Quick COVID update and an odd twist of events.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Quick COVID update and an odd twist of events.

Post by 2ndovc »

My wife tested positive for COVID on Wednesday and I got the positive results back this morning. Bubbles is pretty much over it already, and I'm starting to feel better as well. For us, it was similar to a really bad cold and I had a cough that was brutal. My Doc gave me an Albuterol inhaler and Benzonatate capsules that have worked quite well. Worst case of chills I've ever had, t-shirt, long sleeved heavy t, sweater and a really heavy sweatshirt, three dogs and a heated mattress pad and finally got warm. Fever broke about an hour later. My Doc at the Cleveland Clinic is calling me later today to check up on me due to my previous issues and testing positive, but it's been over five years since that respiratory infection and it appears that it's not an issue at this point.
Hopefully it stays that way. My wife really only had a severe headache and congestion, but she's always been a very healthy girl.

We know how we got it as well. One of my wife's co-workers became infected and continued to go to work thinking she had a cold. She didn't stay home until several days later and was finally tested. These girls work in a bank and had gone back to drive through only and one client inside at a time, by appointment. They wear masks all day and clean/ sanitize between customers. With her working with the public I knew it was just a matter of time before we got it. I'm very happy that we got an early jump on it and they know how to treat it better than 6-8 months ago. We've been wearing masks since this thing started and I've been working from home and going out 1-2 times a week. COVID is running wild in Northern OH right now and unless you're sealed up in a bubble there are no guarantees.

Stay safe out there!
Jason

12-20-20

We're all over the virus and out of quarantine. We got through with what mostly felt like a really bad cold. Only thing I needed other than over the counter stuff was an Albuterol inhaler. That worked wonders for my cough.

When we tested positive we were contacted by our county health dept. and asked if we would participate in a daily online survey to track our symptoms and progress. I didn't think anything of it at the time so we agreed. About a week later, I got an odd letter from the H.Dept. that was mostly blah, blah blah about the virus that just about everyone knows at this point and at the end was a very hollow threat that if it became known that I was violating the quarantine order the local authorities will be contacted and I will be forcibly returned to my place of quarantine. I wasn't about to go anywhere but that ticked me off. I was going to write back and tell them to have Barney come and get me and we'll see how that turns out. Didn't bother and wasn't in the mood to argue over BS.
Fast forward to the day before my quarantine was to end and I get a text msg from the health dept. that they are extending my lockdown two additional days. I wrote a long and not very pleasant note back that basically asked "who are you, what are your credentials and by what legal authority do you have to arbitrarily extend this lockdown?". Didn't hear another word. Just another low level county bureaucrat trying to push people around as far as I can tell.

jb 8)
Last edited by 2ndovc on Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Look's like we get "The Rona" for Christmas this year.

Post by GunnyMack »

Glad to hear you Are on the mend JB!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Glad you two are on the mend. Stay safe.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I'm sorry you are going through this. My wife and I had the Rona in April. No treatment as my doctor told me "Don't go to the hospital unless you think you are going to die."

Neither of us died, so I guess it worked out ok. But it was no fun.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:17 pm I'm sorry you are going through this. My wife and I had the Rona in April. No treatment as my doctor told me "Don't go to the hospital unless you think you are going to die."

Neither of us died, so I guess it worked out ok. But it was no fun.
That's pretty much what they told me. Not to go to the ER unless my symptoms progress. A friend of mine is an ER Doc out in the sticks in Western Ohio, he had me order a battery operated pulse/ox monitor. He has had several people die in the ambulance on the way in because they waited too long. He told me if my oxygen level drops below 90 and keeps dropping, get to the ER. For $35 or so on Amazon it has been worth it.

Jason
Last edited by 2ndovc on Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Glad You guys are getting better. My Wife's brother who lives in Parma had it a few weeks ago , We have had Five Family members get it in the last month. My Wife had it a year ago . She had all of the symptoms and was sick for a month. the Doctors checked Her for everything and told Her "We don't know what You have".. :shock: people say it wasn't here in 2019 . I know better , I thought She was a goner. Stay Strong Jason.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Glad you and your bride made it out the other end of the tunnel, Jason. Now that you are past it, it must feel good not to have to worry about it any more.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Sorry to hear that. .
Hoping you get over it quickly.
Meanwhile: wash your hands frequently, and wear gloves and a mask while typing, to prevent spread of the virus via the internet...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Buck Elliott wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:05 pm Sorry to hear that. .
Hoping you get over it quickly.
Meanwhile: wash your hands frequently, and wear gloves and a mask while typing, to prevent spread of the virus via the internet...
Good advice... :lol:
Good to hear you are both recovered from the Chinese virus.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Here I thought you were getting the Micro-Roni fir your Glock... Glad you weren't done in for a few weeks.. todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

3leggedturtle wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:06 pm Here I thought you were getting the Micro-Roni fir your Glock... Glad you weren't done in for a few weeks.. todd
I did get a new upper delivered from Windham in .450 Bushmaster. That made me feel better. :D

My Dr. friend also called, told me to call the Cleve. Clinic and request a infusion IV for Bamlanivimab ( what Pres. Trump got) due to my other issues and prevent them from causing any complications. I put in the request this afternoon, hopefully I can get that done tomorrow.

Thanks for the thoughts guys!

Jason

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I've been prescribing Ivermectin and high-dose zinc and quercetin and vitamin C and melatonin and high-dose vitamin D and doxycycline or azithromycin or hydroxychloroquine and nebulized budesonide and high-dose omega-3's and sometimes even low-dose naltrexone all day long - we are getting hammered here.

STRONGLY consider seeing if your doctor will add some of those as he or she feels appropriate. I've seen very good improvement with (link--->) the FLCCC Aliance 'I-Mask+' protocol, but it really needs started while the viral fight is going on - NOT after all that is done and you are in the inflammation phase.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

How do you keep them from turning inside out due to the vomiting caused by the naltrexone? I took it once for weight loss. 3 tablets over 3 days and i got so dehydrated from vomiting that PillHer was threatening to drag me to the ER. I would rather have a 2 week long cluster migraine than to take even one tablet of naltrexone ever again.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

piller wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:20 pm How do you keep them from turning inside out due to the vomiting caused by the naltrexone? I took it once for weight loss. 3 tablets over 3 days and i got so dehydrated from vomiting that PillHer was threatening to drag me to the ER. I would rather have a 2 week long cluster migraine than to take even one tablet of naltrexone ever again.
:o

I think I'll pass on that one. :shock:

jb