Keystone mini mosin

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Keystone mini mosin

Post by barbarossa »

Anyone shoot one of the keystone mini mosion rifles I m thinking of getting one to add to the military trainer collection just for the fun of it
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Keystone mini mosin

Post by 2ndovc »

I've been waiting for them to hit the streets. So far there's only one on Gunbroker, I thought I'd wait for a few more to bee listed, maybe for a little less $ but plan on getting one.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I just looked at the website. Looks like a fun .22 rifle.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
historicfirearms
Levergunner

Post by historicfirearms »

I handled one in a LGS. It was pretty cool almost an exact looking miniature. I almost bought it but decided not because it was pretty awkward to hold in the shooting position. I still might buy one just for the neatness factor.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Yes it is on the small side that is why I would like to hold one in my hands before I decide to buy one
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The size is the one thing that puts me off, it looks tiny compared to the real thing. Did the USSR ever build a Mosin trainer in .22 LR :?:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

There is the polish WZ trainer that looks a lot like a mosin but I m hesitant to buy one online because there can be a problem with their extractors that can cause headspace problems and there are few spare parts
Last edited by barbarossa on Thu May 07, 2020 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Barbarossa, I looked up the Polish WZ trainer and understand your reason for not getting one. A similar type of extractor is used on the Webley .22 smooth bore garden gun. I occasionally shot sub sonics with no problem until one day I FOOLISHLY loaded a Remington yellow jacket, the case ruptured and bent the flat spring that the extractor ran on. Took quite a while to get it working properly as spares are not only rare but more expensive than the gun…
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Ya I think I m going to give up on the mosin idea and purchase this Geco sportsbuche it s in excellent shape and I can actually get it cheaper the the keystone mini mosin and it s similar to my Mauser ES 350 b that I have
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I like that, looks like a usable rifle, that mini Mosin just looks a bit too toy like to me. The Polish WZ looks cool but that extractor would put me off for sure.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

11.5" length of pull, no wonder it's only 2.8 pounds. It's obviously for the Mosin nut who's got a 5 year old who wants to shoot "a rifle just like daddy's". Still quite interesting, but have enough 22's (yeah, right), including short ones for the grandkids.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com