"How To Get a NEW Levergun into the House"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

...without starting WWIII, that is....

I will admit -- I have DONE this!!! :wink:

Old No7

New Gun.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Re: "How To Get a NEW Levergun into the House"

Post by rossim92 »

I've done it! :roll:
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I ve done this a few times over the years when I knew I would get a lot of flak from my wife for buying another gun but normally it was something I just couldn t pass up.At times it was almost like an episode of mission impossible and I could almost hear the theme song for the show when I was doing it.One of the schemes I would cook up was to have a friend my wife didn t know call about a gun I supposedly had for sale and I would take an empty gun case out to meet the "buyer"
and come home complaining how the buyer didn t show up and sneakily put my new gun in the safe.Now that I m retired though and my funds are limited I now really have to sell something to get something as I can t justify the expense to take any monies out of our income
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

....be sure it is a WELL-PADDED 'old gun case' - ok to be worn and 'tattered' but since it helps to 'carelessly drop the gun a couple times on the way to the house, and act unconcerned' you want a well-padded case... :D

A friend of a friend of mine (....well.....I'm his friend, and he is mine.... :wink: ) sometimes leaves the 'item' in the car for awhile, comes in to check out the house, and after his wife is in the bath-tub or something, quickly brings the firearm in the house and to the safe, leaving the box and stuff out in the car or barn to deal with later.

One time, a whole mess of people were visiting, and going to be there until after this er, friend, had to leave to go to work, so he stowed the gun in the 'beer fridge' in the barn where it spent a few days until it could be rescued.... :lol:

Mostly, though, I don't spend much on guns anymore, and sell ones to fund others; thankfully I built my collection up when I made 90% of the family income (now I make about 10%). She'll outlive me though most likely, and get some money selling them off, so it will even out in the end.... :)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Lots of ways.......had a doggie door in the basement with a ramp down to the floor.....I used to slide em through the doggie door and down the ramp.....then it was, "had this worked on"..then , after about 50 to 75 guns even I didn't notice when I was bringing in a new gun, "what? New?"

One thing for sure, after you retire and only if you did everything right...as to pension, ss, savings, no bills, etc....that when you sell a gun, it's FREE money......figure, you no longer have to save, you have everything you want and need, kids are on their own.....so when a couple of G's come in, it's PLAY time......yea, you got 3 chainsaws...go get another.....yea, the tires are good for another 20 thousand miles...who cares? ...get new ones. :D

and when you buy something in the tool category, it's no longer the Home Depot house brand..it's DeWalt....you get it!

Fun...fun...fun....everyday....fun.....---6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

When I was a kid, my old man left a model 70 featherweight in a closet at his mother's house for 2 years. I wasn't even smart enough to blackmail him. :D

I live right behind my parents. Our properties join. This has been great. I can always just come and go with whatever gun. I just say, "this was over dad's", or vise versa or whatever. Thirty years later, we can't remember who's guns are who's in some cases. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

My wife never pays attention to a new gun I bring into the house. What she will notice is a new gun box. How is that? I don't understand it but I don't bring in the boxes any more.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Wow guys... So you've done it too...

I see I'm in good company!!! :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

My ex-wife simply couldn't remember all of the guns I had.

Very convenient, that........ :D

-Stretch
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Getting a new firearm past a female is relatively a piece of cake :o I have to ask permission from the police before I can even buy one..... :roll:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I have to admit it was kind of fun sneaking guns in as my wife is suspicious by nature and not much gets past her except a few guns here and there :mrgreen:
Fisher-Price
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Fisher-Price »

I only get questioned when I sit around and play with them, then she knows it’s new if I can’t keep my hands off of it. Of course then I say I sold 2 to get this one I’m upgrading collection.

As far as going in and out of the house, case, no case rifle, pistol one of each, shotguns, I’m always taking one or 3 in and out to the barn back to house etc. she doesn’t even look.

Once you get enough, or aplenty I should say, they don’t know the difference.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Once you get enough, or aplenty I should say, they don’t know the difference.
Exactly! :lol:

-Stretch
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old No7 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:50 pmWow guys... So you've done it too...I see I'm in good company!!! :wink:
.... or maybe, ‘bad’ company.... :twisted:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

Wow! after reading all of yall's post, I do not feel guilty about how I get a new gun inside my house. Most times I leave in the trunk and bring in when she's gone or in bed. Welcome to our world I've been told. Sometimes , getting them in past the house dick is half the fun. :D
gforce 12ga semi
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

In my younger days, when my wife did somehow figure out I had a new gun, I would grovel & beg forgiveness. The snack bar would be closed for awhile, but I still had the gun :wink:
MingoKid
Levergunner 1.0

Post by MingoKid »

I feel much better now. You all are my people!

Seriously, you have to get to the point where another firearm isn't noticed by the uninterested. Then, just bring it in from work with your other things and make it to your office without being noticed. You're home free!
I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Here is I do it....We have ben Married for 39 1/2 years....I walk in the house with the gun in hand...or if I ordered it I simply say " I got another gun "...She says O.K. and if it isn't over 3k she says O.K and that's it. I've worked since 1964 and I try to get what I want. easy as Sunday Morning. :lol: .
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Over the years I have bought quite a few guns, well more than that, anyway if I come dragging something in she'll say "OOhhh, what did you get, can we go shoot it"?.

Can't imagine living any other way.
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

Mine just rolls her eyes. She says that as long as there is food on the table, her clothes are decent, house and car is in good shape, that its my money and I can buy what I wish. She knows I am too cheap to buy anything really expensive anyhow.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

too bad I can't sneak a girlfriend in that away's. :oops:
gforce 12ga semi
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Molasses
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Molasses »

stretch wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:52 pm My ex-wife simply couldn't remember all of the guns I had.

Very convenient, that........ :D

-Stretch
Heck,I can't remember everything I have. :lol:

Smuggled one in last weekend. Brand new Miroku/Winchester '73 short rifle in .357. I'd looked at it a few days earlier, looked around some on the Interwebs and suddenly realized that they had it priced at 2/3s of what I was seeing online and decided that if it was still there at my next chance to stop by, it was coming home with me.

Sweet Tooth likes to keep odd hours; she'd been up pretty much all night and must've zonked out the moment I stepped out to go shopping. Walked into the house with the new one like it was just another bag of groceries. Would've willingly taken my lumps if she'd been up and paying attention, but when opportunity doesn't just knock, but beats me over the head...
Molasses
SASS #925 Life
NRA Life
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

When I go to a gun show out of town I take up to a half dozen gun cases. Some have guns in them I'm interested in selling, and some are empty. When I come home I've got the same number of cases. So nothing changes as the cases leave or return. No guns sold or bought, as far as anyone knows.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/