Pushing Back - we need to quit just being on the defensive...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Pushing Back - we need to quit just being on the defensive...

Post by AJMD429 »

We have 'Sanctuary Cities' all over the nation where officials very vigorously DEFY enforcement of federal immigration laws, and actively thwart the efforts of any Federal Law Enforcement attempting to do so in their jurisdiction. I don't agree with what they are doing, but the tactic IS successful, and while there is no portion of the Bill of Rights or Constitution that recognizes any 'right' of immigrants to bypass the legal process, there clearly IS a portion of the Bill of Rights that recognizes (not 'grants') the fundamental, inalienable, right of citizens to keep and bear arms, with the clear inference that said 'arms' are to be of the type most suitable for 'militia' purposes. 20th Century law added the language that added 'sporting purposes' to the criteria.

So although it should not be necessary to declare any city, county, or state a 'sanctuary' for the Second Amendment, if there are factions at the federal level attempting to subvert the Constitution, I can see no reason a city, county, or state should not push back against such subversion by making it clear (via legislation) that they do indeed recognize the Second Amendment. It would be the same if the federal government were to attempt to ban Baptist Churches, or Korans, or prohibit Jews from using public transportation. Any of those would be unconstitutional, and grounds for a locality to resist such incursion.

At the county level should be easy to start in SOME counties - https://www.courthousenews.com/texas-co ... sanctuary/

But even better if you can get pressure to do it at the STATE level - https://thetexan.news/governor-abbott-s ... sanctuary/

Here are a couple 'model legislation' to try to persuade YOUR legislators to submit or back.

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/87R/b ... navpanes=0

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/87R/b ... navpanes=0

More articles on state legislation:

https://www.wyoleg.gov/Legislation/2010/HB0095

https://www.wyoleg.gov/Legislation/2020/HB0118

https://www.krmsradio.com/second-amendm ... rson-city/

https://trib.com/news/state-and-regiona ... 24cd7.html

Many of these bills are only part-way through the legislative process, but at least serve as examples of what can be initiated.

This is important to act on NOW. Many legislatures only have narrow time-windows to initiate bills, so we need to be on this ASAP...!!!

Some resources:

Find and Contact your legislators: https://gunownersaction.org/legislator-lookup/

(...I recommend writing your OWN letters versus any 'canned' ones from GOA or any other organization; it gets more attention, and 'counts' more on the receiving end. Send an email, a fax, and/or paper letter every week or so; if even 10% of gun owners contacted their legislator once a month, they would be getting a hundred thousand letters each at the federal level - THAT would get their attention, and they WOULD respond...)

Factual articles on 'gun control': https://guncite.com

'Guns and Public Health' - have your physician read Section XIII, and then explain to you why (s)he isn't ACTIVELY opposing 'gun control': https://guncite.com/journals/tennmed.html

( any physician who fails to oppose most ‘gun control’ as we see proposed, is clearly NOT upholding their duty to further the Public Health; only through ignorance would a physician naively support such dangerous and counterproductive things as ‘assault-weapon’ bans, gun registration, or even ‘universal background checks’. Unfortunately, to understand why a seemingly-innocent ‘common-sense’ thing like that is actually dangerous, requires a level of objectivity and true motivation most physicians lack; if you print the Kates article and highlight section XIII, and give it to them, you can correct their naive ignorance. The rest depends on whether they are more interested in actually promoting safe streets and a stable society, or merely virtue-signaling to their peers. )

P.S. I would add that GOA's prioritization of saving the filibuster makes some sense - https://www.gunowners.org/na01232021/
Last edited by AJMD429 on Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Pushing Back - we need to quit just being on the defensive...

Post by piller »

Our Governor here in Texas is doing a pretty good job, and with Colonel Allen West running the Republican Party in the state, it is starting to move the right way. Now we need to push harder to get things moving faster and with more momentum. John Cornyn must be defeated in the next primary.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

I thank God for Governor Kristi Noem here in South Dakota. The only governor that didn't shut her state down, a true believer in freedom.

Cat
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

From what I've observed from over here the Republican party as a whole hasn't even been on the defensive, President Trump was the main one pushing anything...
Mr Biden (can't call him President ) is like a school bully in a playground full of wimps.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Every elected official and many appointed ones in my state take an oath of office. The oath includes protecting and defending the Constitution of the United States.

But just about all of them violate their oath. However, there is no mechanism in place to remove them from office for such a violation. In fact, I have asked everyone that showed up at a public meeting I’ve attended what should be done to those that violate their oath. I then remind them of their violations of their oath. Each has wormed out of answering or finding me in contempt and silenced.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

jeepnik wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:38 am Every elected official and many appointed ones in my state take an oath of office. The oath includes protecting and defending the Constitution of the United States.

But just about all of them violate their oath. However, there is no mechanism in place to remove them from office for such a violation. In fact, I have asked everyone that showed up at a public meeting I’ve attended what should be done to those that violate their oath. I then remind them of their violations of their oath. Each has wormed out of answering or finding me in contempt and silenced.
The younger people among the electorate seem to believe 'oaths' are mere formalities. Probably one reason most of them can't keep a job more than a couple months, or a marriage more than a couple years.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

AJMD429 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:03 am The younger people among the electorate seem to believe 'oaths' are mere formalities. Probably one reason most of them can't keep a job more than a couple months, or a marriage more than a couple years.
That's what happens when nobody is held accountable for what they say. The truth dies.

Why keep an oath (they might say) when there is nothing to bind me to the oath? When there are no consequences?
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Exactly right. which is why Simone Gold is a key player. She is a medical Doctor AND an attorney, she is mad as a hornet swarm, and she has a strategy for pushing back and has already begun.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I thought I heard her say that on the federal level those do-badders (my word) can't be taken to court, but, BUT I believe she said that at state and local levels the do-badders can be sued for damages. And she is doing it.

So for those of us who want to push back, I think I can prescribe Dr. Gold . . .
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The Texas Attorney General is Suing the Bi-dumb administration over their orders about illegal border crossers.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I've decided to do a 180 and join the left......I'm gonna get all the free S. I can. Who cares? I'm not going to do anything to help them, I'm just gonna take em for what I can. Going to call the welfare office tomorrow and see if there's any free cheese available, maybe a deduction on my real estate taxes.

Good 'Ole Uncle Joe
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:09 am I've decided to do a 180 and join the left......I'm gonna get all the free S. I can. Who cares? I'm not going to do anything to help them, I'm just gonna take em for what I can. Going to call the welfare office tomorrow and see if there's any free cheese available, maybe a deduction on my real estate taxes.

Good 'Ole Uncle Joe
IF YOU VOTE FOR UNCLE JOE.......YOU AIN'T WHITE..
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:41 am
Sixgun wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:09 am I've decided to do a 180 and join the left......I'm gonna get all the free S. I can. Who cares? I'm not going to do anything to help them, I'm just gonna take em for what I can. Going to call the welfare office tomorrow and see if there's any free cheese available, maybe a deduction on my real estate taxes.

Good 'Ole Uncle Joe
IF YOU VOTE FOR UNCLE JOE.......YOU AIN'T WHITE..
Hey! I ain't white ....I'm half Sicilian/Italian......

Hey Gamekeeper, I have a question for you....I found this Canadian nickel in change the other day and it has a picture of the queen on it.....I thought (not very educated in these things) Canada was its own country.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

On second thought....WHY NOT? .....you don't have to vote for the left or let a band of Mexicans move into your back yard....JUST TAKE EM FOR WHAT YOU CAN....pizz on the honor......let's use em like a wet rag and DEMAND stimulus checks...

Let's live like there's no tomorrow ....bankrupt the system....get it all ready for Donald Trump in 2024.
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

[/quote]

Hey Gamekeeper, I have a question for you....I found this Canadian nickel in change the other day and it has a picture of the queen on it.....I thought (not very educated in these things) Canada was its own country.
[/quote]
The Canadians only have the Queen on their coins so that there's no room for their prime minister....one queen is enough... :lol:
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:27 pm
[/quote]
The Canadians only have the Queen on their coins so that there's no room for their prime minister....one queen is enough... :lol:
[/quote]

That's funny.

I've been there fishing on Victoria Day weekend a couple times, so I know they celebrate old queens.

There's a joke in there somewhere but I was raised by three Grandmothers and two Mothers so I know when to stop.
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

From GOA:

In his search for Leftists to fill his administration, Joe Biden shook the ‘Obama tree.’ And not surprisingly, all sorts of fruits and nuts fell out.

Biden has nominated anti-gunners -- Merrick Garland and Vivek Murthy -- for Attorney General and Surgeon General, respectively.

The U.S. Senate will have to confirm both nominees. This is the chance for supposed “pro-gun” Democrats to prove they weren’t lying when they promised voters on the campaign trail that they’d uphold the Second Amendment.

We need your urgent help flooding the U.S. Senate with letters signed by patriots like you, urging Senators to VOTE NO on both nominations.

Please add your name to our pre-written letter to the Senate to strike down Biden’s radically anti-gun nominees for Attorney General and Surgeon General.

AND here's a link to a nice summary of HOW the Biden administration will likely proceed:

https://americanactionnews.com/guns/202 ... nda-rs-bb/

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Here's another...

Retroactive gun registration - no doubt if you fail to comply, you become a 'federal firearms felon' and lose the right to have ANY firearms in your home.

Link > BILL is Here

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

More resources and comments on them - stuff you can send to others - especially the kids who get 'assigned' the topic of 'gun control' yet are NOT given the proper information to form a coherent opinion or write a good paper on it.

Here's a response I made to someone who asked for information for an assignment their kid was to do on 'gun control' as a 'contemporary social issues' topic for high school...

===============================================

What EVERYONE needs to know about GUN CONTROL:

1. it does NOT make the streets safer (see Gary Kleck’s work on that)

2. it does NOT make society more stable (see RJ Rummel’s work on ‘democide’ for that)

3. it has been promoted as a ‘public health issue’ via not only distortion, but outright fabrication, of ‘data’ - see the thoroughly-referenced law review journal article by liberal criminologist Don Kates and his physician co-authors on that - ESPECIALLY read Section XIII

4. it DOES make the streets more dangerous (again, Kleck’s work, and others, including Kates)

5. it DOES make societies less stable - see David Kopel’s “Samurai” book exposing the distortion on ‘international commparisons’ - analogous to Kates’ work on the domestic side

6. any risk/benefit analysis MUST include both, and few proponents of ‘common sense gun control’ bother to include the real-world RISKS of gun control, ignoring the inevitable escalation from the seemingly innocent and harmless, if ineffective, ‘first steps’ of “background checks”, to ever-increasing restrictions, which remove pretty much the ONLY effective deterrent to tyranny and genocide. This is not merely an abstract concept - 5,000 to 7,000 innocent civilian lives are lost EVERY DAY on average due to genocide, which is exclusively seen in nations with disarmed citizenry - see Zelman and Simkin’s book for more on that connection.

7. this is not a new concept either - the authors of the Constitution clearly didn’t put in the Bill of Rights for ‘sporting firearms use’ or ‘deer hunting’ - the entirety of the Bill of Rights is about thee blunt and timeless balance of power between citizen and government - expressed in lofty concepts like habeas corpus and the fifth and fourth amendments, and very importantly the first amendment - but NONE of those amendments have any ‘teeth’ without the second amendment - see Stephen Halbrook for documentation of the debates as to wording and inclusion of the second amendment at the time of its writing for clarity there. Essentially - even if lives were to be saved (which they are not), and even if society were somehow to be made more stable (which it is not), by some magic ‘gun control’ laws - they would still be completely unconstitutional, and require FAR more than some arbitrary ATF 'rule change', or 'majority approved' congressional legislation. “Shall not be infringed” doesn’t mean “ok to restrict heavily as long as there are a few kinds of guns people can obtain after a bunch of paperwork, and they may possess them in the places and times as allowed by government”.

8. Finally - realize that for many citizens, the issue is “extremely important” and they derive great energy from the political posturing and virtue signaling involved, yet evidently the issue is NOT important enough to them to actually bother learning facts about it, particulary if the facts contradict their own prejudices about guns and the people who own them - Kates’ law review article actually has a section explaining how so many proponents of ‘gun control’ actually take it as a point of pride that they know little to nothing about the firearms they seek to regulate. When virtue-signaling becomes more important than taking an unpopular stand (such as abolishing ‘gun free zones’ or being against ‘background checks’, because both of those things we’ve tried have made things worse and not better), the real ‘crusaders for reducing violence’ are those nasty NRA members, and we see that the “Mom’s Demand Action” types may be sincerly motivated, but are endangering society with nonsensical feel-good legislative symbolism.

Kleck - many different publications and studies over the years, with back-and-forth critiques, but here’s just a tip of the iceberg to illustrate what he (and several other criminologists such as John Lott) consistently find when it comes to the effect of guns on crime. Read the Kates article and you’ll begin to see how the detractors consistently have to resort to not only distortion, but in many cases, outright fabrication, of ‘data’ that they attempt to use to discredit Kleck, Lott, and others.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/cdc-s ... -the-data/

Rummel - illustrating the magnitude of genocide (dwarfs ‘gun murders’ ‘gun suicides’ ‘gun accidents’ ‘gun terrorism’ and even ‘gun wartime deaths’ COMBINED).

https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE5.HTM

The Kates’ article - if you read nothing else, read section XIII of this article. It will change your perspective.

https://guncite.com/journals/tennmed.html

Kopel’s book is one of many others that confirms just how much innocent confounding factors, differences in data collection, differences in definitions, as well as intentional distortion, permeates the ‘international gun control comparisons’ discussion. More contemporary analyses keep confirming the same thing - that the utopian nations with ‘common sense gun control’ do NOT tend to have less violent deaths than the U.S., no matter how intuitively appealing the concept is.

https://www.amazon.com/Samurai-Mountie- ... 0879757566

The connection of tyranny was clear to the authors of the Second Amendment, and the connection to genocide pretty clear to conremporary historians and political scientists. It just isn’t politically correct to discuss.

https://stephenhalbrook.com/books/gun-c ... ird-reich/

https://stephenhalbrook.com/books/the-f ... amendment/

https://www.amazon.com/Death-Gun-Contro ... 0964230461

There are MANY other sound resources that explain why ‘gun control’ is far from some silly waste of time that is harmless (other than diverting scarce police resources to unproductive purposes), but is rather a dangerous, counterproductive concept, that makes streets LESS save and societies LESS stable. The only redeeming virtue seems to be it makes hoplophobes who lack a knowledge of history or firearms or ballistics or criminology get some warm-fuzzies by out-machoing the NRA and sticking it to those awful gun-owners. If those advocates for ‘common sense gun control’ are truly oblivious as to the increase in innocent lives lost as a result of their policies, it refluects their hubris, but once those individuals are exposed to the incontrovertable facts, and they STILL support ‘gun control’, it is difficult to not regard them as essentially accomplices in those innocent deaths. After all, that is what they are always accusing the NRA of being. Turnabout is only fair play, and when REAL LIVES are at stake, we need to move beyond political preening and virtue signaling, and pursue useful public policy based on reality.
Here is one last resource - many articles here that are of interest on the topic, and don’t ever see the light of day when teachers assign “gun control” as a “current social topics” for students - the students are given carefully ‘curated’ (aka ‘censored’) sources that never show a true representation of both sides of the issue. That’s because the ‘gun control’ side has essentially zero rationale to support it.

https://guncite.com/

“Gun Control” has led to the loss of far more innocent lives than “easy access” ever could.