WLRM or CCI-250 primers?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

WLRM or CCI-250 primers?

Post by FWiedner »

Is there a difference between Winchester LRM primers and CCI-250 LRM primers?

Is one more reliable than the other?

Been testing some loads with WLRM and Win 748 and the numbers are all over the place.

:?:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Hobie

Re: WLRM or CCI-250 primers?

Post by Hobie »

FWiedner wrote:Is there a difference between Winchester LRM primers and CCI-250 LRM primers?
Yes. Different manufacture.
Is one more reliable than the other?
No.
Been testing some loads with WLRM and Win 748 and the numbers are all over the place.

:?:
Note the different mfg. One of the components in ammunition that MIGHT well make a difference in some rifles. Different brisiance (sp?) starts the charge differently and some say this vibrates the barrel differently and that would cause accuracy differences. I use 250s or 450s (depending on the case) with 748. Why? Because I always have and I have never had a problem.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

I love em both ! My 2 Favorites, and the Gun store in town actually has both in stock for the 1st time in 3 years.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

748 does not require a magnum primer. Get some WLR and try them. Might just bring those numbers back to a reasonable number.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***