OT - cartridge box - second one

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - cartridge box - second one

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Well, I had so much fun making my first cartridge box (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36748) that i decided to do another. I had another 50 cases of .32 S&W to load up, and decided to do these with a smokeless powder. I went with 1.3 grains of Bullseye (thanks Sixgun!).

Here's a picture of the new cartridge box (top and bottom) along with the completed one I previously made:

A shot of the top of the box. I got the design idea from a Cheyenne Cartridge Box (background), altering it to my tastes. The print design is similar to the one I did previously.

I like the background, but won't use it again on small cartridges. Might work for .44 or .45 caliber ammunition, since this will be in a larger box, but the print is too small on a box for cartridges of the size of the .32 S&W.

Here's the details on the reload. Just used the same details as on the other box.

This time I changed the font (not sure if I like it - looks better in person than in the picture). Also added print to each side of the box. Here's one of the ends:

Took some advise from the last post too:

And here is my shout-out for the load recipe!

Finally, I decided to change the name of the manufacturer:

Work in progress. Learning a bit each time I do this - and it is fun!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - cartridge box - second one

Post by Pitchy »

Those are really cool, nice job again. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Now you're just showing off. :D Really good there,Jay.
Old Law Dawg
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Those are great! Are you going to try a rifle box? Rifle cartridge box, that is.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

So pretty.

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

THOSE BOXES JUST TICKLE THE DICKENS OUTTA ME. HOW COOL.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Joe Reilly
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Joe Reilly »

Looks great. Before you do very many, you may want to correct the spelling of "commercial". :oops:
NRA Benefactor Member

My mind is like a steel trap,
rusty and illegal in 37 states.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, those boxes are great! I like the way you personalise the labels, the options are endless. 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

Enough already!

Now you need to tell us how you did the printing. :mrgreen:

How did you get the print to be upside down and vertical on the two side flaps. Or did you print it in five takes?

Thanks
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

WAY COOL !! :shock: Love them! :wink:
.Dirty-.Thirty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by .Dirty-.Thirty »

Joe Reilly wrote:Looks great. Before you do very many, you may want to correct the spelling of "commercial". :oops:

Those rare misprint boxes will be worth a $ ton in the future :D

They look great, wish i was smarter nuff to make some!! Keep the pictures coming! .DT
Marlin Owner....Henry Owner....Winchester Owner
rgates
Levergunner 1.0

Post by rgates »

The boxes are great! But, why print the date you loaded them? When you shoot them up, and reload them, you'll have to make another label. Just saying.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Darned Cool!

Gonna have to try that.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

8) 8) 8)
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Kid,
I'm estatic! :D It is one of, if not the coolest item I have even seen in my 57 years as a tax paying citizen of the U-nited States of America :D I give you extreme credit for a job well done. :D I really like the time you spent on the originality of the font from the last half of the greatest century this country has ever experienced. :D

I'm really impressed and I will guarantee that load in print as long as the guns they are shot in are quality Smith & Wesson, H&R, even Iver Johnson and not some foreign junk or suicide specials

Its a light safe load which generates only about 550-600 fps and I have used that load several thousand times in top break S&W's from the 1880's on.

Thanks partner! :D On another note, I was banned fulltime from Cast Boolits because I told them that the boys here at leverguns forgot more than the members of Cast Boolits will ever know. :D

Hey guys, I just took a pic from Cast Boolits. I told the moderator that he was being a sissy for kis*ing butt to the owner so I got banned "FOREVER"---- :cry: :cry: Can someone send me some Kleenex?? :lol: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :D Sixgun :D
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

Now thats neat!!!
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Joe Reilly wrote:Looks great. Before you do very many, you may want to correct the spelling of "commercial". :oops:

Oh, for Pete's sake! Duh!!!

Yep, I'll correct it in the future!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

damienph wrote:Those are great! Are you going to try a rifle box? Rifle cartridge box, that is.

I am planning to. These are fun to make - and fun to figure out. Very theraputic (sp?)!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

rgates wrote:The boxes are great! But, why print the date you loaded them? When you shoot them up, and reload them, you'll have to make another label. Just saying.

I thought of that with the second one - just after the fact! :oops: For these, I'll print up stickers to cover the information with "fresh" data after I shoot them. For future boxes, I'm going to put a stick on the inside top of the box.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

rbertalotto wrote:Enough already!

Now you need to tell us how you did the printing. :mrgreen:

How did you get the print to be upside down and vertical on the two side flaps. Or did you print it in five takes?

Thanks

Printed in two takes. The first was the color, and the second was the printing itself.

I created this in Excel again. On the first tab I made the box design - the red and yellow pattern. No word yet. Took me several trials and errors to get it to the final size.

On the next tab I printed up what I wanted to be on the box. For the parts that were reversed (flipped) or turned sideways, I simply took a screen print of them right-side up, copied it to "Paint", cut it out and recopied it to Excel. This allowed me to flip the wording so it would print correctly in one pass.

I did this with every "section" of the box. I then copied and pasted each section onto the red and yellow background, sizing them to fit into the space. Once I finished that, I made a copy of the page. I took one copy and removed all the printed sections. I took the other and "whited out" all the background color. I did this in two steps as the picture of the .32 round wouldn't print right if I tried it all at once. It was then just a matter of printing the colored background, and then feeding the same page back into the printer and printing the printed section - which since I copied it from the one I worked up, was exactly right the first time.

Instint box cover with printing on all five faces! :D
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Way over my head pard!! I am glad someone can figure all that stuff out. :D