Counterfeit Leupold Scope on ebay

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Counterfeit Leupold Scope on ebay

Post by Old No7 »

Yeah, I'd heard they were now counterfeiting Leupold Scopes over in you-know-where, but I'd never seen one before. That is, until I did a search for a low-power small objective Leupold scope that I need for a combo gun (12 gauge over 222 Rem).

I added the boxes in green, since the seller used so much red in their eBay listing -- gee, does anyone really think the shipping location is legit ? ? ?
( Click image to enlarge )
Counterfeit Leupold 01.jpg

(No, I'm not asking -- I'm just poking fun at the listing -- which really isn't fun at all for Leupold, or for our industrial base or national security for that matter...)

You'd think that if someone went through all of the trouble to copy, I mean counterfeit, a reputable product -- that at least they'd spell a key part of the product correctly!?!? LOL...
( Click image to enlarge )
Counterfeit Leupold 02.jpg

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood, but this really makes me MAD.

If this was a small town, I'd like to see the Sheriff round all the counterfeit makers up and lock them in stocks to be captured by the head and hands outside in all weather for a few days while we taunted them and threw rotten vegetables and feces at them................................... And then lost the keys.

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Counterfeit Leupold Scope on ebay

Post by AJMD429 »

I hate to see that, but such counterfeits have been around for centuries. :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

The real problem is here we consider such work dishonest and a crime and over there they consider enterprising and worthwhile.

Not all capitalism is the same.

Wm
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

especially if shipped from china!. I have ordered cheap cheap stuff from amazon that was coming over on a row boat, only to never receive it. They refunded my money and never saw a package.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ndcowboy »

I saw one of these for sale on a local auction. It was a $74 scope ordered off the internet - they got $375 at the auction! Buyer beware.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Don't look now, but you've probably got a lot of folks scratching their heads right now and wondering what's misspelled about "abjective"...
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Pisgah wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:43 am Don't look now, but you've probably got a lot of folks scratching their heads right now and wondering what's misspelled about "abjective"...
....then they are living in abject ignorance.....
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have seen people purchase genuine faux items. Sometimes they are unaware of what faux means. Even at gun shows people purchase items which they should know better than to purchase. The genuine Leupold scopes are top quality, and are never cheap. OK, so I buy the Bushnell, Nikon, Vortex scopes and am pleased with what I have because they all are perfectly good for my type of hunting and shooting. I have never purchased a Leupold. HOWEVER, I am able to see a difference in quality when I look through the Leupold. Not knowingly having looked through a counterfeit one, I would like to think that I could see the difference. Sort of like looking at the factory bluing on a well cared for Smith & Wesson from 30 years ago versus the factory bluing on a Heritage revolver. They are both blue is where the similarity ends.

Could the counterfeit Leupold be any better than a Tasco or a Redfield scope? Or, even as good? If not, then I would be embarrassed to be found with one.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:32 am I hate to see that, but such counterfeits have been around for centuries. :|
Those fake Maytags from the 1500s were really sketchy. :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

What about the fake Frigidaires from the 1700s? Didn't George Washington beat someone up for selling a fake refrigerator tlo Martha? :lol:
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I don't know if it's still there, but at one time on Leupold's website they had a warning about these counterfeit scopes that they had been getting in for warranty repairs.
I think the old adage applies here, if it sounds too good to be true.....
NRA Life Member
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

How do these idiots get this stuff in past Customs? Isn't Customs supposed to be trying to curtail fakes from China?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

TedH wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:43 pm I don't know if it's still there, but at one time on Leupold's website they had a warning about these counterfeit scopes that they had been getting in for warranty repairs.
I think the old adage applies here, if it sounds too good to be true.....
From Leupold's website:

"We strongly recommend against purchasing optics purporting to be Leupold products from www.wish.com, www.ioffer.com, www.aliexpress.com, and www.alibaba.com, among many others.

Leupold® is issuing a consumer alert to purchasers of Leupold riflescope products, particularly via internet sales, in regards to counterfeit Leupold products that are illegally imported from the People’s Republic of China. These fake products bear many of the trademarks and trade dress of current Leupold & Stevens riflescopes, and are sometimes difficult to distinguish externally from authentic Leupold products.

Common counterfeit scopes purport to be Mark 4 riflescopes, VX-III riflescopes, Prismatic riflescopes, CQ/T riflescopes, LCO sights, and Deltapoint Pro sights. These counterfeits are regularly returned to us for service due to failures; however, counterfeit products are not manufactured by Leupold and are not covered by the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee.

We do not provide service for counterfeit products."

Gee, "returned to us for service due to failures" -- who would'a thought?!?!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Joe Reilly
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Joe Reilly »

I think it must be mine. Got a call today claiming to be from the Chinese Embassy saying that my order had been delayed. Just press "O" to transfer me straight to the embassy to get it straightened out, then some gibberish I assumed was Chinese. I hung up.
NRA Benefactor Member

My mind is like a steel trap,
rusty and illegal in 37 states.