Rossi barrel/magazine ring screw

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
black river smith
Levergunner 2.0

Rossi barrel/magazine ring screw

Post by black river smith »

Does anyone know where I can buy a 44 Mag (2019) - Rossi 92 Carbine Front Barrel/Magazine Ring Screw?

While taking my carbine completely apart for polishing, I could not easily remove the front ring screw and ruined the head by pure accident, thinking it was moving. I did get the screw out but really need a replacement, because of it.

Where can I buy one?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Rossi barrel/magazine ring screw

Post by gamekeeper »

Our own Steve's Gunz should be my first call.. :)
http://www.stevesgunz.com/
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Those are impossible to find.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Failing the above recommendation, try M&M - http://mmgunsmith.com . While their advertised focus may be the old (Interarms) 92 Rossis, I'll bet they can help on this one... Can't imagine Rossi changing the screws out ... but you never know.
black river smith
Levergunner 2.0

Post by black river smith »

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments. I am looking at all my option and even thinking about making the screw myself.

Right now I have the measurements and know that the hole is tapped at #4-48 and a winchester 1970's screw with fit the threads. But, the length is long and the head is not just cylindrical but has a bottom taper to it. Just need the correct tap and die.

Again Thanks