"History is Out Best Teacher"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

"History is Out Best Teacher"

Post by Old No7 »

VERY OLD words of wisdom...

History Best Teacher.png

That is spot on for sure!

I wonder what chapter they will rewrite, or which statues they'll take down this year...

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: "History is Out Best Teacher"

Post by AJMD429 »

Good article on the topic -

> https://internationalman.com/articles/t ... -the-laws/

Sadly, the U.S. has adopted 'Stalinist' tactics, and passed so many federal felony laws that a bureaucrat can simply pick ANY citizen to target, then within a week will surely find numerous 'felonies' they have committed, and can then attack them.

Unfortunately, the naive Republican 'moralists' a half-century ago decided the 'war on drugs' would somehow legitimize government-force. It did the opposite, and of course did NOTHING to the illicit use of drugs and the damage that causes, other than to make it more profitable. Just like we should have learned with alcohol prohibition.... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

One of my favorite quotes:

George_Santayana
Those who do not know history's mistakes are doomed to repeat them.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

I think the most important thing is truth. people sort of skim over it when they beat their breasts about 'truth, justice, liberty' but its by far the most important of the three, since its the language the other two are described with. As such its also the first that gets re-arranged by bad governments. At the point truth no longer matters you can make anything up and even 'histories lessons ' become stories to twist. When they got 'infinite gender philosophy ' across the line and no scientists or doctors rioted across the world to stop it I knew we were in trouble. They can decide Caesar was a woman, blue is the new color green and money is bad for your health and people will swallow it.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

10-4 on the whole gender studies thing.

As my wife (a retired LPN) likes to say, "check inside your pants. If you still need help then there is no hope for you." She doesn't suffer fools well, probably good she retired when she did. She worked in pediatrics.

Post by Ysabel Kid »

And this proves the old adage that there is nothing new under the sun. Tacitus was a Roman senator... almost 2,000 years ago...
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Yea, and look what happened to the Roman Empire! :roll: