"Cleaning The Garage" during Shelter-In-Place

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

"Cleaning The Garage" during Shelter-In-Place

Post by Old No7 »

No wonder why I'm not making any progress! :wink:

Old No7

( Click image to enlarge )
Garage Cleaning.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Re: "Cleaning The Garage" during Shelter-In-Place

Post by Bronco »

That explains a lot :mrgreen:
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. I got this hanging over my head too. I guess I just won't think about it now. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

True.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bearskinner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bearskinner »

23476135-794E-44CB-8B8C-5DC278377526.jpeg
Spent two days clearing all of winters piled up stuff, goal was to get it all up and open up the floor to have working and driving room. Half a day moving things a day and a half finding things I didn’t know were lost.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“YOU CAN’T SHOOT A BIG ONE IF YOU SHOOT A LITTlE ONE FIRST”
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

You never need any of that stuff until You throw it away........ :lol: been there and done it. :oops: .
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

.45colt wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:58 am You never need any of that stuff until You throw it away........ :lol: been there and done it. :oops: .
OK....I'm semi-old (65) and have always tended to keep what is still good or serviceable....and when I do throw something away, I'll strip it for the bolts etc........and your right.....many times I never needed it until I threw it away and it was something I had to think about as to why....

It's very simple.....what I just threw away was fresh in my mind...never knew it was there before....I've found stuff/junk with my metal detector that was 200 years old and said, "dang, I can use that.

It's our age group..we had little growing up...today's younguns throw everything out and buy new.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OldWin wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:46 am Yeah. I got this hanging over my head too. I guess I just won't think about it now. :D

If I remember correctly when I was taking pictures of my garage TWO years ago you said the same thing.... 2 years? :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Jay Bird wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:10 pm
OldWin wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:46 am Yeah. I got this hanging over my head too. I guess I just won't think about it now. :D

If I remember correctly when I was taking pictures of my garage TWO years ago you said the same thing.... 2 years? :D
Ha! I make an Olympic sport out of lazy.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

So true! :lol: :lol: :lol:
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

That reminds me....I need to do that......again
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

The problem with getting clean and organized is it takes to long to find stuff after wards. Now if you only do the equivalent amount of 2 mallwart bags a week, your brain has time to remember and adjust to it! As Always YMMV Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Those of you who have the option of cleaning the garage, loading, or doing other things during this virus shutdown should count your blessings! I took all that for granted until recently.
After having stomach problems for well over a month I ended up in ER last week, and tests show a large gallstone. But the virus rules say they can't operate now, so I'm stuck laying around and on a liquid diet until it either gets to a point it's life threatening, or the quarantine is over and they are allowed to operate again.
I'd love to clean my garage, or do any of the stuff I took for granted!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Marlin, I feel for you. I didn't have stones but my gall bladder went bad on me and it was very painful. Took me about six months to figure out what was going on because the pain was very low until later. I hated waiting the two weeks for my surgery. I have rodents in my garage that I need to eradicate and glad it's not attached to the house. Little buggers have chewed holes in the rubber seal on the bottom of the door so they can get in and out.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

hondo1892 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:07 pm Marlin, I feel for you. I didn't have stones but my gall bladder went bad on me and it was very painful. Took me about six months to figure out what was going on because the pain was very low until later. I hated waiting the two weeks for my surgery. I have rodents in my garage that I need to eradicate and glad it's not attached to the house. Little buggers have chewed holes in the rubber seal on the bottom of the door so they can get in and out.
I've had stomach issues for well over a year, but kept getting diagnosed with acid reflux, or some other stomach issue. As the pain got worse they really didn't seem to know, or maybe care? if it was bad. Until it reached the level of needing morphine to dull the pain in ER, they just didn't run the right test. The CT scan immediately showed the issue. But now I have to wait until my gallbladder gets "life threatening" before they'll operate.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Jay Bird wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:07 pm
.45colt wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:58 am You never need any of that stuff until You throw it away........ :lol: been there and done it. :oops: .
OK....I'm semi-old (65) and have always tended to keep what is still good or serviceable....and when I do throw something away, I'll strip it for the bolts etc........and your right.....many times I never needed it until I threw it away and it was something I had to think about as to why....

It's very simple.....what I just threw away was fresh in my mind...never knew it was there before....I've found stuff/junk with my metal detector that was 200 years old and said, "dang, I can use that.

It's our age group..we had little growing up...today's younguns throw everything out and buy new.
Once upon a time about fifty years ago my grandfather loaded up some stuff and took it out to put in the junk pile in the woods . About a month later we were back out there retrieving a couple things :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !