what do you guys pay for your hunting license

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

what do you guys pay for your hunting license

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I just had to renew my hunting and fishing lisence.... :shock:
I usually get a Sportsman's License (includes Hunting and Freshwater Fishing licenses;
and Deer, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl permits) and its $80.50 and then a salt water license in another 17 bucks..
Its getting kind of exspensive...oh yeah, and then theres the federal duck stamp....
Then you need to apply for quota hunts in the Wildlife Management area...most cost
nothing, but some cost as much as a few hundred bucks....These give you access
for a certain amount of time....or the first nine days of the season....

By the time its all said and done...
the lisence..camper,and all the stuff in it, the truck, gas. guns, bows, knives, etc. etc....
venison has got to be the most expensive meat on earth..
Money well spent though! :wink:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Re: what do you guys pay for your hunting license

Post by ollogger »

elk 57.00 deer 43.00 antelope 38.00 moose 117.00
turkey 16.00 dont know bout fishing or small game oh lion 30.00
bear 45.00 , yep it aint cheap, Beef looks better every year!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

About $1,500 twice a year (in property taxes).

All I hunt for food is deer (mostly), groundhogs (rarely these days), and maybe a rabbit or two. We shoot feral dogs and cats that go for our livestock or chickens, and an occasional raiding possum or raccoon, as well. None of those require a license if you're a landowner here. I think if I hunted birds, I'd still have to get a 'stamp' and/or license, but I haven't ever had the desire to bird-hunt.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

$165.00 covers almost everything including fishing, except $3.00 Turkey and $3.00 Bear here in Wisconsin.

Oh yeah, paid a grand total of $ 12,107.00 in property taxes...get absolutely nothing in return, hunting wise.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Eighty something for elk, bear, cougar and deer....that includes forest grouse, too. Small game is extra, plus duck stamps, pheasant stamps and other stuff I don't bother with.....I'm not real annal about the hunting, but I sure love an excuse to get out weekends in the fall :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
futura
Levergunner

Post by futura »

$32 for the license
Tags for some of the interesting ones.
black bear $20
Caribou $20
Grizzly $80
Cougar $30
Bison $70
Mountain Sheep $60
Roosevelt Elk $15
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Interesting topic,
One time I sat down and figured up our cost per pound of fishing trips here in Az,
I came up with $987.37 per pound.
Not a cost effective means of food gathgering!
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Disabled VET! I get my hunting and fishing license free! :D
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

TX Sportsman is $68.00 and includes big and small game and fishing. There are no additional "stamps" for archery or mzldr, etc. It comes with 5 WTD tags, a mule deer tag, an antelope tag and several turkey tags plus 2 red drum tags for those over 28". The Federal Migratory Bird Stamp is $15. It is really not bad for all the tags we are allotted. Kids get the same set of tags for just $7.00!
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

$50 for SC state hunting and freshwater fishing, game management (public lands) permit, migratory bird permit. For turkey hunting, tags are required as well -- free.
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

11$ - 65 yr. old, hunting and fishing. Doesn't include "big game", trout, migratory bird, or WLM permit.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

about $200.00. I live in ohio but own land and buy out of state license in kentucky. I don't bother to hunt in ohio anymore other than going to a bird farm for pheasants. I like to big game hunt with a rifle not a sluggun.
.Dirty-.Thirty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by .Dirty-.Thirty »

Runs me around $135 every year for in state hunting, fishing and WMA access!! .DT
Last edited by .Dirty-.Thirty on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marlin Owner....Henry Owner....Winchester Owner
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

So far CA hunting license fees have set me back $108.93. Goofy prices are: License-$43.46, 1st Deer tag-$29.16, 2nd Deer tag-$36.21. :roll:

My "physical condition" may prevent me from much hunting, but, at least I can roll around the ranch in a vehicle and take a "target" of opportunity. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Mike D. wrote:So far CA hunting license fees have set me back $108.93. Goofy prices are: License-$43.46, 1st Deer tag-$29.16, 2nd Deer tag-$36.21. :roll:

My "physical condition" may prevent me from much hunting, but, at least I can roll around the ranch in a vehicle and take a "target" of opportunity. :)
Mike..... if you enjoy it...get out there...Do you have an atv or utility vehicle?
All you need is a blind to drive up to....and relax and enjoy!
Goofy prices indeed...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I have a 65+ Arkansaw Hunt/Fish license, have to buy a trout stamp, don't duck hunt. This license cost 35 dollars.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

Here in NY:
Basic sportsman here is 47$
Covers big game ( deer and bear )
small game
fishing ( extra $$ for the ocean I think )

M/L is 21$ Extra tag for deer and bear

ducks the fed 15$ stamp

turkeys 10$

Bow 21$ and cirt from a class after 1980
Phil
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

"Disabled VET! I get my hunting and fishing license free!"
--horsesoldier03

Free?

I don't think so. As you are a disabled veteran, you paid for the so-called "free" hunting license....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Mike D. wrote:So far CA hunting license fees have set me back $108.93. Goofy prices are: License-$43.46, 1st Deer tag-$29.16, 2nd Deer tag-$36.21. :roll:
This...and the low deer numbers in my area on public land, is making it more and more difficult to enjoy hunting. I'm pretty much sticking to wild boar from now on. If I happen to draw a premium tag, then sure, I'll hit the woods. Otherwise, deer hunting in California has become a waste of time. Too many hunters and non-hunters in the woods, and not enough deer.

That's why I'm heading to Alaska in August for a week of caribou hunting out on Adak Island.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

Old Time Hunter wrote: Oh yeah, paid a grand total of $ 12,107.00 in property taxes...get absolutely nothing in return, hunting wise.
You'll have to have us all over to your mansion some time... or is it just own half a county? :shock:

$25
Entitles the holder to hunt all game species using modern gun, muzzleloader or archery, and to take a total bag limit of deer. Five deer tags and two turkey tags are included with this license.
Plus
$10.50
Entitles a resident to fish the waters of the state with sport fishing tackle. A Resident Trout Permit also must be purchased to retain trout or to fish in certain waters.
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

When you reach age 65 in South Carolina you get a free lifetime hunting/fishing/everything license at no cost which is valid for the rest of your life.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

mklwhite wrote:
Old Time Hunter wrote: Oh yeah, paid a grand total of $ 12,107.00 in property taxes...get absolutely nothing in return, hunting wise.
You'll have to have us all over to your mansion some time... or is it just own half a county? :shock:
Nope, no mansion, just little shack...do live on a lake though and have couple of hundred+ acres au'naturel up in far northern Wisconsin. Together last years property taxes were $ 12,107.00 combined. Back in 1978, they were $ 1,298.00 combined...that is how much they have gone up.
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

In Missouri

I am over 65 so... fishing other than trout is free; small game hunting is free.

As a property owner each member of the household is entitled to five free deer each. Over that requires a small tag fee.
The largest herd of whitetails I have seen on the farm at one time (my wife's rose garden) was fifteen. Theoretically my wife and I could harvest ten deer combined. This would require a third food freezer which makes the token supplementary tag fee for deer 6 and up irrelevant. This is also unlikely because of the very short season. My only complaint is the brevity of the season. A short spell of bad weather or a temporary illness and one can lose the entire season.

We are also allowed , I believe, two turkeys each. We have quite a few turkeys but I don't hunt them as I am primarily a rifle/pistol shooter. In California I hunted pheasants and quail but no pheasants here and quail are scace so I won't hunt them. They are worth more to me alive. I don't hunt migratory birds so that's out. We don't have an ocean so that is out too.

As an ex-patriot native Californian I am delighted with the opportunities here. As for California's wierd fee schedule what do you expect, Wierd state.
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

horsesoldier03 wrote:Disabled VET! I get my hunting and fishing license free! :D
same here in Texas.I haven't bought one since 04.as a side note same with my plates on my truck,drivers license or ccw.
DAV life member.
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

A hair under $200 for me this year. Deer, bear, elk cougar, small game, fishing license, salmon and stealhead punchcards and putting in for all the special permits for deer, elk, sheep, moose and goats. Found out yesterday I was drawn for a late antlerless elk tag, so if I don't tag out on a 3 point or larger bull out behind the house, I have a very high percentage chance of taking an antlerless elk.

Of course, that doesn't include the $600 that I had to fork over just to put in for deer and antelope in Wyoming.... :D
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

txpete wrote:
horsesoldier03 wrote:Disabled VET! I get my hunting and fishing license free! :D
same here in Texas.I haven't bought one since 04.as a side note same with my plates on my truck,drivers license or ccw.
and you guys deserve it...enjoy the hunt'n season
many thanks
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

Old Time Hunter wrote:
mklwhite wrote:
Nope, no mansion, just little shack...do live on a lake though and have couple of hundred+ acres au'naturel up in far northern Wisconsin. Together last years property taxes were $ 12,107.00 combined. Back in 1978, they were $ 1,298.00 combined...that is how much they have gone up.
And to think at one time I thought about moving up there! They are bleeding you guys dry.
rogn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rogn »

Have lost track of regular resident hunting but I think its 24 or 27$, Ive gotten into the old fanny burp bracket, but with the addtnl tags , stamps, permits it tops 60$. State duck, bow, deer, muzzle loader, must be something else that Ive forgotten. Then the feds duck stamp.... Fishing- only salt for me Boat license-50$ =no old fanny burp discount on boat license, only on personal license. Then parking or ramp fees, both here in the PR of MD and Va. Offshore permits another 20$. The PR of MD has a history of diverting funds into the general fund(pyzz agn the wall) whereever they can. Only positives are the current deer bag limits should be able to feed a family of 6 venison thruout the year. I think out here in the ag zone the population is in check, but Baltimore county has a no limit on antlerless, and I suspect any one with any sense in Montg. county(there were at last census 3 of them)wishes theyd go with out limit also.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Just paid $43.91 Cdn for my deer licence, fishing is free after 65 :D :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................