How to post pictures????

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rogn
Levergunner 2.0

How to post pictures????

Post by rogn »

Can anyone provide a quick "how to post pictures" for the cyber inept? Appreciate it. Thanks
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: How to post pictures????

Post by JerryB »

There is one in the stickies at the top of the page, use to be anyway.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

It is easier now than when the sticky was made.

Go to Photobucket
Get an account (free) upload your picture to your album there.
Once the photo is there.
Click on the photo,
Click on the IMC bar in the window that opens (that automatically copies it.
Go back to your leverguns post ,right click and click on paste.
your picture will be here.

Harder to tell it than to do it! :wink:
rogn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rogn »

Thank you, Jerry and Chuck
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:It is easier now than when the sticky was made.

Go to Photobucket
Get an account (free) upload your picture to your album there.
Once the photo is there.
Just move your cursor onto the photo.
A box opens and then,
Click on the IMG bar in the window that opens (that automatically copies it, you'll see it momentarily flash "copied").
Go back to your leverguns post ,right click and click on paste (or hold the ctrl key down and press the "V" key).
This will inser the hmtl code for the pic on that line. (I usually then do a carriage return so the pic shows up by itself).
After submitting your post, your picture will be here.

Harder to tell it than to do it! :wink:
Edited by Griff
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Get a digital Camera with an SD card, set it on low resolution, click away and download to Your Computer. That way they are always there when You want them. Then when You Post and want to add a pic just browse and pick the one You want. You are more than halfway there if Your'e on here unless of course Your G-kids are doing it for You. Don't say I'm computer illiterate. JUSt say I've never posted pics but I'll give it a whirl.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

http://photobucket.com/

Go to this site and sign up - I think there's a free trial even.
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I don't want to confuse things because you really only want to use the photo posting technique that works for you. And the photobucket technique works, and we have a "sticky" with instructions for using it. Good to have written instructions.

But for those of us who do any editing of pictures ourselves it is simpler to post the picture direct from our computer to the leverguns post (that's what Perry -pwl44m- is talking about in his post above). All you have to have done beforehand is size the picture down to something smaller than 1000 pixels by 1000 pixels (I generally use 800X600 or visa versa if it is a vertical). If you are able to get them sized down and have them in a folder that you can find readily, just go down to the next box below where you are typing this fine prose, hit "browse", find your picture and click on it and hit "open", then hit "add the file". The file takes a moment to get added. Get your cursor to where you want to put this picture and hit "place inline". Here's a 600X800 pixel picture I just added that way:
35Remrifles.jpg
There is an option to caption the photo (a "file comment" box) which you don't have to use.

If you don't know how to size your picture down to the required size, and aren't interested in figuring it out, stick with photobucket. For the rest of us the direct route is probably simpler.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
jfwlb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jfwlb »

DSCF6002.JPG
Did it work?

It did! Much easier than using a hosting server!

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

And a very nice shot there, John!

The little "downside" to the direct method is that the reader of your post has to click on the picture to see it full size if they so desire. But all the regular or semi-regular folks who browse the board know about that little detail, so that's no big deal I would think. And since your picture is stored on the leverguns server it is sized on down further to reduce space consumption so there are not a lot of pixels remaining to be played with, but plenty for display on a computer screen.
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

427427_344798005560989_1964060580_n-1.jpg
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I thought I had this picture deal figured out, but I guess not. That is a fine looking picture there Buck and I wanted to see it larger, but when I click on it it doesn't show up full-size. How do you do that? I mean -- how did you post that so it doesn't show full size when clicked on?
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Before the moderators did the upgrade I had to resize pics. But now it seems all I have to do is add the file and the pic attaches just fine. Maybe the pics I'm posting are small enough OR they made adjustments to allow bigger pixel count...
If sizing is an issue, I found an app to resize & it was free.

I use my iPhone/iPad to take pics and for Leverguns site. For me to post pics is very simple, scroll down, two tabs ( options and attachments) hit attachments , button says ADD FILES, hit that then select pic. Wait for the green status bar and check mark and hit submit! Pics are loaded!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

earlmck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:33 pm I thought I had this picture deal figured out, but I guess not. That is a fine looking picture there Buck and I wanted to see it larger, but when I click on it it doesn't show up full-size. How do you do that? I mean -- how did you post that so it doesn't show full size when clicked on?
The size of the file (6.62 KiB) indicates that IS "full size" - for that version of the picture anyway. So to answer your question, upload a picture that's small and there will not be any other "full size" picture option.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Like this dinky thing?
aa120x52x300Savage.jpg
vs this clickable thing?
aa800x350x300Savage.jpg
Aaaaa Haaaaa! Got it. Mucho thanks Paul.
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

earlmck wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:27 am Like this dinky thing?aa120x52x300Savage.jpg vs this clickable thing?
aa800x350x300Savage.jpg

Aaaaa Haaaaa! Got it. Mucho thanks Paul.
Yeahsir, sumpin' kinda like that...

You're quite welcome! :D
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !