Forgotten Weapons on the Calico 9mm Carbine

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Forgotten Weapons on the Calico 9mm Carbine

Post by AJMD429 »

I posted on another thread that I only had the Kel-Tec 9mm when it came to a 'carbine', but I forgot I have a disassembled Calico 9mm that I keep procrastinating getting the barrel threaded for.

Ian on the Calico 9mm - https://youtu.be/5pu1M6ZffiM

Every time I shoot it (usually with IMI military surplus ammo) it functions fine, but 'everyone says' they are not reliable. I think perhaps they just need 'hotter' ammo, kind of like the other rolling-block 9mms out there seem to. I don't know. Anyway, mine has always been reliable, and after watching Ian 'validate' my observations, I really NEED to get that barrel threaded so I can mount my Mystic can on it...! (...and the pistol too.... :twisted: )
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Forgotten Weapons on the Calico 9mm Carbine

Post by AJMD429 »

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Forgotten Weapons on the Calico 9mm Carbine

Post by BenT »

I just moved to Minnesota in the mid 80's and seen one of these in a gunshop when looking for a used shotgun. I wanted the 22LR version of this so bad just becasue it was mechanically different, they were expensive. But I didn't own a shotgun and being in MN it was all about duck and goose hunting. So I had to save up money for a shotgun. My roommate let me borrow his Mossberg bolt action shotgun with 36 inch barrel, but it just wasn't that handy at swing shooting ducks. :)

Just like the Marlin camp carbine. All my shooting had to do with hunting. So the Calico and Camp carbine was hard to justify because I really didn't have hunting use for them.