.22 Issues A Thing In The Past

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

.22 Issues A Thing In The Past

Post by Sixgun »

Yep, it's all done. Targetmaster has the full line of everything in stock, with all of it sold in brick form or by the case. It will be a month or two but you boys out West will have it.

After me and my bud checked out the machine guns yesterday and then going home, I get a call and my bud wanted to know if I wanted some plinking ammo. I say's "sure, I don't like wasting my CCI Mini-Mags." So I cruise on down and he hands me a case of this stuff, some off the wall CCI ammo called "Green Tag". I guess the "green" means I' have the green light to go blasting at cans and rocks.

While I was there I filled out a 4473 on a Remington pump in 35, made in July of 1941 that looks like it just came off the assembly line.--------6

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Re: .22 Issues A Thing In The Past

Post by ollogger »

That's good some body has it!!!
was in Cheyenne Sat. I still have more stuff at home than I found down there
though they had a fair amount of center fire ammo,but that's not what makes a hand loader tick

For got to say very nice on the gun!!!

ollogger
Last edited by ollogger on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Yo Six!

Let me know when you get tired of that Rem 35!!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Is that 35 original or refinished?????????
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Green Tag is some of the most accurate .22 ammo I have found. It used to cost about double the price of other CCI .22`s. I still have a couple 100 rd. boxes that have been saved for my Remington 40X , It shoots one hole 5 shot groups at 50 yd with it. Good stuff! :D :D :D
Here is a target I shot with it@50yd.
BC in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BC in TN »

Six,

I'm green with envy :)
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Nice 35Rem 8)

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I never knew this green tag was something special. So.....it's the stuff the guys with the Anschutz rifles and BMW's use? I thought the stuff was junk as my bud just gave it to me. He even had one of his guys carry it out to the Jeep....Ole Yeller.

No wonder I never liked those snobby pelosi heads. I always hung with the rednecks who shoot cast bullets and other cheap forms of shooting.

Learn somethin' new everyday. :D

Jason....throw me a number that conincides with the date of manufacture and condition and we will talk on that 35. It really is like new....nice and crispy, tight action and plenty of varnish on the wood. But......you know I got to play with it first.-----6

jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Sixgun wrote:I never knew this green tag was something special. So.....it's the stuff the guys with the Anschutz rifles and BMW's use? I thought the stuff was junk as my bud just gave it to me. He even had one of his guys carry it out to the Jeep....Ole Yeller.
.-----6
You have a VERY, VERY good friend. :o

:D :D :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

jnyork wrote: You have a VERY, VERY good friend. :o

:D :D :D
Yay know somethin'? Today, I was at Targetmaster and we were in the office examining these $8,000 German SS daggers........I had no idea what these things are worth.......must have had 10 of them, they were all pre-war, dated in the mid to late thirties. They all had the SS marks and skull and crossbones on them. While looking at them, I thanked my bud for the previous day's "donations" and he tells me not to be concerned as I'm the only person he has ever known, as he says it, "to tell it like it is".

thats my motto.....your either "cool" or you live on sheep mountain, where the sheep walk with a limp. :D ------6

Ragnor
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Ragnor »

Nice 141! Takin it out to the woods this year?
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

Sixgun wrote:Yep, it's all done. Targetmaster has the full line of everything in stock, with all of it sold in brick form or by the case. It will be a month or two but you boys out West will have it.

After me and my bud checked out the machine guns yesterday and then going home, I get a call and my bud wanted to know if I wanted some plinking ammo. I say's "sure, I don't like wasting my CCI Mini-Mags." So I cruise on down and he hands me a case of this stuff, some off the wall CCI ammo called "Green Tag". I guess the "green" means I' have the green light to go blasting at cans and rocks.

While I was there I filled out a 4473 on a Remington pump in 35, made in July of 1941 that looks like it just came off the assembly line.--------6

Green tag really isn't plinking ammo - it's a fairly decent target ammo...... :shock:
Merle from PA
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

On my way to help my father Saturday to move some gravel , I had to stop by Wally World and pick up some things for him. On my way by the sporting goods counter I noticed three people standing line .They had 22 ammo in with a limit of 3 , CCi 40 gr 100 round boxes. Three came home with me.

Six the 141 in 35 Remington is on the list of future purchases . I see a nice example about once a year.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Good score.........again Six.

I've got some of that German WWII stuff. Its really cool. None of mine is SS but it was all stuff relatives picked up "on the job"

Don't feel bad, I never heard of "green tag" either. They probably don't even send that stuff up here haha.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ragnor,
Most likely not. First I'm gonna slam down some 200 cast bullets down her throat and see what it does. If it shoots, it's a keeper. Just a play toy at the gunclub for the 35 Rem.

Every since my late teens, for big game, while playing in the woods, if it was not an 1886 of some sort, I just did not feel comfortable.-------6

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I'm hoping you are right Sixgun. I stopped by Wally-World this afternoon with the wife. As is my habit, I make a bee-line for the ammo counter, and then catch up with her; usually empty-handed and disappointed. I figured it would be the same, though the last time I was in, a few days ago, the ammo cabinet was as full as I have seen it in the last 4 years - except no .22 rimfire of any kind. Well, I read here that they were getting a bunch in and having a sale yesterday, so figured I was too late. Lo and behold, they still had a dozen 100-count boxes of CCI .22 LR! I bought my three (their limit), and the guy who walked up after me did the same. They either got a ship-load yesterday or people just don't look any more OR - hopefully you are right, and the frenzy is dying out.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Sixgun wrote:
your either "cool" or you live on sheep mountain, where the sheep walk with a limp.
6 -- that guy on "SHEEP MOUNTAIN" is living rent free in your head...only kiddin', well kind-of... :)
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

Love that 35! Send it out to CO and I will promise you I will take it hunting!
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

Lovely 141/35, very nice. I had a 141/30 made in 1936 that was a tack driver with lead bullets. The barrel slugged at .3065".
I sold it to a Remington Collector that needed it for his collection.
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

dkmlever wrote:Love that 35! Send it out to CO and I will promise you I will take it hunting!
Hey, I'll be there next week. Throw me a number and I'll bring it with me. It's a 99% gun. :D

This ain't no museum here. Cash is King at the Sixgun homestead. :D ------6

jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Green Tag is economical low end target/match ammo. I've found that the CCI SV (plastic box), to be much more consistent and a lot less expensive.

This is good stuff. http://championshooters.com/index.php?o ... Itemid=111

This is serious stuff, for the 4 position guys. http://championshooters.com/index.php?o ... Itemid=111
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I picked up 2 boxes the other week for 10 bucks each....at dicks sporting goods....
and there was a one box limit
then went to the local army navy store and they wanted 20 each.....
told him he can keep them...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

CCI Standard Velocity does have better reputation than the Green Tag among local 50BR shooters. I've been using SK Standard Plus in my 52C-HB this past season because that's all I've been able to get.

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson