Holster advice please

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Holster advice please

Post by jnyork »

My CCW is a Sig P238. I have a pocket holster that works pretty well if I am wearing cargo shorts or pants with good sized pockets, but useless when wearing jeans. I have the cheesy little plastic clipon holster that came with it but it is worse than useless, fell off my belt and dropped the whole rig on the floor down at the bakery the other morning, grabbed it up and got it into my coat pocket in 2.6 seconds flat :o :D , wife was the only one that saw what happened. Happily, the manual safety worked as advertised and no negligent discharge.

I need another holster. I do NOT want an inside-the-waistband type, don't need to be going out and buying a half a dozen new pairs of pants. Any and all suggestions appreciated from folks with personal experience in the matter. Thanks.
JayF in AZ
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Holster advice please

Post by JayF in AZ »

Lots of good makers out there. You can't go wrong with Milt sparks. Takes a long time to get one though.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Jerry, check the CME holsters from south Texas. He makes some very good holsters. I have Tuleta model for my 3 inch .44 spl and my grandson has 3 or 4 of his holsters. They are very high quality and priced good too, mine was $55.00. My Mernickel is not the quality of the CME. I carry my Colt SAA .45 in the Mernickle but it just does not carry like the CME.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

This link is for a friend of mine and is going to make a P238 holster for me when I can finally decide
on what I want!

http://defensivelineleathers.com/

if you email Tim, tell him Jason from the Chevy shop told you! :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

A small-of-the-back holster is a great idea when you have a large shirt or jacket to cover it up..... Until you go to sit down and the gun and holster are poking you in the back.

If your gun is small enough they make square holsters that fit in the back pocket (square hides the shape of the gun)

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/produc ... JR7Z0.html

I've never used one, so no real help from me :oops:
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

If you're sticking with pocket rigs, the DeSantis Nemesis works well with many jeans and isn't expensive.

If you're willing to pay a little more, Mika pocket holsters are among some of the best in the world. He started out making them one by one as a cop in L.A.
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

MrMurphy wrote:If you're sticking with pocket rigs, the DeSantis Nemesis works well with many jeans and isn't expensive.

If you're willing to pay a little more, Mika pocket holsters are among some of the best in the world. He started out making them one by one as a cop in L.A.
I have had my 642 in a Mika for a long time now, and it's an excellent in the pocket holster. Reasonable, and he is a good guy to deal with.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

The pocket holster I have now is a Galco and I am pretty satisfied with it. I want a belt holster, not a clip on and not a IWB. Thanks
keyston44
Levergunner

Post by keyston44 »

I use Desantis Speed Scabbard holsters for all my semi auto carry guns. They are priced right and have an adjustable tension.

Key
"Hatred is the cowards answer for being intimidated"
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

With that pistol, you might be able to do an IWB without going up a pant size, but depending on your body and how you wear the pants, you might have to. I have to go up from a 32 to a 35 waist to carry with a full-sized double-stack pistol IWB. Full size single stack means a 34 waist for me.

There is not much demand for OWB holsters for those pistols, so we don't currently even stock them, though we can do them. The closest we stock for that pistol is the deep concealment tuckable holster that can be worn OWB or IWB.
rgates
Levergunner 1.0

Post by rgates »

Take a look at Rob Leahy's Simply Rugged holsters. I use one for a J-frame 2-inch and it can be on your belt or inside waistband. No enlargement of pants is necessary. It can also be carried inside your belt but not inside waistband. At most that would involve letting your belt out one notch. Everyone is suggesting good stuff, but I have found nothing to fault with the Simply Rugged holsters I own.