Integrally-suppressed 9mm carbine...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Integrally-suppressed 9mm carbine...

Post by AJMD429 »

This might become a popular item, given the times. Most of us on this forum have other things we would use to fill the niche, but there are a lot of new gun buyers that might want something like this for home protection or when ‘out and about’...

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/ ... b2000-cqb/

Barrel is more ‘pistol length’ but my Ruger PC Charger is not much longer and it rings the 100-yard gong nicely.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Integrally-suppressed 9mm carbine...

Post by marlinman93 »

I don't own any suppressors, or suppressed firearms, but have contemplated it. If I did, I'd probably want a suppressor that was separate so it could be fitted to various guns, vs. having a stamp for each suppressed gun.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yeah, that's the route I went mostly. I have three now:

1. a Mystic-X (current even-better model is the Infiniti-X) by LibertyCans - it would be my 'if only one can' suppressor, because:
a) it goes up to .358 caliber, so I can use it on 357 Mag, 9mm, 35 Rem, 30-30, 308, 32-20, 357 Max, 223/5.56, 300 Blackout, and 22 LR, or anything else basically that is 35 caliber or less. Not 338 Lapua though...!
b) it tolerates up to 300 Win Mag pressures, and
c) it is a 'take-apart' can, so good for cast-lead and other 'dirty' ammo, plus
d) it is rather light weight compared to my other suppressor, which is a Gemtech Trek

2. The Gemtech Trek is a dedicated 223 can rated for up to full-auto in 223 with I think barrels as short as 12 inches if one has those. Not take-apart, but occasional rimfire use is ok - a few bursts of 223's seems to blast out junk and crud.

3. I did get an integral one for the Ruger 10/22, because it is so easy to swap out to other 10/22's, or do what I did and take two minutes to hand-file a second extractor-groove so I could use it on my 96/22 levergun. That way there is no 'action noise' and it is REALLY quiet.

The Mystic-X really covers everything though, and came with threads for the 1/2" and 5/8" barrels so I can use it on about anything threaded. Mostly I use it on rifles but it can work on handguns just fine (there is a recoil-booster that replaces the threaded section for that).

I could see a dedicated/integral suppressed 300 Blackout as a cool thing though.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That is a neato set up....as I've aged and gathered wisdom I have come to appreciate the 9mm cartridge.....plenty enough power to get the job done, cheap to shoot and controllable even in full auto.

That gun you posted the link to would be the ideal close quarters defense and play gun.....it would really be the cats meow for a gang banger but WE don't have to worry about them getting such a weapon legally as none of them can pass any kind of a background check.....they may pass bad checks or a check through the McDonalds drive thru but not a background check. :D ---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Same here. I started out liking the 9mm and then somehow got the feeling it might not be enough cartridge for self defense uses. So migrated to the .45 ACP. Then after a decade of shooting and carrying a .45 I fortunately hadn't sold my 9mm's, and went back to them. I think they're a great round, and even a very accurate round if the gun they're chambered in is a accurate format. My old S&W Model 39 is one of the most accurate 9mm's I own, and my 59 is a very close 2nd to it.
Still love my .45's but I mostly carry a 9mm.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/