Remington R51

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Remington R51

Post by 4t5 »

looking to get one, since the re-issue, wondering if anyone here has one of recent manufacture, and how you like it?
Rumble.com/ hickock45
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Remington R51

Post by M. M. Wright »

I've owned several of the original model 51s and really like them so when the new 9mm ones were finally perfected I bought one. Terribly disappointed. It is just so much bigger and nowhere near the feel of the originals which were advertised as fitting your hand like the hand of a friend. Still have a couple of the original 380s and really like the way they handle but the new ones are NOT pocket pistols. In fairness it worked fine and was as accurate as most 9s. I expected the same size and feel and it just wasn't there so I gave it to one of my grandsons who admired it.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I have one of the new ones. It's a great shooter but a little bigger than my S&w Shield so I don't carry it much. It's become one of my "Stash" guns around the house.
jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

thanks guys!
Rumble.com/ hickock45
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I bought one in January and like shooting it. It has less muzzle rise then other 9's and easier to get back on target. I like it better than I thought I would.