Anyone have any Hornady 30-30 Whitetail Ammo?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Anyone have any Hornady 30-30 Whitetail Ammo?

Post by Canuck Bob »

I'm laid up a bit and can't get to the LGS. I'm considering some of these cartridges for my 30-30 from the internet. I like Hornady brass so that will offset the cost of factory fodder. I've been warned that even the non FTX stuff comes with short brass. I think the 30-30 FTX is not a trimmed case but thought I should try and check. Could someone measure a case for me please? The trim to length is 2.030 and length is 2.040 I believe. Also does it use Hornady head stamps or something else?

Thanks,
Bob
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Re: Anyone have any Hornady 30-30 Whitetail Ammo?

Post by Canuck Bob »

Well luck intervened. A local deal developed for 4 boxes of 30-30 Leverevolution and 11 boxes of Zombie Max. The cases are headstamped Hornady and the loaded cases measure the trim length of 2.30". I'm certain the only difference between Zombie Max and standard Leverevolution is the greem gummy tip.

I emailed Hornady and they confirmed that they only use standard Hornady brass in their ammo. The Hornady cases are approaching $70 for 50 in 30-30. This loaded ammo deal resulted in $50 for 50!
1894c

Re: Anyone have any Hornady 30-30 Whitetail Ammo?

Post by 1894c »

life is good when it all comes together... :)