Browning BLR in 358 Winchester

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Browning BLR in 358 Winchester

Post by AkRay »

This is my BLR in 358 Winchester. It's one of the mid to late 70s steel frame rifles. I found it on a statewide site about 4 years ago when a man in Juneau listed it. I live in Fairbanks. My email got there first, and he was willing to wait until we were both able to get to Anchorage to meet and finalize our deal. I haven't shot anything with it yet, but I've carried it during moose/bear season.

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Browning BLR in 358 Winchester

Post by FWiedner »

You're gonna like that one.

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jayhawker »

Great rifles and a great cartridge! I picked mine up in 2004 right before they re-introduced the pistol grip version, which I would have preferred. I've grown to like the straight grip though and wouldn't trade it now.
Well done is better than well said.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I have one chambered for 243 Only - interesting way they marked the barrels.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

Nice rifle! I had one from about the same time frame with a little Leoupold 2-7x33 on it. Lightweight and shot well. It got traded for something else that's no longer around either. I'm a slow learner. Hold onto it!

Terry
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

That vintage BLR was the best, IMHO - I had a WGRS peep on my 1971 vintage .358, and it worked out great.

JDL
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JDL »

I have one just like it.....Ol' Finalizer. :D