What’s under your bed?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

What’s under your bed?

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I keep this handy:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What’s under your bed?

Reminds me of the old days:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

When did they change the barrel length law? I owned this J.C. Higgins 12ga since the mid 1950`s. My house was broken into about 2003 in southern California. It was stolen among many others. Only it showed up a year or so later. Deputy wasn't going to give me the gun back as it was sawed. I walked over, unscrewed the barrel and said you can have this, I will take the action.
https://i.postimg.cc/wjkJQw7H/J-C-Higgi ... ed-off.jpg
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

You don't want to put your hand under my bed. There are teeth there.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Dust.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Monsters under mine. But they're usually snoring. (grin)
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Cats
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I J .45 SA
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

There's an 870 Police Magnum under the bed. My Shockwave is in the garage locked up under the backseat of my F150.
I have a rubber gripper on it now. My hand kept sliding up to the receiver.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

The wood stocks work for me. I could not hold onto the plastic ones.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I like the wood but the Tac-14 wasn't out yet when I bought the Mossberg. I've been thinking about getting it Cerakoted for a more durable finish. Not sure when/ how it happened but picked up a couple of rust spots on the barrel.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Uberti .45 Colt
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Labrador hair- lots of it! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

If I can deal with it with the 20 ga in the corner, this oughta do!
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Given what the Feds just did (or are about to) with AR-15 pistols, my bet is that the Shockwave type shotguns are next... :evil:
shasta_steve
Levergunner 1.0

Post by shasta_steve »

Only have two guns that sleep outside of my safes. I won this Mossberg years ago at a Wild Turkey Federation Dinner. Keep if filled with 00 buck. I also keep a 9mm upstairs too but with how I am with pistols it would not be my first choice .

IMG_2671 (2).jpg
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Probably old beer cans from when I quit drinking several years ago...old gun magazines....used condoms....who knows.... :D

That's on my side of the bed......I have somewhere around 30 guns strategically spread out around the house, barn, garage, shooting shack, vehicles, motion detector lights and alarms all over the place plus other electronics that go straight to the cops.....

NEWS FLASH.....on OAN some "expert" was saying that Bidens plans are to bankrupt the gun industry by taking off the restrictions that keep people from suing the gun industry when one of their guns are used in a crime........that means the missing links in Chicago will have about 1,000 lawsuits every weekend and combine that with the other jungles in the rest of the country that means gun manufacturers will be done in around 6 months.

First up is short barreled shotguns like Scott posted and pistol AR-15' s like I posted will be reclassified SBS and SBR AND YOU MUST SEND IN YOUR GUN AND $200 and in a couple of years you will get your gun back....MAYBE......

NOW, LETS SEE HOW BIG YOUR BALLS ARE OUT THERE.......

LIKE Ysable Kids says, I WILL NOT COMPLY IN ANY WAY....First it will be registration. ..After the AR's it will be short barreled handguns, then semi auto guns of any type, then semi auto shotguns, then pump guns of any type, then .22's......it will be done the same way my mother remembered it in NAZI Germany.......then it was knives over 6" in length and any knife with a military background.....

It's gonna take some blood...I'm ready...ARE YOU? I don't give a F.....they pulled this S in every country and we all know where it led to.....WE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO NOT COMPLY......UNLESS YOUR A P of some sort........

The United States is the last country in the world that is stopping the world council from enacting a one world order where we all are the same.......for those no good M fer's to steal an election and introduce a pandemic in front of our face shows how desperate they are to put their plan into effect.

Your call........it the biggest change of life this country is ever going to experience and as Jimi Hendrix said, "Are you experienced"

Model A Uzi’s
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Under the Bed.jpg
A J-Frame, an LC9, and and two optic-nerve destroying flashlights.

:wink:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I WILL NOT COMPLY IN ANY WAY....First it will be registration
Yep. That's always the first step. "Just say no."

Nothing under the bed - on the dresser! :-)

-Stretch
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

The dust bunnies under my bed don't have any dog hair in them, darn it.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Nothing under my bed, but my Colt Commercial .45 ACP is in the night stand, and my AR15 hangs behind the headboard. Both ready if needed.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Why would anyone comply? We all know where that goes.

This is Texas and we remember well what happens.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Glock 20 (10mm) under pillow. Scott that pump looks like a hand full, what shells do you run in it?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

"...First up is short barreled shotguns like Scott posted and pistol AR-15' s like I posted will be reclassified SBS and SBR AND YOU MUST SEND IN YOUR GUN AND $200 and in a couple of years you will get your gun back....MAYBE......

NOW, LETS SEE HOW BIG YOUR BALLS ARE OUT THERE.......
..."

The Dems will be all kind and nice, and offer a 'compromise' - they will offer to 'waive the $200 fee' for those who apply within the first 90 days... :roll: :roll:

It is ALL about 'getting a list' - a 'national gun registry' is THE goal. Once they have that, they can easily go after people one at a time, and use 'gentle' penalties that appear to bystanders 'not worth violence to resist'. In other words...

a. "all you have to do is register, and we the government will allow you to have that 'assault weapon'..."
then
b. for those who register, later on "well, we changed our mind, you can't have it anymore, and since we know you have it, and it would have been a felony to dispose of it, you hand it over now or go to jail"
or
c. for those who don't register, later on "you committed a felony because you're in possession of an NFA weapon without a license, which means you are a criminal - we gave you a chance to register it, and you didn't, so now you go to jail"

They will treat those people the same as they would NOW if you were caught with an 'unregistered' M-60 machinegun. The non-gun-owning public will see them as clearly 'criminals', and even many gun-owners (the ones who think that "real men own guns that are walnut-and-blued-steel") will side with the tyrants as well.

How many ordinary 'gun owners' will put a bullet in a cop who is just enforcing the law...??? Tough call, especially for those of us who DO respect law enforcement. :|

Only 72 million people voted for Trump, and there are at least 80 million gun owners, so many of us aren't doing our job....
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I think the cat may be under there....
Haven't seen her in a few years :?

My TAC-14 stays in whatever vehicle I am driving. Just in case I turn down the wrong street and accidentally end up in the middle of a riot.

With 00 buck is a a handful, but not unmanageable and definitely persuasive
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

octagon wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:53 pm Glock 20 (10mm) under pillow. Scott that pump looks like a hand full, what shells do you run in it?
The cheapest 00 buck I can buy in 25 round boxes. I have it loaded with “Estate “ brand 00 buck from Cabellas. Premium buckshot patterns too tight for inside work. With the wood stocks it is definitely controllable. The plastic stocks are too slippery.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Thanks. That looks like it would make a good truck gun. Dandy for snakes with birdshot i bet. I get up to that Cabellas in Buda on occasion for dove shells.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Visited the Cabela's in Allen yesterday. 6mm Creedmore, .350 Legend, and a bunch of shotshells were all that was in stock.
D. Brian Casady
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:07 am The dust bunnies under my bed don't have any dog hair in them, darn it.
Dust Bunnies? it be easier to find hen's teeth in your house! :mrgreen: A 380 Makarov, 9mm Bond Arms or 357 SP101 are usually close by the bed.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

A couple pair of boots/shoes, and some empty boxes; a stray .45 Colt case or two and assorted dust bunnies.
My 12-gauge TTN coach gun stands between the bed post and the night stand, stoked with 3" Winchester 00 Buck. A strip containing 3" 000 Buck and Brenneke Black Magic Magnums ison the stand as well, with a 7.5" Beretta SA undertake other pillow, next to my head..
And... I'm a light sleeper...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Buck,

It sounds like you have everything covered!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Got a holiday sale email yesterday from Sportsman's Warehouse. I usually delete them without opening them, as I have only purchased a brand new gun maybe 4-5 times in over 50 years of buying guns. But I opened that one, and spotted a defense shotgun that was a good price. I'm not a shotgun person, and the Win. 1400 I own was one I bought new 40 years ago! Back then the Winchoke system new, and a option, not std. So I ordered mine with it. It's taken upland game, and shot thousands of clay pigeons in trap tournaments at our club. But I wanted something defensive lately, so off to look at these.
The shotgun is a Charles Daly AR12 imported by Chiappa, and is a 12 ga. semiauto built to look somewhat like an AR15, but internally not. It has a detachable box mag that holds 5 rds. and 10 rd. are available, plus a 20 rd. drum mage from Charles Daly. It uses Benelli chokes, and comes with Modified choke. I'll probably get a Cylinder bore choke so I can shoot slugs if I want. It also has an adjustable cheek rest that can be raised, or lowered, but not sure what you'd put on it to use in the raised height? It has a picatinny rail on top, but also has a detachable carry handle with peep-notch sight, and a typical post front to match. Fixed buttstock, and pistol grip. They sell for around $499, but were on sale for under $400, so it came home.
I've got a couple cases of 12 ga. 2 3/4", and this shotgun shoots both 2 3/4" and 3" shells. So I need to buy some 3" shells for it also. Overall length is 39" so not a short gun, but with a 20" barrel not too long for inside the home either. I prefer buttstocks on shotguns, so that appealed to me on this gun. Way out of my usual interest, but figured I needed to diversify a little.

https://www.charlesdaly.com/product.php?id=527
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Marlinman, that sounds useful for home defense. There are several choices in slugs anymore, and when you find what it likes, you should get several boxes. I would guess that you have already done that. How well does it shoot buckshot?
D. Brian Casady
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

piller wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:43 pm Marlinman, that sounds useful for home defense. There are several choices in slugs anymore, and when you find what it likes, you should get several boxes. I would guess that you have already done that. How well does it shoot buckshot?
Haven't shot it with anything yet, but hope to pick up some 3" slugs, and buckshot soon. I also want a cylinder bore choke to use with the slugs. I checked at Sportsman's when I bought the shotgun, but prices were stupid high for 3" at about $17 a box for 3" #7.5 shot. Their 2.75" was cheap, but I've got plenty of those already.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

The one constant is a 4” Colt Lawman .357. i purchased it in 1998 for $180, then had it stripped and parkerized and added a Pachmayer grip.

Its a no nonsense heavy duty chunk of iron. I call it my barbecue gun because the park’d finish looks like it belongs on a smoker, not a vintage Colt —. But it has a para military vibe now

I also usually have A long gun within pretty close reach. Lately it has been the PTR built MP5 I recently acquired, as I had a chance to function check it over the Thanksgiving holiday. I need to put it on bags and get the sights squared away but in a hypothetical defensive situation it is definitely good for minute of man at hallway distances

I have had at times and in no particular order, a model 94 trapper in 30-30, AR carbine and even one of the shorty Mossberg Shockwaves - but a rotator cuff surgery last year has still got me pretty weak with a pump action
----- Doug
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

For me, it's a Kel-Tec KS7 12 ga., with light and Sig Romeo red dot sight. As short as the Mossberg and Remington shorties but with an 18" barrel and a shoulder stock.