I thought it was just EBR's!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

I thought it was just EBR's!

Post by foxtrapper »

sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I thought it was just EBR's!

Post by sore shoulder »

With Marlin now defunct ( I do not consider the current branch of Remington making the 1894 and 336/1895 to be Marlin) I would not be at all surprised to see these limited run rifles with that kind of wood and features to begin having some collector value. The 1895 Remlin I looked at last year in cody looked like it was made by one of those Afghani gunsmiths with a file and pocket knife, and I'm barely exaggerating here, Malamute can corroborate my story. There will never again be a factory Marlin as well made as the one in that auction.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Current Bid $1,528.00 Reserve Not Met
I thought this was worth pasting here. The current EBR prices are just gouging during a crisis. This is a legitimate bid on a limited run collector value rifle.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Seems my last of the Marlins 39 was a limited run also. :)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Sorry, IMO the P's knock about $1400 off the value for the current bid...

:?

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Someone, with the funds, just had to have this 39a........no matter how much they had to spend. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =325857320

Not my money or business, but it does seem a little irrational.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Wow.....I have a really cool 1894, no safety, MG, that shoots good, that I got for 400$$$$$ Why in the he!! they put ports on that is beyond me... :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

I seem to recall the ported guide guns being unpopular.
11B30
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

currently at 1500.00+ .....the thing that caught my eye was the "reserve NOT met" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

PT Barnum was right........... :roll:

Thanks, Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

sore shoulder wrote:I seem to recall the ported guide guns being unpopular.
Mine thunders, and bellows like atomic weapons going off..I call it Thumper (shoulder and ears)...It holds a sentimental place in my heart as my first centerfire rifle, but, I do believe I'll transfer the bells and whistles off of it to the Cowboy and find a new home for it someday, or, just keep it in the safe as a back up.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Kal52
Levergunner

Post by Kal52 »

I had the ported guide gun, it didnt last long, I shot one time without hearing protection, was out stomping around and a nice doe popped up, last time I shot that gun.

It did shoot and carry nice though, shame, on a good note, I did finish out the season with the cowboy that replaced it. :)
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

He should have sold it the first time. Relisted with two days to go and it only at $500+ now.

I've had one of these for years and it's my favorite little carbine. Paid $250 for it. :D
I've not noticed how the porting affects anything other than a little extra muzzle blast.
Though I'm sure it's different with a 45-70.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

FWiedner wrote:Sorry, IMO the P's knock about $1400 off the value for the current bid...

:?

:lol:

me too, would pay more NOT to have the porting, especially on something like a 44 mag
cable
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Spoke too soon. Back up th $1400+. Might just put mine up and pick up another Winchester.

jb 8)

sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

I'm starting to wonder if he isn't bidding it up either himself, or via an accomplice. After thinking about it some more, even with it being a collector/limited run/manufacturer OOB/no longer available, I still think it's a little high. $1000 is more reasonable. I know I wouldn't take less than that for my pre-Remlin 1895GS.
11B30
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

sore shoulder wrote:I'm starting to wonder if he isn't bidding it up either himself, or via an accomplice. After thinking about it some more, even with it being a collector/limited run/manufacturer OOB/no longer available, I still think it's a little high. $1000 is more reasonable. I know I wouldn't take less than that for my pre-Remlin 1895GS.
I had that thought too since it's up almost $900 since this morning.

jb 8)

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Just out of curiosity what is my stainless/ laminated stock 1895 .45/.70 pre Remington in really good shape worth?
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Mescalero wrote:Just out of curiosity what is my stainless/ laminated stock 1895 .45/.70 pre Remington in really good shape worth?
IMO add 10% to whatever new MSRP is and go from there.
11B30
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

No offense to anyone but there is now way in hell I would ever pay those kind of prices for a Marlin. Even before Remington bought them, they were still putting out some rough products from time to time.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Mich hunter wrote:No offense to anyone but there is now way in hell I would ever pay those kind of prices for a Marlin. Even before Remington bought them, they were still putting out some rough products from time to time.
Well I'm glad you said it! I was sure thinking it.

They have Marlin 336s at my local Walmart for something like $350 right now. I looked at one and it looked just fine - no better but no worse than the Marlins I've seen for years now. The .45-70s at my local dealer seem just fine also and he says they're not coming back.

I don't doubt that they had issues after setting up the tooling at the new factory, but that was no doubt dealt with on the shop floor and now the product just looks like the product to me - same old.

If it's a collector piece I get it, but otherwise it's ridiculously over priced in my view, but to each his own.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright