Larry McMurtry's Streets of Laredo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Larry McMurtry's Streets of Laredo

Post by cshold »

Just finished the 3 part series Streets of Laredo (1995) on
Netflix streaming, excellent series :)
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Larry McMurtry's Streets of Laredo

Post by AJMD429 »

Is it fiction, historic fiction, documentary, or what...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

It was a sequel to Lonesome Dove. Enjoyable movie!
junkwrencher
Levergunner 1.0

Post by junkwrencher »

I enjoyed it also. I was especially taken with the caracter Ben Lily, they either found some of his kin folk or computer regenerated his likeness. If you knew Ben or have seen his actual photographs you'll know what I mean. The caracter in the movie carried a longrifle(read muzzleloader) and Ben might have, but I always saw him with an 1894 Winchester.
Last edited by junkwrencher on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

junkwrencher wrote:I enjoyed it also. I was especially taken with the caracter Ben Lily, they either found some of his kin folk or computer regenerated his likeness. If you knew Ben or have seen his actual photographs you'll know what I mean. The caracter in the movie carried a longrifle(read muzzleloader) and Ben might have, but I always saw him with an 1982 Winchester.
Never heard of him until now. Very intereting fella and thanks for the reference! They say he carried an 1894 and/or 1886 in 33 Win. on various websites. Have to do some more research...he sounds like the Meshach Browning of the Southwest, x10.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

pretty good western...always liked James Garner...and Sam Shepard
but it does not compare to the original Lonesome Dove...

I have to rank Lonesome Dove on top
Return to Lonesome Dove second
Streets of Laredo third
Dead Mans Walk fourth
and Camanche Moon fifth

have yet to see the "outlaw years" or "the series"
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Bluehawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bluehawk »

Rifle the kid used is a 1911 Swiss rifle so even though it was cool to look at it was not period correct. ( even if it was supposed to be the earlier model that was only 1909) Garner and Shepard are great it did NOT live up to the orignal but it was still enjoyable to watch
The right way is always the hardest. It's like the law of nature , water always takes the path of least resistence...... That's why we get crooked rivers and crooked men . TR Theodore the Great
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

All outstanding shows. I have them all and watch em every couple years or so.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

RIHMFIRE wrote:pretty good western...always liked James Garner...and Sam Shepard
but it does not compare to the original Lonesome Dove...

I have to rank Lonesome Dove on top
Return to Lonesome Dove second
Streets of Laredo third
Dead Mans Walk fourth
and Camanche Moon fifth

have yet to see the "outlaw years" or "the series"

The series is pretty good. I picked it up a couple months ago and watched it. Sometimes the acting is suspect but overall a good series. Only problem with watching series that were canceled is you never get a closure or ending. I have not seen the Outlaw years yet either but when I run across it I will pick it up.

Streets of Laredo is a pretty good show. I rented it from Netflix and also seen it on the Western channel a few times. I really enjoy the Lonsome Dove story.