Scopin my 1894 Win.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Scopin my 1894 Win.

Post by hondo1892 »

I'm thinking about putting a scope on my old 1894 Winchester. I hate the looks but my eyes aint what they once were. I was going to get a Pearson's no drill rail and scout scope. I was looking at some of Leupold's scout scopes and only seen two different ones. I know a lot of folks like Vortex but I'm trying to stay away from China products. I'm wondering if any of you guys have owned or seen one VX Freedom scout scopes by Leupold? I really don't need a large power scope for it because most of my shots are less than fifty yards.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Scopin my 1894 Win.

Post by AJMD429 »

I like 2-7x Redfield or Leupold scopes on leverguns; red-dots even better...!

But I own guns for hunting and target shooting and plinking snd woods-walking, so I want whatever sights work best; some folks own leverguns for hangin’ on the wall, so mostly care if they look ‘authentic’.

Whatever floats their boat...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I have one Leupold scout scope (variable) and 3 Nikons, 2 variables and one fixed)....all are nice and comparable in brightness and workmanship.....in other words, 6 and one half dozen of the other....

I'd get whatever one you can find as either brand has great warranties, as does Vortex. They are all in the same class of quality and money......just stay away from the $39.99 Walmart specials.

One thing for sure, they will brighten up your day at the gun club as your able to see your target and hits....Im beginning to scope near everything anymore, even the Uzi! Yea, they make a replaceable cover on top that has a rail on it.---6
Model A Uzi’s
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Thanks Six.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

It looks like Leupold stopped making there 2x7 scopes. Here in the east it's perfect for the dense wood's. I've been looking for a gently used one for a while. Someone will bring one in to the Kittery Trading Post eventually. I had the opportunity to buy a lefty Browning T bolt 22 cal. with a Leupold 2x7 that I should have bought just before the china virus hit. It was a Belgian made Browning. The only problem was it was one of there salt gun! Quite a bit of rust where the metal meets the stock! I was afraid when I took of the stock off it would be a nightmare. I should have bought it for the 2x7 scope and shoot the living hell out of it! They wanted $300.00 for it. My understanding is that Browning was curing there wood stocks in some kind of salt brine that really destroyed the steel on there rifles and shotguns! I'm lefty and that was the first old Belgian made T handle in lefty that I've seen. I wanted the scope for a Marlin that I had at the time. Live and learn!