Covid blues

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Covid blues

Post by hondo1892 »

Guys I caught the covid bug back in the middle of November and am just now feeling better. I ended up spending four days in the hospital getting a covid cocktail pumped into me. Thanksgiving dinner from a hospital kitchen is not something I want again. After I was released I spent three days of the first week back at the ER. I would get weak and feel like I was about to pass out. They would pump a bag of IV fluid into me and I would feel better. They kept telling me I was dehydrated and just needed to drink more and take in more calories. I was drinking over a gallon of water along with other fluids daily. I had to go to my allergist and she told me to drink at least 32 ozs of Gatoraid a day along with the water. That helped me a lot and wish one of the ER dotors would have told me this. I have to go and get an echo on my heart next month to make sure it's in good shape. I also was on Lovenox shots for ever it seemed. Twice a day I had to stick myself in the stomach to make sure I didn't get any blood clots. I thank God that my grandson, daughter and son-in-law never caught it from me though. Before I got covid I wore my mask in stores like they tell us to. Now I wash my hands after going into stores even if I don't touch anything. Before I didn't wash very often. Not sure anything will keep you from getting the nasty stuff. My wife is a nurse and she got it from work back in August. She has to wear a mask or N95 respirator and she washes her hands religiously and still came down with it. She very rarely went out any place since the virus hit so we know she got the virus from work. I'm not sure why I didn't get it from her. I hope you guys can keep from getting this virus. If you do get it use a pulsox to check your oxygen levels and go to the hospital if it drops to the low 90's. I never checked mine because I didn't feel short of breath but my oxygen levels dropped to 85 percent. That is what kept me in the hospital but I went in because I couldn't stop coughing. I missed a lot this fall and early winter but I thank God he has let me get over it. This experience has made me much more thankful for life and health. Stay safe guys.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Covid blues

Post by piller »

I am recovering from it. Got it just before Christmas. Nasal swab on Dec 26. Diagnosis on Dec 29th. The breathing has been the worst part.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Wife and I both got it, we lost the entire month of November and most of December, on the mend nicely now. Sickest we have ever been, almost died, thankful to be here at all.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I highly recommend following the advice of this frequently updated website.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/flccc-i ... l-english/

If you look through the website, they have plenty of articles describing why each individual ingredient is important in their regimen. They update it every few weeks. The ivermectin update was the most spectacular, and I only wish I had known that information earlier in the year. I’m convinced there would be a few more people alive have I known that.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

My normal pulseox is in the low 90's, of course, I live at 6000ft altitude. Might have a little to do with it.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Glad to hear you are getting back to normal... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Yes it is Great to hear You are on the mend , it's a nasty bug for sure. We just learned yesterday of some extended Family both retired in PA who died from it recently. One day at a time.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I had my son go get the ivermectin from Tractor Supply. I am convinced that and tonic water, D3, anfd zinc are the reasons I did not need to be hospitalized. I still cannot walk 50 yards without needing to stop.
Ivermectin tastes bitter and disgusting. Follow it with something like tonic water to get that taste out of your mouth. My son got the injectable kind for me.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost