Muzzle Brake comparison

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Muzzle Brake comparison

Post by AJMD429 »

Note that the video was prepared by someone who sells some of the brakes, so it may be biased. Nonetheless, it is interesting. I have a JP-‘tank’ brake on a Thompson Encore rifle barrel in 280 Remington.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf3rLi8 ... e=youtu.be
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
shasta_steve
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Muzzle Brake comparison

Post by shasta_steve »

Cool video. I have the factory, added later, brake on my 700 Rem .338 Win Mag. I know it is not as powerful as the Lapua but the gun does not really kick much at all. It is however unnervingly loud if you are shooting it off a covered range.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Muzzle Brake comparison

Post by GunnyMack »

The guy that ran our tool room at school found a 50 cal aircraft barrel at a gun show. He then bought a single shot action, made a stock and went to shoot it. The wood split . He made up another piece of wood and got to making a break. Was 2" diameter aluminum break that was radially ported as well as ports angled forward. That tamed the 50 down to about 300WM levels. However all that hot gas really chewed up the aluminum!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!