Just picked up a New Taurus 1911-OT

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Eric M.
Levergunner 1.0

Just picked up a New Taurus 1911-OT

Post by Eric M. »

Purchased a new Taurus 1911 yesterday.
Fell in love with it at the gun shop.
Can't wait to shoot it when it stops snowing here.
I have a bunch of Winchester 230gr fmj loaded up, and I just received 1000 185gr Ranier Flat Point bullets from Midway that I will load up for competition shooting.
I'll give a report on this sweet little pistol after I shoot.

Eric :D
God Bless Our Troops!!!
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

I'd like to hear your results and see photos. I have been looking at some 1911 types and have been sticking with Kimber, Colt and Springfield. They are twice the price of the Taurus for half the features.
Eric M.
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Eric M. »

It's worth the money 86er

I went to the range and shot it yesterday.
It was snowing with a 20mph wind. I was shooting from inside our Pistol blockhouse to the outside at 20yds.
I shot 1 box of 230gr hardball reloads, and 1 box of 185gr Rainier Coated Flat Point reloads.
When I wasn't shooting like a rookie, my groups were around 2" and in the 10 ring.
With better weather and some breaking in, I'm sure that the PT 1911 can shoot 1"-1 1/2" groups at 25yds.
The trigger pull is as advertised. It is smooth, with no slop. It feels like a custom job.
As a matter of fact, the whole gun feels like a custom job when I shoot it.
The one minus is the plastic grips, but even they are nice looking, with the metal part of the grips, front and back beautifully checkered to give you a fantastic look and feel.
I don't think that I will replace them.

Jeff Quinn has a good article on his testing of the PT 1911, and it shouldn't be hard for you to find.

I will post pics when I find the cord for the digital camera that was lost, but believe me, this gun shoots as good as it looks.

Eric
God Bless Our Troops!!!