Praise for Plano

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Praise for Plano

Post by 86er »

I had a Plano Molding Company aluminum gun case for 3 years. It cost about $100 new. After many, many airline journeys one of the four latches broke off. I e-mailed Plano on Friday morning asking how to purchase one latch (which screws right off and is easily replaced). I did not receive any reply or correspondence.

Today a brand new CASE came via UPS - NO CHARGE!

The old case is perfectly servicable if I buy some kind of latch at the hardware store and screw it on.

Excellent customer service and outstanding support - especially considering this was not a high dollar item to begin with. Check out the cases they offer at: www.planomolding.com
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

That is outstanding! I'll be checking them out for any cases I need for sure.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

WOW! I know what brand my next rifle case will be.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

That's a wonderful testimony in today's world! Service like that deserves to be shared!
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

That is awesome. I have been looking for a new case I will give them a look.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

FWIW - I bought a new latch today at Ace Hardward for $2.99 (2-pack)and fixed the old case as good as new. I figured there was no sense in having identical cases, so I made partitions for the old case interior to make it a true two gun breakdown case specifically for shotguns.

I still can't believe Plano was so responsive and accomodating by sending me a new case - but I appreciated the service so much I will be buying their brand tackle box and gun cleaning accessories box this week.