Bummed out on what started out as a great weekend!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Bummed out on what started out as a great weekend!

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Well the weekend started off great. We went and spent it with family and I helped my nephew get a great deal on a used Browning BPS 12 GA Shotgun. He has never hunted and is just starting to get into firearms. I took him out to help me set up a new deerstand this weekend.

Things went great, I found a great location and upon securing the 2 person stand that I intended for myself and my daughter to hunt from; I turned around checking my shooting lanes and had a coyote out in an open field at approx 75 yrds. I told my nephew to go get his shotgun and stand at the front of the truck. I then proceeded to mouth call the coyote in for a nice 30 yrd shot for my nephew, his first kill.

The following morning I went and hunted my stand. Things were awesome, the deer movement was just as I predicted and I passed on several shot opportunites. At 9 am I decided I was ready to go grab a quick bite to eat and returned at 11 am only to find my feeder cut from the tree and busted on the ground and my deerstand and game camera stolen. All this was on private land.

Almost $300 down the drain and deer season is just getting started!

Not sure which is worse, a horse thief or a deerstand theif!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”