Anyone hear from COSteve lately...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
1894c

Anyone hear from COSteve lately...

Post by 1894c »

Anyone hear from COSteve lately...haven't seen him post in awhile... :)
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Anyone hear from COSteve lately...

Post by AJMD429 »

Looks like his last post was on October 18, 2013....he and Don McDowell got into a tiff, but I didn't think it was a big deal.

I know he travels a lot, from some of his posts in the past.

Looks like Tin Man who was a new member and posted that thread, hasn't posted since then, either. And nothing shows on Don McDowell's left panel where it shows posting history (that is strange - never saw that before)...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

COSteve tells me he's "done" with this site. I don't think that one "tiff" was all there was. Some PMs were exchanged as well. My take-away was that he ain't as thick-skinned as BrentD, or as most of us here. (That was a compliment Brent)! :P :lol: PS: 'thick-headed' is a derogatory, and some of us suffer from that as well. At least from time to time! :twisted: :roll:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

He's still posting over on AR15.COM
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Griff wrote:... PS: 'thick-headed' is a derogatory, and some of us suffer from that as well. At least from time to time! :twisted: :roll:
I ain't either, dang it!

...sorry that COSteve left. I enjoyed his posts.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I enjoyed his sense of humor.................. but then I'm wierd.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Griff wrote: :P :lol: PS: 'thick-headed' is a derogatory, and some of us suffer from that as well. At least from time to time! :twisted: :roll:
Yep me too. :lol:
Last edited by 3leggedturtle on Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

So we've lost two maybe three more members. Sigh ...... pretty soon there won't be any body here I know. :(

Shane ... Come back! Come back Shane!!!

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

He won't post here but he's over on AR15.com? You have to be kidding. Talk about a rough crowd over there! This is a very gentle and well moderated site and doesn't even compare to ARF.

Steve, come back here there's no way you could fit in there! :)

Cat
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Catshooter wrote:He won't post here but he's over on AR15.com? You have to be kidding. Talk about a rough crowd over there! This is a very gentle and well moderated site and doesn't even compare to ARF.

Cat

They have a small leverguns section tucked away on that massive website ---its very Marlin - centric, but i have seen a few guys from here on there occasionally as well --- The leverguns and revolvers sections are both ok, but have nowhere near the personality of this site .
----- Doug
1894c

Post by 1894c »

this saddens me...life is way too short to allow a digital forum to drive you out...I refuse to get into arguments on any forum, not worth the digital ink that is printed...when we have had our "issues" here I just stay out of it... :(
Molasses
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Molasses »

Streetstar wrote:
Catshooter wrote:He won't post here but he's over on AR15.com? You have to be kidding. Talk about a rough crowd over there! This is a very gentle and well moderated site and doesn't even compare to ARF.

Cat

They have a small leverguns section tucked away on that massive website ---its very Marlin - centric, but i have seen a few guys from here on there occasionally as well --- The leverguns and revolvers sections are both ok, but have nowhere near the personality of this site .
Yup. IF you stay out of GD, most of that site is not too badly behaved. GD is, well, I get a lot of laughs out of it sometimes.
There are some interesting discussions over in the lever action area of Arfcom's Armory forum right now, and COSteve is in the thick of a couple of 'em. And yes, there are a number of people posting there that are....familiar.
Got to admit that when I stopped in here yesterday and first saw this thread, I'd just finished reading over there and was still chuckling over how a collector/photographer had set Steve up. This fellow posted a picture in a thread on Uberti's Henry repro to illustrate his assertion that a Henry just looks right alongside a C&B revolver. Steve asked about the antique finish and the reply was just a photo of the barrel markings. Apparently that particular antique finish was the kind that takes about a century and a half to apply!
Molasses
SASS #925 Life
NRA Life
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Streetstar wrote: ...They have a small leverguns section tucked away on that massive website...
Yes, it is a massive site. Can you provide a link for the Leverguns forum? I didn't see it.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

JohndeFresno wrote:
Streetstar wrote: ...They have a small leverguns section tucked away on that massive website...
Yes, it is a massive site. Can you provide a link for the Leverguns forum? I didn't see it.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/47_Lever ... ifles.html
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I am sorry to hear of this as well, but I have abandoned a site or two in my time as well. There is a forum hosted by a well-known maker of Sharps rifles that I quit posting on. It had become a junior-high clique that you were either in or out of, and the inside jokes and internal hatreds were pretty intense. There are a couple of other forums I quit because the owner ran them based on his personal whims and dislikes.
We have a couple of consistent antagonists here who seem to enjoy stomping on feet, but all in all it is a very friendly place. I am grateful for it.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I lurk over on ARFCOM, for pure entertainment. I think half the posters on the GD forum own only one firearm. Either a Glock or AR and shoot it once per year, at most. It's not the place for the thin skinned or fool......you will get eaten alive. :lol:

This place is more for the Old fanny burbs and Old fanny burbs in training........civilized, with gas. :wink:
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Griff wrote:COSteve tells me he's "done" with this site. I don't think that one "tiff" was all there was. Some PMs were exchanged as well.
I think you're right. Told me the same thing when I asked him about it and he wouldn't go into detail, just said he was thru here. Surprised me. I liked his post and he helped walk me thru some mods on a Henry 22.

On AR15.com you kinda expect a little roughing up every now and then, you really don't expect too much of that here. I think that was part of the problem, the incident came from an un-expected corner(s).

Too bad, always seemed like a nice guy and was always helpful that I ever saw.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Quitting a forum because of a couple of insults is a bit like walking out on your family because a second cousin thinks you are an A.H. I hope ( and pray ) we all have more friends here than foes, so if anyone don't like me, for whatever reason, I'll stay just to annoy 'em... :lol:
Steve used to have some very interesting posts.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Which one of my cousins have you been talking too??? :roll:
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Thank you, Griff.

They sure have a lot of subforums.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

horsesoldier03 wrote:Which one of my cousins have you been talking too??? :roll:
:lol:

The way I see it, the family analogy is a good one. For me, I'll put up with a cantankerous group member or relative but not seek them out - too many years of picking up after idjits and jerks who can't handle life properly, as a job, and I'm now retired. Why should I put up with more of the same? And, like with a troublesome associate or family member, I rarely try to joke with that person - just do my business politely without making myself vulnerable to insults, and then move on to the next table quickly.

I fail to see the entertainment value of constant bad will and insults. On the other hand, a few insults are pretty funny. I used to love to read MR. MURBACH'S POSTS, and miss them. I remember, for instance, when one of our esteemed cousins from the British Isles joined this forum (still here). He introduced himself, and then MR. MURBACH proceeded to call him a "limey" and told him what he thought about that long dead king who we revolted against and on and on. I laughed out loud, then sent a PM or post (don't exactly remember) telling our new member not to mind Mr. Murbach; he was (by the way) our Ambassador to Iran (or one of those countries who hate us intensely). Now, THAT was entertaining, and the new member "got it."

And COSteve is missed for his expertise and his sometime jabs. But I agree that far too many websites - gun related sites included - are replete with folks who use this medium to vent their anger at the world in general (for whatever reason); and at the very people who share many of their own interests.

That's why I have joined several forums for a rare submission, but only find a handful of forums that I visit with any frequency. This is and probably will always be the one I try to visit daily. Once again, kudos to Paco and moderators for consistently and fairly keeping the lid on the troublemakers. And for setting the example of gentlemanly discourse.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

game keeper wrote:Quitting a forum because of a couple of insults is a bit like walking out on your family because a second cousin thinks you are an A.H. I hope ( and pray ) we all have more friends here than foes, so if anyone don't like me, for whatever reason, I'll stay just to annoy 'em... :lol:
Steve used to have some very interesting posts.
Yes.

I also feel that calling any member (or former member) out by name on ANY forum topic is in bad taste. JMHO.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

horsesoldier03 wrote:Which one of my cousins have you been talking too??? :roll:
:lol: I ain't tellin'.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I love a spirited exchange.....but talking down to someone is poor sportsmanship. ....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote:I love a spirited exchange.....but talking down to someone is poor sportsmanship. ....
Oh shut up, you feeble-minded moron...

............... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Seriously though, from other forums I've been on, this is among the most 'civil'; there are some dustups, and some folks are more 'blunt' than others, but 99% of the 'conversations' our threads cover are quite polite. That's a pretty good track record.

We should always try to do better, but the reality is that sometimes people just 'move on', and the last straw may be some specific snotty comment from another forumite, but there is usually an undercurrent of the person who leaves ALSO ready to move on to other hobbies, or having other family issues or work issues that are pulling them in other directions. The COSteves who leave will be replaced by OtherSteves who join as new members, and life will go on. I doubt COSteve is sobbing into his beer because of any of this, nor need we; it's more like we're all at a house party and he left the room we were gabbing in because something annoyed him, then went into another room and started talking to other people whether about another subject or some of the same ones. He's still around, the house is still here, and the room we're conversing in is still here. He may come back into this room, or not, or we can go find him if we want.

We should all try to be as polite as possible, even if we disagree, but there will always be 'blunt' folks, or things said that are taken the wrong-way. And before getting offended and stomping out, I'd encourage anyone to first take a deep breath, take a break, and get back into the site but maybe avoid that contentious thread/topic where they got offended.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

AJMD429 wrote: it's more like we're all at a house party and he left the room we were gabbing in because something annoyed him, then went into another room and started talking to other people whether about another subject or some of the same ones. He's still around, the house is still here, and the room we're conversing in is still here. He may come back into this room, or not, or we can go find him if we want.

Well said.
NRA Life Member
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

8) 8)
Bite me, Doc. :mrgreen:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote:8) 8)
Bite me, Doc. :mrgreen:
Sorta off topic but back when that was the first thing I'd say to anyone or anything irritating me, me cousin's 186 pound Great Dane was annoying me when I walked towards their house, and without thinking I said "Oh, bite me...!". My cousin pointed out I should be thankful his dog was disobedient. :D

Ms Boots
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ms Boots »

hmmmmm And I thought women were bad! if someone leaves for whatever reason,....so be it.
a heart and mind can only take whatever you set it up for. I cannot even count the times I may have taken a wrong word in a very wrong way! Sometimes the best thing for that heart is a new path.
and sometimes that new path brings you back with lessoned learned.
deep breath. Let it ride.
:P
Psalms 83:18 Dan 2:44
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JohndeFresno wrote:
Griff wrote:... PS: 'thick-headed' is a derogatory, and some of us suffer from that as well. At least from time to time! :twisted: :roll:
I ain't either, dang it!

...sorry that COSteve left. I enjoyed his posts.
+1 :(
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

Ms Boots wrote:deep breath. Let it ride.
cool :idea: :wink:
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
1894c

Post by 1894c »

I miss "PITCHY" too...oh well...getting ready to go Mule Deer Hunting with my Rossi 1892 (wannbe) in .357-mag... :)
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

smart thing to do is post one's opinion without taking direct exception with others.
don't do as I do? :oops:
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

1892 wrote:I miss "PITCHY" too...
Definitely
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

I miss Tubby Tuba, too.

But at least his evil twin BlaineG stepped in to entertain us.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Pearls of wisdom from Ms. Boots. Thank you ma'am.
8)
1892: Mulies with a lever gun in .357 -- now that's just a classic. Good luck!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ms Boots wrote:hmmmmm And I thought women were bad! if someone leaves for whatever reason,....so be it.
a heart and mind can only take whatever you set it up for. I cannot even count the times I may have taken a wrong word in a very wrong way! Sometimes the best thing for that heart is a new path.
Yep...

......but are you sayin' we're actin' just like a bunch of wimmen...????????????

:o :o :o

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

JohndeFresno wrote:I miss Tubby Tuba, too.

:twisted:
Blaine has Tubby toting cotton bales..

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Not too many though :lol:
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

AJMD429 wrote:
Ms Boots wrote:hmmmmm And I thought women were bad! if someone leaves for whatever reason,....so be it.
Yep...

......but are you sayin' we're actin' just like a bunch of wimmen...????????????

LOL :wink:
Ms Boots
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ms Boots »

JohndeFresno wrote:I miss Tubby Tuba, too.

:lol:
Ms Boots
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ms Boots »

ollogger wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:
Yep...

Why why... certainly sir, 8) :wink:
1894c

Post by 1894c »

I have been reading some old threads and posts about the Rossi 92, and have noticed that COSteve has deleted allot of his older posts on May 01, 2014 (seems to be the ones that contained photos), and he has also deleted his avatar too--so I guess he is gone for good...too bad... :(
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

JohndeFresno wrote:
Definitely

YUP!
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

firefuzz wrote:
JohndeFresno wrote:
Definitely

YUP!
This forum is poorer for the loss of Steve and Pitchy, both had some interesting things to say.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

but we could be mistaking sense of humor for something else.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Could be, I've done it before.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

prolly why long engagements are a good idea.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

bulldog1935 wrote:but we could be mistaking sense of humor for something else.
Or, something else for a sense of humor... :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

anger and humor go hand-in-hand. humor is merely one possible outlet for anger