NRA Filing Bankruptcy, Ditching New York

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

NRA Filing Bankruptcy, Ditching New York

Post by Shasta »

Looks like things are changing at the National Rifle Association:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/n ... york-texas
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
piller
Posting leader...

Re: NRA Filing Bankruptcy, Ditching New York

Post by piller »

I am a bit surprised that they stayed in Bad Joke for so long.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

It's a plus.......good.......dump the garbage states and start fresh. Businesses and people with money are leaving the communist states in droves leaving behind the residue.
Model A Uzi’s
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

From the NRA Q&A page -- https://www.nraforward.org/questionsanswers

"What did the NRA announce?

"This is a transformational moment for the NRA. We announced a new strategic plan called Project Freedom.

"The NRA’s new strategic plan involves pursuing reincorporating the Association from the State of New York to the State of Texas – home to more than 400,000 NRA members and site of the 2021 NRA Annual Meeting being held in Houston.

"The NRA’s restructuring plan also aims to help the NRA streamline costs and expenses, proceed with pending litigation in a coordinated and structured manner, and realize many financial and strategic advantages.

"We believe the restructuring plan positions our organization for the future – and ensures our continued success as the nation’s leading advocate for constitutional freedom.

"Is the NRA going 'bankrupt?'

"No. In fact, this move comes at a time when the NRA is in its strongest financial condition in years.

"To facilitate its reorganization, the NRA and one of its subsidiaries filed voluntary chapter 11 petitions in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas, Dallas Division. The NRA is not insolvent.
[bold added: RCN]

"We expect no impacts to NRA programming.

"Nothing is more important to the NRA than protecting the Second Amendment rights of our law-abiding members. We will be as effective as ever in advocating for your rights, promoting firearms education and training, and engaging in public endeavors.

"What happens to my NRA membership?

"Nothing. Your membership remains intact.

"NRA supporters will continue to enjoy all their full member benefits – from new members to Life Members to Benefactor Members. We will continue to publish and deliver your magazines. We will continue to train Americans and teach them firearms safety. We will continue to teach hunter safety."
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I wish they would ditch that sack of peepee LaPierre.
I am an SAF guy these days.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

100% behind you there Bill. We really need the NRA now and in the coming future.

Cat
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

RE The SAF- AKA Second Amendment Foundation. The SAC did not offer any support to try defeat the last two Washington anti-firearms legislation (Initiatives 594 and and 1639). Unfortunately both initiatives passed.

The unsuccessful efforts to defeat these initiatives was all done by volunteers and a grass roots hastily organized group. I asked the club secretary of the club received any information from SAF about getting out the effort to defeat these bills. She said the club heard nothing from the SAF or its sister organization the CCRKBA --Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. At the time, I looked on the SAF and CCRKBA web sites for any information about these initiatives and there was none.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Ray, I am sorry to hear this. I will send an e-mail asking what the heck.
I still think part of this New York to Texas gambit is part of a LaPierre conspiracy to shield his greedy malfeasance.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Texas is a whole lot friendlier than New York to be sure.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

In any large organization there are going to be things and people you do not align with.
"Large" being defined as more than just yourself......
:D
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

JimT wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:35 am In any large organization there are going to be things and people you do not align with.
"Large" being defined as more than just yourself......
:D
I find church much like this too! But I don't need to walk in lock step with any human.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:53 am I find church much like this too! But I don't need to walk in lock step with any human.
Exactly!
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

RE: SAF -- Bill in OR posted: "Ray, I am sorry to hear this. I will send an e-mail asking what the heck."

I also sent E-mail but no response. Yet I periodically get requests for more money for the SAF/CCRKBA political war chest. Some in Washington claim the organization has not done much for the Washington shooters. According to Charity navigator, it rates 2 out of 4 stars.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index. ... orgid=7405
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

As a Life NRA member I'd like to see the NRA move to Texas, but don't give Wayne a key to the new headquarters! And don't even tell him the address! He's long overdue to be replaced, but attempts to do so have only resulted in the demise of those trying. He's a stain on the NRA, and has become a bad focal point. His lavish spending on himself, and close friends is a black mark on the NRA, and detours funds that should be directed towards the gun rights battle, and not his clothes allowance, and various other non NRA things he does.
If the NRA wants to survive, it needs to do so without Wayne.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I agree.
D. Brian Casady
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I have been a member in the past, but let my membership laps with all the controversy. Hopefully the Board of Directors will wake up one day and realize that there are a lot of folks and money on the sidelines just waiting for them to call for Wayne's resignation. I think the move to Texas is definitely a step in the right direction.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Oh the board is quite awake. They've fought LaPierre several times and lost. Some serious infighting there, for sure. He is corrupt, and he's not stupid.

Cat
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I wonder what it will take to get rid of LaPierre and his cronies.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I've been a member off and on since 1974. In recent years Wayne has been the reason for my lack of membership more than anything else. I'll never join again till he's gone.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I didn't renew when President Trump was elected, thinking you guys would have a easy time for 8 years. After reading this thread I don't know what to do now :?
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I look forward to a more recent post from the late Neal Knox's son Jeff, but this is just a taste of what is going on inside the troubled old institution.

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/ ... nra/384636
Last edited by Bill in Oregon on Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Not a penny of support until the "crazy cat lady" (Hammer) and "it's good to be the king" WLP are gone. It's been almost 3 years since I "donated" to them.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I've been a Life Member for 50 years (yeah, I guess I got my money out of that one). And I still send 'em a Benjamin every January whether they look like they need it or not. But it is real hard to feel good about it so long as WLP is there.

If they had a reasonable sized Board of Directors (5 or certainly no more than 7) the board would be able to control his excesses and send him packing. But with such a huge number of board members, the board is it's own bureaucracy and therefore ineffective.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Very true!
D. Brian Casady
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

earlmck wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:31 pm I've been a Life Member for 50 years (yeah, I guess I got my money out of that one). And I still send 'em a Benjamin every January whether they look like they need it or not. But it is real hard to feel good about it so long as WLP is there.

If they had a reasonable sized Board of Directors (5 or certainly no more than 7) the board would be able to control his excesses and send him packing. But with such a huge number of board members, the board is it's own bureaucracy and therefore ineffective.
Excellent Earl! I wish they'd reduce the board size also, so less chance of finger pointing, and more accountability.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

"If they had a reasonable sized Board of Directors (5 or certainly no more than 7) the board would be able to control his excesses and send him packing. But with such a huge number of board members, the board is it's own bureaucracy and therefore ineffective."
--earlmc

Not always true. I belonged to organizations and worked in an office where small groups were controlled by one person's undue influence and desire to look good, advance, etc., to detriment of others.
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Ray Newman wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:36 pm "If they had a reasonable sized Board of Directors (5 or certainly no more than 7) the board would be able to control his excesses and send him packing. But with such a huge number of board members, the board is it's own bureaucracy and therefore ineffective."
--earlmc

Not always true. I belonged to organizations and worked in an office where small groups were controlled by one person's undue influence and desire to look good, advance, etc., to detriment of others.
Right you are Ray! I should have said "might be able to control his excesses..." But with a normal sized board there would at least be a decent chance of them exercising a level of influence and control.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Catshooter wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:30 pm Oh the board is quite awake. They've fought LaPierre several times and lost. Some serious infighting there, for sure..................
As a Life Member, this sickens me...

We should be spending time and $$ protecting our rights and fighting the Anti's -- not each other.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:47 am I didn't renew when President Trump was elected, thinking you guys would have a easy time for 8 years. After reading this thread I don't know what to do now :?
Move to MAINE -- or TEXAS, and rejoin!

We'd be glad to have you join the fight!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old No7 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:54 pm
gamekeeper wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:47 am I didn't renew when President Trump was elected, thinking you guys would have a easy time for 8 years. After reading this thread I don't know what to do now :?
Move to MAINE -- or TEXAS, and rejoin!

We'd be glad to have you join the fight!

Old No7
Nothing would please me more than moving over the pond, sadly without a lottery win no can do, however I can stil afford to support your right to bear arms even if I have already lost almost all my rights over here.
I would have taken your NRA with all its faults when at the stroke of a pen we lost our right to own handguns.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.