What Is That ONE Firearm.....??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

What Is That ONE Firearm.....??

Post by Blaine »

That one firearm..it might be beat to heck and back...that you would never, ever sell for any amount of money? I'd have to say my erstwhile Uncle's Model 72, and the Old, 80% Browning .22 Auto that came down from Grandpa....the other's could be replaced.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What Is That ONE Firearm.....??

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

My father's Remington 511.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

model 92 38-40......
my Dads Beretta AL-2 12ga
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Unfortunately it aint just one :D :D
Marlin 1889 in 44-40 manufactured in 1892
Marlin 1894 in 44-40 manufactured cica 1910
Winchester 1894 manufactured 1915 in 30-30, my late shooting buddie's.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

My great-grandfather's Colt 1860 Army that he carried in the Civil War.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

My M1 Carbine, custom Glock G20/21L, and my two Rossi 357 leverguns. I feel a strange sort of bond with each one that's hard to describe but they feel almost like extensions of my arms.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ray - can we see pictures of that piece.

Oh maybe the K22 I bought for $85 in 66. Now I see they go for $959 MSRP.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

In my best Charlton Heston voice... "...from my cold, dead hands" applies to 'em all. That is... if I had any!!!! :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

S.A. M1 Garand and Wichester 12ga model 37 Red Label both handed down through the family.
Though I would :cry: giving up my first 12ga 20" 1972 Ithaca Deerslayer Deluxe :wink:

If it had to be------------------JUST ONE????-----------------------that S.A. M1 Garand
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote:In my best Charlton Heston voice... "...from my cold, dead hands" applies to 'em all. That is... if I had any!!!! :twisted:
If you need a gun, PM me... :!:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
jens5
Levergunner

Post by jens5 »

My Fathers Browning Superposed O/U. Got out of the Marines in 46, bought the shotgun in 48. Also his pre-64 Mod. 70 featherweight.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Handguns:
As far as sentimental value; My model 39-2 Smith & Wesson was my first ever centerfire handgun that I bought, I would let a bunch of them go before that. Also my Grandfather's Colt Police Positive 38 Special would be one of the very last ones, possibly the last.

For practicality; My Colt Commander (45ACP) would probably be the last handgun that I would give up.

Rifles; it would be a hard choice between my Dad's old Marlin 336SC in 32 Special and my sporterized Smith Corona 03A3 that my Dad bought for me years ago.

Shotguns; my JC Higgins (High Standard) 12G pump that my Dad gave me when he thought that I outgrew my old 16G H&R Topper.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Grandpa's '03 Sporter. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

I guess I really got 2 that fit that description. One is an old win model 67 single shot 22 that my Dad bought off a city kid that worked on his parents farm for a summer. The kid bought it with his hard earned money, but when his Mom came to pick him up at the end of the summer she didn't want him to bring it home. Dad bought it off him for what he paid for it, $10. i learned how to shoot with it shot a lot of groundhogs with it at distances you shouldn't be able to with a 22. I'll probably give it to my nephew who is just now finishing his hunting safety courses and was pretty close to my Dad. He says he doesn't want it because its mine from my Dad, but that is my decision not his.
The other is a Model 870 20 ga that also was my Dad's, but I bought it from him with money from my first "paying" job as a kid. He asked me what I was going to do with my money and I told him I was going to buy a shotgun and he said buy mine since I'm not using it anymore. Paid a whopping $75.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

I can't narrow it down to just one. It's impossible. Anything I've bought for myself, if it came down to it would be fair game. Anything I've acquired from family members is off limits, and quite a few of my firearms are from family, whether gifts, hand me downs, or purchased from them.

Clements Custom Guns Ruger .45 Vaquero Bisley - my late uncle's. A gift to me from his son after he passed
Ruger Single Six Bisley - same uncle traded me that one for another Single Six.
Ruger Super Blackhawk - was my uncle's, then my dad's, now mine.
Marlin Guide Gun - First Christmas gift from my wife
Henry .22 mag - gift from my dad
Marlin single shot .22 - gift from my dad and my first gun
A few old beater guns handed down from my great granddad.

I don't know if it's normal to have sentimental value attached to so many guns, but each time I get them out they are filled with the memories of the ones that I got them from. Every time I carry one I got from my uncle I think of all the hunting adventures we had - some good, some bad, but all are good memories. I think of all the time spent together and the instruction and life lessons I learned from him. Anyway, I wouldn't give up any of my guns, but especially not the ones listed.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

My father's .22 bolt springfield. I think it's a model 83? He bought it as a little kid in the late 1920's. I learned to shoot with it. He still shoots it. Technically, it's not really mine.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

The little 'Smith 642 that has been riding in my back pocket for 14 years. Must have dropped it 1,000 times---nicks--gouges--the anodizing worn off----but she shoots every time I whip it out. (the gun :D )--------------------------Sixgun
Model A Uzi’s
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

My Benelli Shotgun. I have others with more sentimental value, but I just cant do without my Benelli.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Two, Dad's WWII bring backs. Late war production P-38, and 1916 P-08.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

tman wrote:My father's .22 bolt springfield. I think it's a model 83? He bought it as a little kid in the late 1920's. I learned to shoot with it. He still shoots it. Technically, it's not really mine.
Model 73?
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

My '94 Trapper chambered for .44 Mag...thirteen white tail have made it to the freezer compilments of that little gun. One Black Bear up in Quebec, and one Bull Elk along the Clark Fork, up in the Bitteroots, have had the opportunity to fall before it.... an darned if they didn't.

As handy as one of my Timber Carbines (.444) are, that little Trapper knows it way virtually all around my stomping grounds in North America.
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Only one......

It would be my 1946 MDL. 70 Std. grade in 30Govt.06...#61xxx. That rifle has over 500+ head of big game logged since my father-in-law purchased it new in the fall of '46.........I inherited it when he passed in 19 and 73. It instantly became my No.1 the first time I picked it up.

It wears the same Lyman Alaskan 2.5 power scope in Redfield Jr. rings & base. Same sling & same scabbard....all from 19 and 46. Been through too many adventures myself with it to ever let it go. Never let me down on anything.

If'n I have to, I will go to war with it if nec. in the coming conflagration and my nephew will get it when I transform. It stays in the family.....period! :x

LB
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

that ONE hand gun is the stainless redhawk my Dad gave me

and that ONE rifle is the little 39 centennial .22 that's an absolute jewel.

between the two ONEs there is nothing I can't stop and eat...

the rest are just for fun, well, uh, except for the ones I actually use every day... Heh
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Grizz wrote:that ONE hand gun is the stainless redhawk my Dad gave me

the rest are just for fun, well, uh, except for the ones I actually use every day... Heh
Grizz---- between those two(what would ya keep)for the only 1(period) :wink:
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

The Trapdoor that my grandfather bought off the man it was issued to. The guy was a government hunter that provided meat for the army that were protecting a railroad crew.

If it could be two guns, the other would be my old Smith Model 58 in 41 mag. It might not be pretty or even terribly practical but it has saved my life more than once.

Eric
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

madman4570 wrote:
Grizz wrote:that ONE hand gun is the stainless redhawk my Dad gave me

Grizz---- between those two(what would ya keep)for the only 1(period) :wink:

Ouch!

That would be the redhawk. It is more versatile and has the family connection. So that's the hands down winner tonight!!

Grizz
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

My Ruger Flat Top 44, that belonged to my Uncle. He was a hero to me in alot of ways and I am still trying to fit in his boots. Alan Harton fixed the end shake, rebuilt and recut the area around the forcing cone where the b/c gap is just about nill. I couldn't bear to refinish it...has his life adventures recorded in every dent and wear mark.
Last edited by C. Cash on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

the ONEs my Wife bought me
2 Henrys a 357 & 22 mag
And that great 94 in 25-35 she shocked me with
bought from Sixgun

ollogger
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I dont have a firearm with a family connection and as you all know, I don't have a problem selling firearms. Currently, the last firearm I would sell would be either my Osborne 12 bore SxS or the P Webly & Sons 10 bore SxS. I would still be able to hunt birds, small game, deer, hogs , use it for home defense and have as a truck gun. I have a 12 bore custom built SxS that has rifled barrels that could sub for one of the other two but they are nicer to look at. My Benelli M4 customized shotgun could do in a pinch too All in all, my last gun to get rid of would be a shotgun. Any of the ones I own could serve me well
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

rjohns94 wrote:I dont have a firearm with a family connection and as you all know, I don't have a problem selling firearms. Currently, the last firearm I would sell would be either my Osborne 12 bore SxS or the P Webly & Sons 10 bore SxS. I would still be able to hunt birds, small game, deer, hogs , use it for home defense and have as a truck gun. I have a 12 bore custom built SxS that has rifled barrels that could sub for one of the other two but they are nicer to look at. My Benelli M4 customized shotgun could do in a pinch too All in all, my last gun to get rid of would be a shotgun. Any of the ones I own could serve me well
You're my favorite pusher :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

Griff wrote:In my best Charlton Heston voice... "...from my cold, dead hands" applies to 'em all. That is... if I had any!!!! :twisted:
+1
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

BlaineG wrote:
If you need a gun, PM me... :!:
Well, if you insist on knowing... my wife is quite a pistol. There's no selliin' her short, but... there are days when I'd give her away! Image :twisted: :P :P

Although if I had to name one, it'd be the Shiloh Sharp's the wife gave me as a graduation present. Image
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by RustyJr »

My grandfather's Remington 721 in 270Win and my other grandfather's Colt huntsman in 22LR. Those two are absolutely irreplaceable. As to my own personal guns that would be hard to replace: I've got a 4" stainless Ruger Security Six that is so smooth that someone must have done an action job on it. Also my first rifle, a single shot 22 bolt action Remington model 514. And as strange as it seems, my Bushmaster AR15A2 that my parents helped me buy as a graduation present when I graduated high school. Then there is the Glock 23 that my dad bought me when I turned 21 for a concealed carry gun. Guess when I think about it I cant think of just one.

RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Just my dad's old Win 94 and his Win model 50 --- i have the 94 and my brother has the 50 ---

The rest i might shed a tear over , but not buckets of tears

--- next to those would be my first AR - i was a black rifle guy long before i ever watched my first John Wayne film
----- Doug
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Glock 26, Marlin 1894c (357 mag), Ruger SP-101 (357 mag), Single-Six (.22 cal.)
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Just one? The only one ever given to me, a 1939 deluxe Winchester model 64 in 25-35 by my Uncle on my 14th Birthday.

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wow, what a great gun.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

One of Dad's old Colts,New Service or woodsman.If I absolutely had to.
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

easy..........

My grandpa's 1927 Model 94. It's chambered in .38-55

Takedown, too........ :D :D :D :D :D :D

spaceman
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Daddy's Winchester, Model 12, 16 gauge, 26" full. He tightened the rods on some guys A-Model for it and made him buy the pan gasket and oil. Just before the war.
Saw him kill seven quail with it, standing on a brush pile. They flushed as singles or doubles and the old gun holds 6 in the magazine plus 1 in the barrel.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

I always have a "last to go" gun but to tell the truth that changes on an almost daily basis. It maybe my 10/22 one day, my .32 Single Six the next, a 12ga. another, and so on. But Grandpa's H&R 949 is here to stay and I'll give it to one of my daughters or my newfew if I ever get tempted to sell it. Sure if times got bad I could sell it and get another one at a later date but it just wouldn't be the same.

LK
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

If it comes down to just One, it would be My Dads old Long Tom (that is all it says on the Gun) 12 gauge. My Dad said it was too long so He cut it down, it is still over 30 inches.
Then there are 3 more that would be the very last to go. One is a mod 8 Rem in 30 remington,My Dad bought it from a relative in Oklahoma back in the 60s.
Then last but not least is the 2 that My Wife bought Me, a Monkey Wards 12 gauge pump from about 1970 and a S&W Mod 29-11 5/8 in barrel (Christmas present in 1985).
The rest can Go if the need arises.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Two:
- M1 Carbine--Inland my father found NIB in the base junk yard on Guam scrounging for engine parts, brought it back in his B-29 at war's end. It is no longer NIB having been shot and enjoyed the way it inisted :) since, but still in great/95% shape. Rare war issue original-fit bayo lug--Ordnance ordered for all in late '44 but few made to combat--usually associated with later refits. Sadly the original bayo and gun-carry case disappeared several years ago.
- Win 1894 SRC .30 WCF, ca 1917, splits difference between father's and mother's birth years. An old ranch gun in very decent shape--a real charmer with stories to tell I found in a Montrose, CO pawn shop on a cold gray day fifteen winters ago almost to the day.
...But, if only one? The M1.
Edit...Oh, and how could I forget?! - My first rifle - ca 1958/59 Win 69A...
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

My Stevens 311 4-10 i bought when i was ten.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

"Ray - can we see pictures of that piece."
--Old Savage

Ol' Savage: my primitive digital camera is not working.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

My LEO partner left his Model 25 Smith to me in his will (he retired, moved to Costa Rica & got murdered in a hold up). Son, also a cop, had given it to him when he made sergeant.

Already had one, so I had Magnaport tune, brush-chrome & port it. Big framed holster gun, but brings back a lot of memories.

He's probably turning his grave --Magnaport bill was a lot more than he paid for it.

Offered it, but son did not want the pistol back.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I'm down (up?) to the number of guns I cannot part with.

Though I suppose it would have to come down to:

a tossup between the Rossi .357 & the HK91, with the 91 edging things out for this neck of the woods.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I really have no firearms from family short of my brothers '94 "Antique" model. He used it pretty hard and it needs some work. I can't say which one would be my one and only firearm. I guess it'd depend on why I'm down to one. Financial reasons, can't carry more than one, etc...
Old Law Dawg
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

I have two both gifts from Dad when I was a young lad my Ruger 10/22, and my 1894 Marlin 44 mag.
Their sentimental value to me is priceless.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I've got some neat guns, but the cheap Marlin Model 60 .22 I gave to my dad many years before he died would be one I'll never sell. My daughter wanted it, so it's got her name hanging on a tag in the safe.
The rest are all up for sale at some time, but probably after I'm 6' under.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/