Rolling Block No.1: Set Trigger Blueprint

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
FatJackDurham
Senior Levergunner

Rolling Block No.1: Set Trigger Blueprint

Post by FatJackDurham »

I got my hands on a copy of the set trigger blue prints for a Rolling Block No. 1. One of the big scary things about ordering the cast parts from The Rifle Shoppe is that they don't provide any instructions for diagrams. Now that I have this, I might consider trying to put a set trigger in mine. Not sure if I shoudn't post it, I'll let the moderator decide.

Alphawolf45
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Rolling Block No.1: Set Trigger Blueprint

Post by Alphawolf45 »

Thank you for posting the drawing. In a future project I'll need to make the lower tang and trigger for a #1 Rolling block . I may use this drawing ..Just finished making double set triggers for a Highwall..I am working up enthusiasm for set triggers.
FatJackDurham
Senior Levergunner

Post by FatJackDurham »

Alphawolf45 wrote:Thank you for posting the drawing. In a future project I'll need to make the lower tang and trigger for a #1 Rolling block . I may use this drawing ..Just finished making double set triggers for a Highwall..I am working up enthusiasm for set triggers.
Wow! Did you do all fabrication? That would be amazing! Pictures?
Alphawolf45
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Alphawolf45 »

FatJackDurham wrote:
Alphawolf45 wrote:Thank you for posting the drawing. In a future project I'll need to make the lower tang and trigger for a #1 Rolling block . I may use this drawing ..Just finished making double set triggers for a Highwall..I am working up enthusiasm for set triggers.
Mr Jack Its not real amazing ,just a lot of work.. Bought rifled barrel blank and making every single other piece of the Highwall- 3 months work so far. Another month and I'll be shooting it and hope I can hit with it well enough to compete with it in BPCR silhouette...If I manage that then it'll be quite amazing :D ...I'll take pictures after its done.. Showing it too early just invites folks to tell me how I should do it.....Now the rolling block I mentioned, I have a bare receiver to work with, just have to build everything else so not quite as much work.....Ahmmmmmm Will certainly not look as good as your rolling block, I aint that good but I do best I can...Love the old guns.
FatJackDurham
Senior Levergunner

Post by FatJackDurham »

Alphawolf45 wrote:
FatJackDurham wrote:
Mr Jack Its not real amazing ,just a lot of work.. Bought rifled barrel blank and making every single other piece of the Highwall- 3 months work so far. Another month and I'll be shooting it and hope I can hit with it well enough to compete with it in BPCR silhouette...If I manage that then it'll be quite amazing :D ...I'll take pictures after its done.. Showing it too early just invites folks to tell me how I should do it.....Now the rolling block I mentioned, I have a bare receiver to work with, just have to build everything else so not quite as much work.....Ahmmmmmm Will certainly not look as good as your rolling block, I aint that good but I do best I can...Love the old guns.
Im reasonably certain you are being modest. I'll send you a link to a hi res image of the blue prints so you can read em
pyro468
Levergunner

Post by pyro468 »

I realize this thread is ten years old, but is it possible to get a copy of the blueprint still? I have a No.5 I'd like to make set triggers for.

Thanks in advance.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Just a note here on Rolling Block single set triggers. Numrich gun parts got all the leftover parts from the 1997 run Remington did, and those parts are exact copies of the original Rolling Block set trigger guns. About a year ago they still had all the parts to sell, so you might check with their site now, and see if they still have everything? They even had the pistol grip lower tangs if a guy wanted to build a deluxe pistol gripped Rolling Block. I've built two of them using Numrich parts, and just minor fitting needed to make them fit.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

pyro468 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:53 am I realize this thread is ten years old, but is it possible to get a copy of the blueprint still? I have a No.5 I'd like to make set triggers for.

Thanks in advance.
In the case of a Rolling block it's not "set triggers" it's a single set trigger. Remington standard was a single set, not double set triggers.
pyro468
Levergunner

Post by pyro468 »

Thank you both for the information. As I am rather new to rolling blocks, I appreciate being corrected when I'm wrong. I was recently at a gunshow and passed up a No. 1 action fitted with double set triggers, so I assumed that was a factory option.

I will look in to Numrich and see if they have the parts to retrofit my No. 5 when it gets back from case hardening.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

pyro468 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:08 pm Thank you both for the information. As I am rather new to rolling blocks, I appreciate being corrected when I'm wrong. I was recently at a gunshow and passed up a No. 1 action fitted with double set triggers, so I assumed that was a factory option.

I will look in to Numrich and see if they have the parts to retrofit my No. 5 when it gets back from case hardening.
There were some #1's with double set triggers, but they were gunsmith fitted set triggers, or the guns were modern built versions. Carlos Gove of Denver, Co. built his version with his own DST setups. A few others did also. I think Pedersoli built some also? But when Remington built theirs in 1997 they only offered copies of the original SST versions copied from their own Rolling Blocks.
jjohn143
Levergunner

Post by jjohn143 »

Another that understands that this is an old thread, but I would greatly appreciate if someone could share the single set trigger prints.
Thank you in advance.