The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Larkbill »

JOG wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:00 pm Anybody have a newer Marlin with that dam red safety button on the receiver? I have a Jm 2006 1895 Marlin cowboy for a few months now and cant stand the safety! I received the blued safety delete from Beartooth Mercantile in the mail today. It took less than 48 hours to arrive. It took me 15 min to install due to the size of the microscopic screw. It sure looks a whole lot better! Now I need to replace the finger lever plunger spring or plunger. It's smooth the full length of movement when racking the lever. When opening or closing the lever you here a pop! I can do it with my fingers in the lever without to much of a problem. When it's on the shoulder it pretty tough! I put a little grease on the plunger sticking out of the lever. It helps lighten it up for a short time. Tomorrow I'll put 20 round's of 45-70 thru the Marlin cowboy if it's not to cold! If it's around 20 degrees with no wind that would be great! There is about 15 or so inches of crusty snow in the woods. By the time I walk in my shooting spot I have to relax and breath a while before shooting. Good exercise anyway!
http://marauder.homestead.com/files/TUNING_M_1894.htm

This is what I followed to clean up the new 336 I traded for last summer. It really made a difference. Much smoother now. I didn't do much to the trigger because I'm swapping it with my son to use for his deer gun and get my .30-30 Remington 788 back. The cross bolt safety doesn't bother me so I left that.
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

OK Fred....I get it.......it's not MY board so I had better follow the rules........I'll go to church this week, then come back and quote some scriptures like the other guys so I too, can join the bandwagon on the moral high road. I'll learn to pray and wish everyone the best and feel sorry for their losses. ........

Ya never know when Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, the Coumo brothers or even the self proclaimed pope himself, Governor Newsome might be reading my disgusting thoughts about flatulence....

Oh! Wait a minute! I did all that religious stuff growing up..... :D .......sayonara.---------006
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:53 pm OK Fred....I get it.......it's not MY board so I had better follow the rules........I'll go to church this week, then come back and quote some scriptures like the other guys so I too, can join the bandwagon on the moral high road. I'll learn to pray and wish everyone the best and feel sorry for their losses. ........

Ya never know when Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, the Coumo brothers or even the self proclaimed pope himself, Governor Newsome might be reading my disgusting thoughts about flatulence....

Oh! Wait a minute! I did all that religious stuff growing up..... :D .......sayonara.---------006
Real classy, Sir, real classy.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

HIP HIP HOORAY- more snow last night. Now I have to plow again before going to work
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Larkbill wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:49 pm
JOG wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:00 pm Anybody have a newer Marlin with that dam red safety button on the receiver? I have a Jm 2006 1895 Marlin cowboy for a few months now and cant stand the safety! I received the blued safety delete from Beartooth Mercantile in the mail today. It took less than 48 hours to arrive. It took me 15 min to install due to the size of the microscopic screw. It sure looks a whole lot better! Now I need to replace the finger lever plunger spring or plunger. It's smooth the full length of movement when racking the lever. When opening or closing the lever you here a pop! I can do it with my fingers in the lever without to much of a problem. When it's on the shoulder it pretty tough! I put a little grease on the plunger sticking out of the lever. It helps lighten it up for a short time. Tomorrow I'll put 20 round's of 45-70 thru the Marlin cowboy if it's not to cold! If it's around 20 degrees with no wind that would be great! There is about 15 or so inches of crusty snow in the woods. By the time I walk in my shooting spot I have to relax and breath a while before shooting. Good exercise anyway!
http://marauder.homestead.com/files/TUNING_M_1894.htm

This is what I followed to clean up the new 336 I traded for last summer. It really made a difference. Much smoother now. I didn't do much to the trigger because I'm swapping it with my son to use for his deer gun and get my .30-30 Remington 788 back. The cross bolt safety doesn't bother me so I left that.
Thank you Larkbill! I'll go over this and see if I could smooth things out on the 1895 Marlin.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thats a good piece of info there, worth saving as its easy for as he said , amateur gummsmiff.

Ugh what a day. Replacing door slabs. Not one jamb was plumb or square, floors out in every direction! We had to cut each door for width and some had to be cut out of square.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

That sounds like a project I got roped into back in the 70's. Hired on to help an "old guy", I think he was mid 60's, work on the house he was fixing up. I was raising hogs at the time and figured anything that gave me a break from them was a step in the right direction. Oops.

Half the bottom floor was originally a two room log cabin, the rest was rough sawed local red oak. There were no square corners, no level floors or plumb anything. Plus it was 100 years old and turned nails like steel plate. You have my sympathy.
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:43 am HIP HIP HOORAY- more snow last night. Now I have to plow again before going to work

What our local Cupcakes called The Killer Snow Storm, after 12 hours of it, has just about covered the grass. :roll:
"Deepfreeze" might get down to 22 tonight.
These people out here never had a real winter. :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Got down to 27 here and then it rained. In Ft Worth a FedEx truck caused an accident. Last I heard 75 cars involved and 5 to 7 people dead. People around here get mad at me for my complaints about the drivers driving too fast for conditions. I have been told; "I only spun out. No big deal.".
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:43 am HIP HIP HOORAY- more snow last night. Now I have to plow again before going to work
GunnyMack,
I saw on the New Jersey news that Chris Christie is plowing the N.J. Turnpike. They sprayed him with silicone and have him sitting on a low boy flatbed with the truck driving in reverse.

The Bird.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

piller wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:53 pm Got down to 27 here and then it rained. In Ft Worth a FedEx truck caused an accident. Last I heard 75 cars involved and 5 to 7 people dead. People around here get mad at me for my complaints about the drivers driving too fast for conditions. I have been told; "I only spun out. No big deal.".
Not just there Piller, these knuckleheads here can't stay on their side of the road when it's clear and dry! Around here there is a lot of high banks along the roads, can only put snow so high before it can't go anymore, roads get narrower and the drivers just keep going way too fast.

Dunno about him being used as a snow plow but he oughtta be picking up trash along the Turnpike!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Colt sold to CZ ... those holding Colt's could be looking at appreciation.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:52 am Colt sold to CZ ... those holding Colt's could be looking at appreciation.
Well, if that's the case, Old Win. is going to be a billionaire because I only have one Colt left after his visit....a rusty dug up .22 of some sort.....

After a certain age, money means nothing, especially if you (in your own mind) have "been there and done that". Health is the number one "bragging machine".

Still neat to brag though...this is the only (only) Colt Sporter A2 to leave the factory with a full 100% electroless nickel finish....my son got the only tiger stripe camo one from me...but he ain't gettin' this one.....still has the archives vault tag on it.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Right now, you could sell that for twice its weight in gold. Heck, you could sell it for 50,000 rounds of 5.56 or 9mm. I like the look of it. Is it unfired?
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Nope...it's not unfired......I have examined and owned a dozen Colts that came directly out of their archives vault and they were all fired...not much.......after applying a new finish or some other alternation they were fired and then examined by the engineers....then quietly put away until my bud, who had a Carte Blanche to take whatever he wanted. This one would probably go for $7500

Some years back, about 20 he handed me a prototype 1911 that was one of the first 1911A1's to be made....factory letter had it at 1924. It had the "X" serial number......he says to me,"ya want it? 3 g's".......I was more into Winchesters and single action Colts at the time.........I could go on for hours on the neat stuff I saw.......even a single action in 44 magnum.....another single action was fully engraved with a screwless frame......my bud says to me.....this was in the early days of the Internet.......you get me $5,000 for it and you keep the rest.....I advertised it at $6,000 (legal mind you, through the gunshop.....so don't any whiner/losers go crying to the ATF...ooooooooo, he's dealing in firearms...loser).........it sold in one day.

Well, onto another subject.....you watch the news with Donald Trump's new lead lawyer in his second scam impeachment...Bruce Castor?....my wife used to know him on a first name basis and I know him to talk.......when we were teenagers he was a small time local yokel cop and used to frequent the diner my wife's uncle owned....(by the way, that diner is now in California).....Bruce would come in there and was the most polite cop my wife, then girlfriend ever talked to...extremely straight laced....no swearing, all by the book...the other cops would laugh at him telling him he was not cut out to be a cop......the rest is history.....

Still remember one snowy night we were outside the diner drinking beer and having a snowball fight.....the other cops would join in and laugh, drink, whatever.....but not Bruce! He would tell us our parents would not approve of such behavior and to be careful.

He's a good guy, liberal by nature.......

Well, had a disaster with the lathe last night.......I was making a small nightstick and that baby came flying off across the basement.---6

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I know a Sergeant in the Texas Highway Patrol. George is as straight laced and honest as you could ever ask anyond to be. He is a former Marine. George's wife Rosemary likes go drive fast. She got stopped and the HyPo let her off with a warning. George told the Corporal to treat her the same as everyone else. The next time, she got a ticket. She was mad at George for a while.
D. Brian Casady
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, what diner, where in California? Guy Fieri had a story like that on recently.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:03 pm Six, what diner, where in California? Guy Fieri had a story like that on recently.
Fred,
The Birmingham Grille belonged to my wife's uncle and it was originally on the corner of Rt. 1 & Rt. 202. They started it after the war then when the intersection was made bigger they moved it down the road about a mile sometime in the sixties. It's where I met my wife at.....then after her uncle died they moved it to California and renamed it The Truckee Grill.....

Back in the day my wife used to wait on the Johnston gang ....the infamous gang who stole tractors and killed people...including his step son and real son...(the real son was shot 8 times but lived) Hollywood made a movie on it called "At Close Range" she said they were the most polite people you ever talked to and always left a big tip. I don't know how but I got one of their John Deere tractors and the cops came to take it a few years later.....(so they say, I thought it was a neighbors tractor that my FIL bought for me) I took the cops to court and got my tractor back...took me five years and twice in money on what the tractor was worth but it was a great feeling beating those bast...rds.....

Pagens would come in every night...a murder happened there next door at truck diesel station....one time the Pagens came into the diner and started shooting...bullets whizzed right past mom.......we had a lot of great memories from that wild place.

Here's a pic of it in your state....obviously renamed.....I used to walk through those doors near every night. I can't find no original pictures of the place when it was here
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh Guuuunnnnnyyyyyy! What do you think of my $80 estate lathe.....been sitting here for ten years so today I hooked up a motor and played a bit.......no bearings, just a polished spindle.....the part for spinning metal and the four jaw chuck are off in the background......
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

piller wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:31 pm I know a Sergeant in the Texas Highway Patrol. George is as straight laced and honest as you could ever ask anyond to be. He is a former Marine. George's wife Rosemary likes go drive fast. She got stopped and the HyPo let her off with a warning. George told the Corporal to treat her the same as everyone else. The next time, she got a ticket. She was mad at George for a while.

If that happened in my house I'd find another place to sleep for fear of a hatchet getting buried in my head

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

FRED!!!. It's the same diner! I looked up their website and on it they say it was built in 1948. I'll be danged!!!

I asked mom and she said it's now called the Truckee Diner. They have a website and we just looked at it. She said she heard the bullet holes are still in it...one near the register and several more to the left side.

When it was here there was a small dining room off of the right hand side.....as your looking at it from the front......they obviously took that part off.

Ain't dat somethin! I believe it was blue when it was here......from here to the land of fruits and nuts!

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Thanks, diners were a favorite place growing up in NJ - the Florence Diner and the Burlington Diner. Great cheese steaks, not the Philly kind where are hey over do everything. Truckee is about 8 hrs from here.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:54 am Thanks, diners were a favorite place growing up in NJ - the Florence Diner and the Burlington Diner. Great cheese steaks, not the Philly kind where are hey over do everything. Truckee is about 8 hrs from here.
Here's that diner guy you were talking about

https://jaxtruckee.com/

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I spent lots of my childhood near Truckee! My grandmother lived in Woodfords. I still remember standing on the bridge across the Truckee River by Lake Tahoe and seeing huge trout swimming around.
Six that lathe will be handy to have! Yes there are wood lathes and metal working. Big differences in them! A metal lathe is much more precise in its making, heavier by design to prevent machine movement. You can put a wood lathe on a set of saw horses, a good production metal lathe will need 6-12" of solid concrete under it. What you have there is a very basic wood lathe.

We finished early yesterday. I got home and decided it was a good day to do the drive belt change on the Ranger. A YouTube video explained it. Eight 5/16" bolts gets the cover loose, was more trouble getting the cover out than changing the belt. Anyhow I bought a new belt, called the BAD *** belt, designed for low range mud bogging/ big tires/ serious off road use. I figure that should be just the ticket for pushing snow. Stinking belt was 120 bucks! Seems like a whole lot less clutch slippage.

Wow look at the weather map! Texas is gonna get cold, snow and ice this week!

Gotta go start the shop stove!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Guys! That is so cool! What a story.
I grew up by the big tree. Right down the road from the other big tree. They cut one down and hauled it to the mill.
Maybe one of you guys wiped your butt with it.
See! We got a connection too! :D
Seriously. Things happen in other places like that. Nothing happens here. Maybe a moose walking through your garden.

Six,
Get that lathe going buddy! I've always wanted to pick up a Bridgeport. So much you can do with a lathe and a Bridgeport. There is a freedom in it.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

A buddy of mine was GIVEN 2 Bridgeports! He set one up in his shop and offered the other to me. I have no place to put it other than the garage- no room for it and getting the cars in. Besides i would have had to cut out part of the floor and put in a deeper footing. This buddy's wife is from Guatemala, her brother is a machinist there, his machines are literally outside under a tarp, wired directly to the power pole!

If I had a lathe & a mill I'd never leave the house other than to pick up cutting oil and test new rifles !! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

There you go, a diner goes west!

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Got my limit- was ice fishing!
20210207_102942.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Be careful frying it up ;-)

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:47 am Guys! That is so cool! What a story.
I grew up by the big tree. Right down the road from the other big tree. They cut one down and hauled it to the mill.
Maybe one of you guys wiped your butt with it.
See! We got a connection too! :D
That was just what I needed! ....I'm reading it and I'm thinking, "what the F is he talking about, "big tree?"... :D That was a good five minute laugh......

Ain't dat somethin'!!!! Even the Gunny knows Truckee......that's three of us now with a connection...let's gets Jay to ride his snowmobile there and we will have dinner together....(I-70 might be a little rough on the cleats)

I walked through those doors probably 5-600 times. I used to get my face full of food and pay for it with a five dollar bill and get $20 back in change.....every night..... :D those people had so much money they could choke a whale with it.....Her uncle would buy a new Lincoln Mark V ((with the little oval windows in the back) for each of his girlfriends and he changed girlfriends every six months after he wore em out.....they were card games in the basement where the winner would litterly have to put the cash in a bag....

Those days were just about lawless and as long as you didn't shoot somebody the cops left you alone.....they didn't care as they were most all on the take.

One time I was drinker than a skunk and drove my 68 RS-SS Camaro with the hideaway lights up on a curb and the rear wheels were spinning in the air and a local cop comes by and says, "what the F you doing? He laughed and pushed the car off the curb for me, reached in the ash tray and took the joint I had and told me to be careful driving home.

It really ain't no fun today....unless your black and a rioter.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny...are they what you call "white fish" ......they will work.....if you paint them black they will sink and blame you for it.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah these whitefish are going to have jobs- these are going to be pool markers at the club. Actually last weekend I cut them out of 1x10 pvc. This morning I traced stencil numbers on each, 1-9 and then free handed the trace lines with the router making the numbers inset. Black paint ( only color i had) in the number to make it visible. So now im half dozing half watching Band of Brothers while the paint dries.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:46 pmGot my limit- was ice fishing!20210207_102942.jpg
:lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

MY President is a free man.....I bet he's sitting around laughing his butt off.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:25 pm MY President is a free man.....I bet he's sitting around laughing his butt off.
The Demoncrats decided to not call witnesses because someone let them know that if they did, then President Trump's Lawyers could call witnesses. The Demoncrats could not survive that.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Piller...I heard that the Republican list of witnesses was 300!!!! I would have loved that....like a 6 month trial knowing the outcome anyway.....

Contest.....who dis be? :D I got some strange buddies...he sent this today.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That pic suits her to a T.

Seems we had some freezing rain over night. Driveway is slick but was able to walk on it this morning. Guess I'll have to get some salt/sand spread today. Rain and 43* Tuesday then more snow ! This keeps up we are going to have snow on the ground til June. :lol:

Wow-6* in Amarillo Texas this morning! Gonna be a bunch problems down there from this.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

HAHAHA
image055.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I hop you hop we all hop to hip hop.......older acquaintance of mine stopped over last spring to show me his new hand....just a stump with a thumb......he laughed so I laughed......got it caught in a chipper.........I told him, "well Don, at least I don't have to worry about you giving me the finger from that hand anymore.........he laughed, pulled out his thing, and says, "how's this for a salute?" Yea....been around some crazy dudes in my time..

Ain't much fun anymore....seems like the guys I all knew are either dead or in an insane asylum, a few did their time ..."Nunya & Argo" .......the ones who are still around just are not fun to be around......deadheads......boring........couch potatoes.......personality of a carrot......like that guy below......

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm sure you guys remember the guy in Connecticut that got sent to prison for chipping up his wife back in the 80s. Well that guy was a pilot with Eastern Airlines. My Dad knew him as they flew together for many years. He got caught because he didn't bother to hose out the chipper!

Anyhow, neighbor just called wondering if I can move a pile of snow so she can get an oil delivery. Yes I put the snow there , but your yard wasn't a junk yard I might not have to put snow close to that part of the house. Ill go see what if anything I can do.

The whitefish are complete-
20210214_085648.jpg
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Thought they were ice. Foster Brooks said he and his brother went ice fishing and got 200 lbs. Said they darn near drown frying it up.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Foster Brooks, another great entertainer!

Six are you ok? You're looking a little green around the gills! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That was funny.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ha...ha.....ha.....the green guy is stuffing his face with nacho cheese....."that's not yo cheese man!"

Yea.....there's always a pig in the neighborhood ......another buddy of mine is a landscaper and he dropped one client because it took him more time to mow around the junk than the yard itself.

On a bright subject I have been recycling my metal cans, plastic and glass for decades......in honor of Joe and Camel winning the White House I have decided to burn all of my plastics to help the environment.....I was thinking of having a neighborhood "burn a tire day". It's easy..just throw a little diesel in an old tire and light it...once it starts it's a bugger to put out.

My SIL was doing that one time to pee off a neighbor who was having a party....she had a great fire with the black smoke blowing right at them all around the pool. We were standing and LOAO. It's a great way to make a liberal going down the road do a rubber neck.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Rough crowd you run with ;-)

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

San Francisco could probably use some tires to burn in order to cover the stink of the human digestive system end product all over town.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah if ever we need the San Andreas fault to wake up it's now, just let it all slide under the waves...

Looks like Dallas is snow covered! With more to come. We are in the ice warning now, I don't like ice! Went to fill a couple gas cans yesterday just to be ready if the power goes out. I've found that if I have all of my cans filled the power stays on. 27 gallons in cans + the 8 in the generator + 9 in the Ranger if I have to siphon as a last resort.

Years ago one of the family friends would set up lights around their pond for ice skating. In the middle of the pond he would start a bonfire and toss on a tire. That's how farmers got rid of em.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Weekends over! Jay is back! Where to start......?

Burnin' tires.....
When we was kids, every weekend we had pit parties. A buddy that used to wheel with us was a Vietnam vet and owned a tire shop in town. We bought all our mudders and wheels off him.
On Friday afternoon, we'd go up and raid the dumpster for all kinds of tires and haul em to the pit for the weekend festivities. After dark, we'd all head out and torch the pile, then stand around drinking beer. Some moron was always wrecking a truck in the pit by "tirelight".
We also used to get in the dumpster for tires that would hold air. We'd mount em up and put em in the rear of our trucks or muscle cars. Then we'd go play "burn em till they blow". This saved our good tires.
We had some good times. I feel sorry for kids today.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The kids today are probably a result of our generation burning tires, spraying 'good' pesticides! :lol:

Had to take Mom out to grocery shop, go to start the car and click,click,click- dead battery! Not quite 4 years old, doesn't get enough use!
Got home and decided to dig out my trailer( in case we thaw enough to bird hunt) snow blower running rough but it worked itself out. Trailer can now be gotten to.
So I just went down to the basement, flip on a light and a few bad words preceded 'water on the floor'. Looks like the pressure relief valve has given its all. Call the oil burner man, if the weather holds off he will be here tomorrow.

I've lost the desire to start inletting today...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!