Amazon Has " Some" Reloading Equipment

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Amazon Has " Some" Reloading Equipment

Post by Blaine »

Not sure what everybody is having trouble getting, but there seems to be a good variety.
I even saw some Lee Loaders in 357/38 special.
Like chicken soup, it couldn't hurt to look.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JimT
Shootist

Re: Amazon Has " Some" Reloading Equipment

Post by JimT »

I have been looking for some 9mm dies. I checked Amazon. There are 2 sets of dies for sale, one for $159.00 and one for $160.00!!!! For a $40 set of dies!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

JimT wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:27 pm I have been looking for some 9mm dies. I checked Amazon. There are 2 sets of dies for sale, one for $159.00 and one for $160.00!!!! For a $40 set of dies!
Funny thing...I got a call the other day asking me if I had a set of 9mm dies I wanted to sell which I replied in the negative.....he said he had 380 dies and I told him to use them the same as he would 38 Spl/357mag..... 38 super would also work but you couldn't crimp but your not supposed to crimp anyway.

Imagine a 38 Spl/357 carbide die, which are usually tight would work just as good and as long as you used 357 dia.cast bullets or removed the expander.

I'd never thought I'd see the day when even dies and moulds would be hard to get. Now would be the time to sell all this junk I have laying around but I'm really getting lazy with age and then there's the uncertainty of the mail system.

Back to basics Jim.....like when we was all young guys and had to make do with what we had....we survived.....I think.---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

shasta_steve
Levergunner 1.0

Post by shasta_steve »

I just got a set of 221 and 222 dies off of Amazon. My 338 dies were supposed to be here last Sunday but are now back ordered. Like Jim I am looking of a set of 9mm and 45 Colt but am not going to pay that price just yet. I did get a really nice RCBS press off of Brownells in December but they have been hard to find.

The worst part of all this for me is I used to have a really nice press and dies for everything I owned. Somehow they got "borrowed" and I am having to buy them again.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I found a FCD for my .300 Blackout, and I didn't have to pay through the nose for it. I can’t tell you how many rounds I loaded on one of these. But they came in a cardboard box in those days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

SixGun: Is there a range by you? Put up a "4 sale" notice on the bulletin board if they have one or put some/all of the gear in your car trunk on a Saturday and Sunday, drive to the range, and let shooters there know you have reloading gear for sale. Bet it sells quickly. I saw this tactic successfully and profitably used a few days ago....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

JimT wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:27 pm I have been looking for some 9mm dies. I checked Amazon. There are 2 sets of dies for sale, one for $159.00 and one for $160.00!!!! For a $40 set of dies!
Check back every now and then
My search results were the same, then a few days later I found some new RCBS carbide dies at $57. Not cheap, but not ridiculous.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

vancelw wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:36 pm
Check back every now and then
My search results were the same, then a few days later I found some new RCBS carbide dies at $57. Not cheap, but not ridiculous.
Amazon throws a wide net. Not my favorite people, but they save from most of my WalMart trips, and all that driving around for other stuff. I never thought to look for shooting supplies.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

Is this the same Amazon who has closed down the voice of opposition by shutting down Parler?
The Constitution is worth more than 2nd day delivery of our toys.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Ray Newman wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:13 pm SixGun: Is there a range by you? Put up a "4 sale" notice on the bulletin board if they have one or put some/all of the gear in your car trunk on a Saturday and Sunday, drive to the range, and let shooters there know you have reloading gear for sale. Bet it sells quickly. I saw this tactic successfully and profitably used a few days ago....
Great idea Ray but I've been there......all the guys at the club have everything. I've set up tables at state levergun Silhouette matches...dies at $15...500 pack of cast bullets $40...nice RCBS powder measures $30..Rock Chucker presses...$60....I could go on for an hour....sometimes I'd make enough for gas and turnpike fees up and back. In the end it was not worth the hassle.

Then...let's pretend.....I have a $200 press that's like new priced at $75.....the guy will offer me $50.

I'll wait until the auction houses start back up and just drop it all off then pick up the check in the mail a week later. I probably have 75 sets of dies, 10 presses, scales, even a like new Hornady Projector press with 15 shell plates....the plates themselves are $35 apiece.

If you notice I sold the lead to one buyer only.....don't need the aggravation..."hey man, how about $10 for 30 pounds and you pay shipping? Been there...done that.---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:26 pm Back to basics Jim.....like when we was all young guys and had to make do with what we had....we survived.....I think.---6
Oh I have been getting by. No problem there. I can make things work until I get a proper set of dies. I bet most people who are regulars here can do the same thing.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jhrosier wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:38 pm Is this the same Amazon who has closed down the voice of opposition by shutting down Parler?
The Constitution is worth more than 2nd day delivery of our toys.
As much as that made me angry, a private/or publicly held company in under zero constitutional requirement to keep customers they don't want.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV