Randall

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Randall

Post by cshold »

Knife.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Randall

Post by Old Savage »

Yours? Nice.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Handy to have - a Model 4 Big Game & Skinner ?

I had a Model 25 Trapper, and a somewhat hard to find 3" Model 10 Fisherman, that I gave (one each) to my Grandsons.

One of the local FFL's has also been a Randall collector for many years - and has at least 50 in his collection, all models/sizes/eras.

He can determine about when one was made by the color & pattern of the spacers.

Molasses
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Molasses »

Got my order placed early last month. Only ~4 years to go before I get it!

The knowledge that I've got this coming (eventually) has done a lot to keep me from buying this knife, that knife, yet another knife that I've seen in the meantime. At this rate, I'll have saved more money by not buying other knives in the meantime than this one will cost...

From the confirmation E-mail:

Custom Randall Made™ Knife Order (#RMK01)
1 Knife Model Number: Sergeant's Model $370.00,
Customization 1: stag handle,
Customization 2: nickel silver single hilt,
Customization 3: nickel silver butt cap,
Name Etching: No,
Edited to add: the $370 was the basic cost for this model. The three customizations brought up the total by a fair bit, but I figured that this'll likely be the only one of these that I get, might as well make it special.
Molasses
SASS #925 Life
NRA Life
Molasses
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Molasses »

Forgot to say, nice knife, Casastahle.

Those rounds that are laying with it are what? .308 with a really long/heavy bullet? 6.5 M/S?
Molasses
SASS #925 Life
NRA Life
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Got my Holy Grail Randall a few years ago. When I wanted it the first time around they were impossible to get.

Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
PriseDeFer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PriseDeFer »

Sculpture on your hip.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Is it true that Randall puts deploying Military at the head of the line?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

IT MUST JUST BE ME, but I've never had a Randle knife I liked or felt any better in my hands that a chunk of 2X2. I much prefered the big BUCK knives [ 119, 120, 124..] and what I can do with a C/S TRAILMASTER or their Laredo Bowie must be seen to be believed and I was there to see it !
Down the street from where I am sitting the neightbor never EVER trims his bushes and they grow over and cover the sidewalk from the ground to seven feet upwards. Last week I walked down there with the C/S TM and waded into with a vengeance. Many of the limbs were an inch or more in diameter and I went through 'em all like PHHHFFF through a goose. IN no time there was a large pile of limbs to clean up and I swept 'em all over to the side for some one else to deal with.
This was the second or third time I've trimmed those bushes and it seems the edge on that CS/TM cannot be dulled. I touch it up afterwards on a diamond hone and put it away uncleaned. OH...I forgot to mention when I got it new I blued the blade with OXPHOBLUE and it look like a million bucks now if I do say so myself
LET me note also that my native American neighbors are really---REALLY!!---impressed with REALLY large knives swung by a really large Waseescho[sp] with a large smile. The kids there are just wonderful and they are like the grandkids I do not have here. I tought the biggest one how to ride his bike so we are really tight pals.

And so it goes...
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

BlaineG wrote:Is it true that Randall puts deploying Military at the head of the line?
Yes. I recall that at one time they'd do that for any active military member.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Terry Murbach wrote:IT MUST JUST BE ME, but I've never had a Randle knife I liked or felt any better in my hands that a chunk of 2X2. I much prefered the big BUCK knives [ 119, 120, 124..] and what I can do with a C/S TRAILMASTER or their Laredo Bowie must be seen to be believed and I was there to see it !
Down the street from where I am sitting the neightbor never EVER trims his bushes and they grow over and cover the sidewalk from the ground to seven feet upwards. Last week I walked down there with the C/S TM and waded into with a vengeance. Many of the limbs were an inch or more in diameter and I went through 'em all like PHHHFFF through a goose. IN no time there was a large pile of limbs to clean up and I swept 'em all over to the side for some one else to deal with.
This was the second or third time I've trimmed those bushes and it seems the edge on that CS/TM cannot be dulled. I touch it up afterwards on a diamond hone and put it away uncleaned. OH...I forgot to mention when I got it new I blued the blade with OXPHOBLUE and it look like a million bucks now if I do say so myself
LET me note also that my native American neighbors are really---REALLY!!---impressed with REALLY large knives swung by a really large Waseescho[sp] with a large smile. The kids there are just wonderful and they are like the grandkids I do not have here. I tought the biggest one how to ride his bike so we are really tight pals.

And so it goes...
Terry, it's been forty years ago, but I found my big Buck blades sort of brittle. Broke one twisting inside a pelvis bone, and another by dropping it point first :( But: They DO take and hold an edge second to none.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Molasses wrote:Forgot to say, nice knife, Casastahle.

Those rounds that are laying with it are what? .308 with a really long/heavy bullet? 6.5 M/S?
Not my Randal or my ammo. "Molasses"
I just thought the picture was well done.
I use nothing but folders in the field anymore. :)
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Only Randall I have left is a full size model 10 I use when fishing. I like them personally but I use fixed blades outdoors only during hunting season and then it's smaller fixed blades for bushcraft skills, and a forged Bowie or two for woods walking. Rest of the time it's a leatherman and a benchmade folder.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

nice knives - thanks for showing
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

BlaineG wrote:Is it true that Randall puts deploying Military at the head of the line?
Yes they do. Another knife company Mission does the same thing. I wanted something light for the boys to take to Iraq. I liked the weight on their MPK-TI knives. I couldn't find them anywhere so I called the factory. The owner answered the phone. I explained the situation. He made sure they had the knives in their hands when the deployed. You don't get to meet good people like that often and it helps restore your faith in folks when you do.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

My dream knife is a Randall #12 Smithsonian Bowie with an ivory handle.

Someday. Someday...