12Ga LEVERGUN

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

12Ga LEVERGUN

Post by Grizz »

https://atlanticfirearms.com/products/b ... 0270699801

anyone know anything about this? it's cheaper than most handguns. I've taken a pump 12 into Canada by truck and boat, i wonder if it can go through Canada?

it needs to have a receiver sight. a way to top off the mag like pumps. take down for travel. lots of unknowns.

Atlantic is out of almost every useful firearm, but is stocked with all kinds of 12Ga. Funny that's what's left.

http://jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_mu ... _again.htm
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 12Ga LEVERGUN

Post by .45colt »

I don't know who makes them , probably in Turkey. some from Turkey can be good and some can be nightmares. the only Turkish Gun I would buy is a Tristar made by Armsan . Tristar has a five year warranty and when You call a real Live Human answers the phone and can answer questions . I have a Viper G2 semi auto and it is worth double what I paid for it. Good Luck.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Wow. I want one. 8)
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Their website says made in Florida. I would like to see one. It has screw in chokes. The possibilities do seem good.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

(Made in Florida?)......I could be wrong but having a gun made in Florida was usually a way of getting around import taxes....the parts would come in from other places and put together in Florida.

I wouldn't spend a dime on something I know nothing about...there's got to be many mossbergs and Remington's for sale out there.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I would say these are definitely from Turkey....rather have an American made pump.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Dave James
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dave James »

I know the lever versions are popular in the down under with the Aussie's, these look really close to the ones they're using, I was told there imported
made in Turkey
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

What's the matter with the '87 Winchester? Or the one made in China?
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

A local cop ordered one, then traded it back into the gunshop the next week. I don't know the details, but there was something about it he didn't like.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

It's Turkish either Adler, pardus or uzkun. Main export market is Aussies due to the pump Action restrictions..
They are not high grade but usually functional. For user opinions search the Aussie forums enoughgun.com and Australian hunting net they got some good guys posting about them.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:44 pm I would say these are definitely from Turkey....rather have an American made pump.
I get that, and I have a mossberg 12 that was a skiff gun in Alaska.

I also have a chicom built fake 870 that has a few issues.
Reliability is not one of them. And it has the BEST OPEN SIGHTS
of any long arm I have, perfect for my eyes. Unbeknownst to
the chicoms. I wonder if the turkish arms have worse fit and finish
than the fake remington?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Some Turkish made shotguns are good, and some are so bad that they wouldn't make good tomato stakes. Not sure why. Quality control must depend on whether the workers are on opium that day or not.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

piller wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:10 pm Some Turkish made shotguns are good, and some are so bad that they wouldn't make good tomato stakes. Not sure why. Quality control must depend on whether the workers are on opium that day or not.
My experience with Turkish made guns has been the same... :(
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Would agree that Turkey shotguns are a little hit and miss, but they also have a history of making some very nice ones. Tri-Star recommendation a good one, Jeff Quinn once had good things to say about them years ago, I nearly bought one. A lot of gun manufacturers are having things made in Turkey now, Turkey has some good CNC shops now and prices very competitive. The levergun shotgun is almost certainly a lever-actuated pump shotgun. Not a bad thing, it doesn't reduce recoil but can feed just about anything in its size and length. I'm working on an old Ithaca 12 gauge pump purchase myself. My Turkish QE 135 30 caliber air springer from Hatsan is very, very nice. I would also tell you that one of the very best airgun tuners in the USA won't work on a lot of Hatsan PCP air guns. Hopefully some of the new ones are better. Probably unrelated, but just shows that Turkish stuff can be hit and miss again as stated. But I confess I have seen the OP's linked video before and have been looking at the levergun one for cheap home defense. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Personally, I am reluctant to put my money into a Islamic country but I will never buy a Turkish shotgun based on the junk I have seen in the repair shop.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Same thoughts I have on anything made in China...
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

i get that. my thought on the chicom shotgun is that it would be good medicine when the shooting hits the propellor.

you have one of the best looking bowies around. :)
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

Id say they are ok overall or Aussies would stick with 1887 copies. When you need that much paperwork to own or move a gun any brands requiring constant warranty action lose popularity fast. I recall reading years ago chiappa's 1887 got rejected for that reason.Turk lever actions seem to be doing okay if youtube reviews are anything to go by.