B92 44 Mag

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

B92 44 Mag

Post by Old Savage »

Anybody using one - think I am joining the club soon. What do you think of yours?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: B92 44 Mag

Post by OldWin »

I have one. I was shocked how well it shot. Haven't used it in a while but if I remember correctly I was using 240gr. Hornady XTP's over 22gr. of IMR4227.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Just picked one up this summer. Very smooth and a good shooter. I think I need to shave a little off of the front sight as I had to raise the back one quite a bit to get it to hit the bullseye at 50 meters. But it's consistent.
I positive I will introduce it to a whitetail this season.

I feel its easily worth 100 or 200 more than a import, but maybe not 300 or 400 more.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I have one. I suggest getting a slip on pad (I have one of those lace on leather pads) for both LOP and cushion the recoil. They can kick more than you would guess with hot loads with that design of stock.
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

Had one years ago. Wish I still did. They have a sorta-kinda Microgroove rifling. My load was 22GRS H110, mag primer, under a Hornady 265 FP. Grouped into 1-1/2" with iron sights at 100yds off the bench. jd45
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Booger Bill wrote:They can kick more than you would guess with hot loads with that design of stock.

That's been my experience too, considerably more than the same gun in a .357. Both the ones I had in .44mag were kickers, but very accurate. The installation of a good peep sight is well worth the effort and cost.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

Used to have one in 357- excellent little rifle but I found the range very limited.

Now I have one in 44 mag. Well made, acceptable accuracy for this sort of firearm. I agree, it does 'kick a bit' noticeably but not unbearably.
Windjammer
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Windjammer »

I have an unfired Centennial model for sale. If interested, contact me @ bmyers5229@bellsouth.net
Reqards,
Windjammer
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by big bear »

I have one. I used to shoot a Win94 carbine in 44mag, with Williams receiver sight. When i got this one I gave the Win94 to my youngest son. I can shoot better groups with the 94 because of the sights. but in our "roll the can" game I can still beat youngblood with the browning 92 ( we put a big juice can at 50yds and shoot offhand, if you hit it you get to keep shooting, you miss , other guy shoots, last guy to hit wins. We shoot at my cabin in the mountains , so no problems with stray lead, nearest folks are 18 miles away, other side of the moutain. Get the Browning , you'll love it. Drill some holes in it, put on better sights, brag about it and I just may get up the nerve to put some better sights on mine.( hate drilling holes in lovely rifles, I know, I know they were meant to be used, yayayada......
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Fred,

I bought a heavily-carried one, back around early 2005. I like it. I bought a Roosi large loop lever for it, and the lever was a drop-in replacement for the regular factory lever:
B92 Right 640.jpg
My first impression of the rifle was that the wood looks like fine office furniture. I don't shoot it much, though, mainly due to the cost of ammo. Eventually, I will set up the reloading equipment that I have in storage.

Shawn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
au2183
Levergunner

Post by au2183 »

I have one with a tang sight on it that makes it very easy to shoot accurately. It does kick a bit off the bench, but I don't think I'll even notice it when hunting. I use Buffalo Bore 300's in mine.
B-92 Steven
Levergunner

Post by B-92 Steven »

Yes you should join the club. I love mine. The best of the clones, and the way some members talk, even better than the original.