I must be NUTS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
1894c

I must be NUTS

Post by 1894c »

I had not carried a 5-shot snub (a rotary single-stack) as a BUG/EDC for the last several years--maybe 6 or 7 years, didn't even own one (got caught up in the sub-compact 9mm auto vortex). Recently tried the S&W M&P Shield (great choice) but sent it down the road with my Glock 43X (another great choice). I did good $$$-wise when I off-loaded them, the gun market is crazy.

I was really missing the 5-shot snub, usually carried a S&W J-frame air-weight forever. This time I switched it up--I acquired, through my LE distributor, two Ruger LCR's in .357-Magnum. I like the mix of stainless steel and polymer (similar to a Glock), the recoil is less (unless you let loose a magnum), the trigger is amazing, and the front sight is better. I know my capacity is limited, but I don't feel "under-gunned"... ANYBODY ELSE STILL CARRYING A 5-SHOT REVOLVER? ... :)
IMG_1168.JPG
IMG_1169.JPG
RUGER LCR-357.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I must be NUTS

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I carry this every day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Not in LE but most of the time i carry a S&W 642 , its gust so handy for my daily use, shove it in the back pocket & go, carried it so much that a few years ago the rubber grips wore out, replaced them with wood
will see how long they last,shot dozens of rattle snakes a few sick coons & cats & a one ton
very hacked off Angus bull, the bull did not die that day but neither did he want any more
he was a problem bull & after a few more complaints from other neighbors he was shipped for

slaughter :lol:

Brad
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

I carry this 5 shot .45 Colt most days. Especially when hiking with my dogs in the backwoods. I love it even though I have several other "practical" options. Has an.45 ACP cylinder too
20200127_131005.jpg
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

You aren't nuts, if you carry both you are at 10 rounds capacity! If I could I'd carry my G23 or my single six 44 special.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I still have my S&W AirWeight .38spc....I switched off to an LCP not too long after they came out. The laser is pretty handy up close.
I also have a tiny AirLite 8 shot .22.....That was my first EDC, and I never felt like I was missing out. I could empty that little sucker into a torso-size target in under 2 seconds. I fed it with Stingers.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Reminds me of a retired cop friend of mine.
He carried a 5 shot snubbie in the right hip pocket of his jeans - everywhere he went. The butt peeped out just enough for quick drawing if needed.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

The truth is that if you shoot it enough you won’t have trouble if you ever need it. I shoot mine regularly. I generally put a cylinder full through it every week.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've carried a j frame a lot over the years. My wife still does every day.
I had the opportunity to shoot the little Ruger LCR a few years ago and was wildly impressed. The action on my wife's 442 is tuned and the Ruger was still better. It shot great.
You made a good choice IMO.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

If I'm kicking around the wood's I'll carry my Ruger Blackhawk in 44 spl. on my hip. If I'm going into town I'll carry semi auto with a mag or two extra. Usually it's my Sig P228 or my Colt 1911.Once my Colt Lightweight Commander is totally broken in, ill carry that on my hip. I need 100% reliability on my carry firearm. I also need to practice with the ammo that I have in my carry firearm.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

While I often carry a small revolver as a second gun and I have a number of different makes and models on hand I tend to gravitate to my Charter Arms Southpaw.

As a side note several folks have said you don’t need a left handed revolver. Normal revolvers work fine for left handed people. I love to have them shoot the Southpaw. Every one complained of how awkward reloading is.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad