chills I've ever had, four layers, three dogs and a heated mattress pad to finally get warm. Don't wait, my friends that work in the ERs here say that the people that put off treatment don't so well.

Get well soon!

Jason
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

sorry to hear!
just received a text from my cousin down in S.C. that her and her sister now have the covid. So far they just have headache, aches and pain, and blisters on their tongue. Just hope it's just all that they get, not any worse off.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Yikes !! I sure hope it's just some kind of the flu...Hope You feel better soon.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Pitchy wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:12 am Yesterday afternoon i got the chills then got worse i`ve never been so cold, had 6 blankets on me in bed.
That went on for about three hours then i got warm, had sharp pains here and there, feel better this morning with a temp of 99.6
Covid or the flue?

Speaking of cold the actual temp outside is -30 F. :roll:
Doc posted this before but I’ll post it again:
https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-cont ... -11-22.pdf

I know many who have used the Duravet 1.87% apple flavored gel at the same dose on the label by weight.

If you think you might have it DO NOT WAIT to get treated or treat yourself.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Best to get tested. This Covid has killed some close friends and aquaintances. It is nothing to mess with. But I think it presents in different ways so you cannot always tell by the symptoms.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks guys, i`ll wait till tomorrow and see how i feel, temp is down to normal.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Pitchy wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:07 am Thanks guys, i`ll wait till tomorrow and see how i feel, temp is down to normal.
Lenn do not wait until tomorrow. Make the call now. Not worth taking a chance.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Lenn, I agree with the advice here. One of the sinister aspects of this virus is that you might feel better -- almost normal -- and not realize your blood oxygen saturation level has quietly dropped to a dangerous level. Please don't take the chance of ending up in ICU on a ventilator my friend. We need you to keep us sane. 8)
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks, i don`t have a doctor and all the clinics are closed today plus my medicare was cancelled the other day long story.
Isn`t a VA place to go that would treat it for a 100 miles so i`ll wait till tomorrow and if worse go to the ER or call them and they may not take me either.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I’d get on the I-MASK+ protocol Tyler posted a link to above.

I lost a friend to Covid he was only 65 and he was doing fine but around the seventh or eighth day crashed like people do. It seems that the best way to avoid that crash is to be on the right medications for the week prior to that. Many people don’t feel bad during that week so they don’t do anything; that is dangerous.

Lots of people are using the feed store ivermectin. The problem with the apple flavored paste is it’s hard to dose accurately for under 500 pounds or so, although I’m not convinced that doses have to be that exact. It’s probably more accurate to use the injectable form but instead of injecting it take it orally. I’m doing that myself because I donated my ‘human’ pills to a patient whose pharmacy was out of stock, so I swallow about 1.9 cc of the 1% injection weekly - that works out to 19 mg at 1% (1cc is around 1,000 mg so 1% is about 10 mg/cc). About 1 mg per 10 lbs is typical human dose (after converting from kilograms :roll: ).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That injectable liquid tastes horrible, but it seemed to help me. I couldn't taste coffee, but I could taste that. Yuck!

The magnesium lozenges are not too bad other than the dry mouth.

Lenn, start in on the treatment for CoVid right away. The breathing issues I am still stuck with are no fun. Walking 100 yards makes me out of breath.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Walking a 100 yards already make me out of breath Brian :lol:
Doc Norma and i are having a hard time figuring out all those measurements heck i`d prob overdose.
Question how long can it be from exposure to symptoms, i haven`t been off the property since last summer , Norma went to the store yesterday but always wears a mask our son hasn`t been over for a week.
So if i have it they would have it also?
Also would it be risky to take the horse medicine if ya only have the flu?
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Exposure could have come from the stuff from the store. It took me less than 48 hours from PillHer coming home with a fever to having a fever, aches, and starting to lose my sense of taste. PillHer just used her Swiss Stubbornness and refused to be sick. I swear I heard the virus particles running from her screaming yipe yipe yipe like an injured dog. She was over it in 24 hours. It took me almost 2 weeks.
D. Brian Casady
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Pitchy, there are doctors on web sites who will interview you and prescribe meds and send to pharmacy of your choice. This info is in the links. I'm posting this now so you can see it, and then I'm finding the link to online doctors, and then back here.

PrayersUP for you Mr. For all health and healing and comfort from the Comforter and Grace and Mercy Right Now in Jesus' Name . . .

https://budesonideworks.com/providers/

https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.co ... edication/

here you go Brother

"don't wait" is good good advice.... there r drugs available that will do what a vaccine cannot do.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks Grizz. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sorry to hear you are sick Lenn, I hope it ain't the Chinese virus. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Same thing happened to me on Christmas Eve and Day....got tested....negative
Turned out to be some ones cooking....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Like Doc said the seventh and eighth day can get you. It did me and I was on meds the first week. If you can find someplace that treat with the anti body treatment I'd get it. I've known folks that got it and did very well if you can get it early. Check oxygen levels often with a pulse-ox do dad that pharmacies sell.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I wasn’t able to enter the p.m. because messaging was blocked...

Here’s what I responded.

... That has approximately 10 mg per cc and for people you use about 1 mg for every 10 pounds, so a 200 pound person would get 20 mg, which is about 2 cc. 175 lb 1.75 cc 260 lb 2.6 cc, and so-on.

I can see no reason to inject it since it is absorbed orally really quite well. Injection is reserved for animals who aren’t going to cooperate, or if the animal is really big and might kill you when you stick a needle in it it use the apple flavored stuff for big horses so they want to eat it. We just draw out the stuff using sterile technique with an alcohol swab of the cap and using a fairly large needle so it comes out easily like it 21 Gauge or so. Once we get the dose drawn out right in the syringe, we pull it out remove the needle and just squirt the dose in our mouth. Then drink a little sip of water or something to wash it down.

Since you only give it once a week I suppose you could use a lower dose at first to just see if you get any trouble from it and then catch that dose up the next day. It doesn’t really seem to bother people with any side effects I’ve seen so far. If you take any supplements or prescription medications there are online websites and programs you can look up drug interactions on. It doesn’t seem to interact with much of anything either.

See that website www.flccc.net and there are lots of articles describing its use....
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

HEY DOC !!

what is "it" ???
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

Lenn, take care of yourself! We just lost an old friend, funeral today, who died from it. LTC Tommie Preston James, USA Ret. 2 DFCs, 2 Silver stars, 4 Bronze stars. Been too darn many good folks lost.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks fellers and the prayers, i feel sick again this morn but no temp .
Thanks Doc i`ll take some ivermectin today and hope it helps, kind of makes me nervous taking something like that but sounds like it`s better safe than sorry.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

i have seen a number of testimonies from sources that sound believable

the "media" are constantly and continuously lying about every effective drug

heal fast
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Grizz wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:04 am HEY DOC !!

what is "it" ???
Ivermectin

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I took ivermectin when I had CoVid. YUCK! :|
I also drank 4 ounces of tonic water twice a day, took vitamin D3, and zinc twice a day. Even when I could not taste coffee, I could taste the ivermectin. Wash it down with something like diet Coke or chocolate syrup with pickle juice to get the taste out of your mouth. Mustard and juice from coctail olives mixed might be strong enough to overpower the ivermectin taste. Or, you could just suck on a dirty sock.
Still, it seemed to help. Being a type 1.5 diabetic with a dead pancreas, I have a weaker immune system than many people. Without taking all that I did, I would have been at serious risk for hospitalization. Just do not expect the unflavored injectable ivermectin to be "not all that bad".
D. Brian Casady
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I'm guessing there is some genetic taste-difference thing with ivermectin - my wife is like piller - says it (we are using the veterinary injectable orally) tastes 'horrible' and has a glass of gingerale handy to wash it down with. To me it tastes like a bland avocado oil with a subtle hint of anise flavor; not at all bad, and no need to 'wash it down' with anything.

Fascinating stuff we keep learning.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Doc, you can be sure that there are genetic differences in what you taste. Remember PTC test paper in High School Biology? About a third of all people can taste it. Then there is urea. About one percent can taste it. Then there are a few more chemical compounds which it is even rarer to taste. It is a genetic thing. I can smell PTC test paper. Makes me shudder. Then there are things like beer, sauerkraut, skunk scent, and kimchi. All are horrible to me. In the Middle Ages I would have been forced to be a food taster as I taste things that 0.01% of the population can taste. It keeps me from getting poisoned by arsenic. It is bitter.
D. Brian Casady
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

piller---you might have something I have read about. Its a genetic variation, a double expression of the gene that controls the sensation of taste of bitterness. Some people can't stand the taste of beer, cauliflower, cilantro and other foods that have a bitter flavor. With the double expression of the gene, things that have a bitter taste are just overwhelmingly bitter.

I am pretty sure I am one of them too. Can't stand the taste of hops, salsa with cilantro, ect.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Sounds about right. Cilantro is disgusting to me.
D. Brian Casady
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Pitchy,
I've had three friends who are married and either husband or wife got covid 19 and the other didn't. So yes, you can get it, and not necessarily have your wife get it also. Considering how easy it is to catch (according to doctors) I'm puzzled as to how two people sleeping in the same bed can't both have it, but it does happen.
I'd get tested, since it's free in every place I know that does it?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

marlinman93 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:49 am Pitchy,
I've had three friends who are married and either husband or wife got covid 19 and the other didn't. So yes, you can get it, and not necessarily have your wife get it also. Considering how easy it is to catch (according to doctors) I'm puzzled as to how two people sleeping in the same bed can't both have it, but it does happen.
I'd get tested, since it's free in every place I know that does it?
Thanks, feeling better today so we`ll see how it goes.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Good to hear that you are feelling better. Stay safe! It got icy here overnight. I am guessing that the weather is bad where you are.
D. Brian Casady
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks Brian, - 30 here this morn and not going to change until middle of next week.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.