Outers Foul Out III being discontinued?? Your experience?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Outers Foul Out III being discontinued?? Your experience?

Post by rbertalotto »

I just looked at the Outers web site and it is no longer listed.

I'm thinking about buying one for use with my cast lead bullet guns.

anyone have any experience with it?
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Outers Foul Out III being discontinued?? Your experience?

Post by Bruce »

I bought two and to be honest, I never acheived very good results with either one of them.
http://www.pumprifle.org/
Bruce Hamlin's Pump Rifle Forum
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

rbertalotto wrote:I just looked at the Outers web site and it is no longer listed.

I'm thinking about buying one for use with my cast lead bullet guns.

anyone have any experience with it?
Just thinking out loud, but if you match the bullets to the loads to the guns you won't have enough leading to give a second thought to.
The money used for the Foul Out could be better used for components and practicing.

Again, just thinking.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

I ordered one from Midway as they still had them in stock and the fluid is on sale.

I'm just a Gadget Guy at heart! :D
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Sorry I'm late to the post but I have had one for a few years and for everyday cleaning I don't use it. However I have a habit of finding these old guns that have been shot by other people, an affliction I am sure none of the rest of you have ever had :roll: , and a good cleaning with the foul out has removed enough lead to make a few boolits. My buddy brought me two rifles one time both "shotout" that he had gotten at a bargain because of the "wore out bore" well when I tipped the rifle muzzle down and all that "stuff came out of the first one it actually had pretty good rifling but was just leaded so bad you couldn't see it. Same story for the second one. Try it you may like it. I use extra o rings on the rod and Make dadgum sure the rod is super clean and it'll work. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.