It might be that owning a .32 Winchester Special has some advantages

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

It might be that owning a .32 Winchester Special has some advantages

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I was in my favorite gun shop today and they had lots of .32 Special ammunition, but not a bit of .30-30. Interestingly, they had a lot of .25-20 and .32-20 on the shelf along with some .25-35 Winchester.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: It might be that owning a .32 Winchester Special has some advantages

Post by Blaine »

Is that a recently inflated price? :shock:

(I have 8-10 boxes of 30WCF, and enough 170s and 150s to load another 400)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I don't know. I've never priced this ammo before.
lthardman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lthardman »

Unfortunately, 32 Winchester Special has been a little pricey for the last five years. That price is not that far out of line.
"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." - Bryan Adams
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I ordered 500 32WS brass from Starline a few weeks ago. It was about all that was in stock.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It is more expensive than .30-30 normally. Not as much as that shows, but about 50% more. I bought the bullets and brass for about the same price.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Turdyturdy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Turdyturdy »

Yup,LGS near me has 24 boxes of 32 special, 30 of 10mm, 12 303 Brit., 20 300wsm, even a bunch of 28 gauge slugs. No 30-30 or other common loads. Another shop got in a case of WIN 38-55 last week. Half of it gone already at $50 a box. Forget 22lr,none to be had at any price around here.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I stopped by one of our local shops yesterday. There was a line out the front door 1/2 hour after they opened. Pass! A few days before that did a fly by at Cabela's. If they had two thousand rounds of centerfire ammo combined, I would have been surprised. Lots of shotgun ammo, mostly hunting stuff. There were less than 25 handguns in stock and 75% of those were revolvers and BP guns.

On another note, I ran across a new shop about 40 minutes from my place. I about locked up the breaks when I saw the sign that said "Full time Gunsmithing". There just aren't any good ones around here anymore. I went in and asked if they could do a little work on a couple Rugers and brought them down the next day. looking forward to see how they turned out. I have several projects around here that I'd like to do. They had a pretty decent inventory of firearms for these days and decent prices. Good amount of ammo, but I didn't price anything, I was too jazzed about getting some work done.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I picked up two bags of 32 Win Spl at the one gun shop that has reloading stuff last Friday. They were $26.00 each which isn't much more than I paid for the same amount before things got crazy. He had quit a selection of powder for these time too.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The other day I got a box of 375 Ruger just for the heck of it; not one I shoot tons of, but....it was “in-stock”...!!!

And actually....it truly IS a great and practical cartridge. The main criticism was always ‘availability’.....how ironic that turned out to be... :lol:

A person could get along as far as hunting and targeting with 375 Ruger at the top-end, then as far as bottleneck bolt action cartridges, maybe 6mm Remington in the middle and 222 Remington or even 22 K-Hornet at the bottom, if not requiring ‘commonly stocked’ rounds and wanting great cartridges. ( Levergun-wise I’d probably pick 500 S&W, 44 Magnum, and 32-20 correspondingly ).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Eddie Southgate
Levergunner

Post by Eddie Southgate »

Around here the Federal stuff is mid $30's with the Remington a bit cheaper when you can find it in stock. No 30-30 in stock in the last two months . Wish someone local to me had 25-20 at a good price in quantity . I bought the last two boxes I could find and am needing some more brass . I can find 25-20 brass but am not willing to pay three and four times the price for it.

Eddie
Trailboss
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Trailboss »

I have 15 boxes of factory 32 Special in my stash and a box and a half of reloads using 30-30 cases. The box is well marked and when hunting I don't pickup my casings. I have an extra 500 30-30 cases on hand for hunting throwaways. I doubt I'll ever shoot the factory rounds but I feel good having the stash. I have 3 Winchesters in 32 that are fed year round. I use 160 grain leads cast from an original Winchester single cavity mold. Using the prices I paid for powder and primers years ago my cost is about $2.30 per box of 20. I won't need to resupply components in my lifetime and so cost is a mute issue.